Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dicks Sporting Goods

Default Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - Northside OKC?

Looks like Dick's by Quail Springs is officially open

MadMonk Guest

Went by there at lunch. Nice place, really good selection too. I'll definitely shop there when I'm ready to buy something.

I made a quick tour through the west side store today. There is some nice clothing selection but really limited in the section I use most at Academy and Backwoods, camping. It seemed to be comparatively limited in equipment in general other than the fishing section looked pretty large. Wish we could trade for a Backwoods and/or an Academy on this side of town instead. But yes, some decent clothes and I'll drop in there now and then.

Please no more Academy's, they carry more hunting fishing but cheaper brands. If you want more outdoors stuff, I'd rather see a Cabelas.

Rei

6. Default Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - Northside OKC?

Just got back from Dick's on Penn. Looks like Heaven for golfers, runners attire, shoes, guns, and fishing stuff. The parking lot was cluttered by a live radio truck, plus there's construction going on on each side of the building, so parking will get smoother in a month or two.

Don't waste your time going there for tennis gear, though. It's as minimal as can be. For tennis, go to Racquet Pro on May Avenue. That's an incredible tennis store.
    Last edited by drumsncode; 11-02-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Added more info

Very excited for these. We've lacked a good sporting goods store almost as badly as we still lack a good grocery store. Happy to see at least one of these getting addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    Just got back from Dick's on Penn. Looks like Heaven for golfers, runners attire, shoes, guns, and fishing stuff. The parking lot was cluttered by a live radio truck, plus there's construction going on on each side of the building, so parking will get smoother in a month or two.

Don't waste your time going there for tennis gear, though. It's as minimal as can be. For tennis, go to Racquet Pro on May Avenue. That's an incredible tennis store.
    Parking smoother? Yeah the holiday rush will help it.

I am very glad they finally came to OKC. I wrote them in 2005 asking and at the time they said there were no plans to come here. I wonder if the arrival of the NBA helped?

Not impressed. More like "Dick's Sportswear (and a limited selection of sporting equipment that we've pushed to the perimeter of the store)" perhaps if I was a golfer...

They are not a hunting/fishing focused store... which is a good change for OKC.

Lacrosse but not hockey? WTF. I feel for OKC Baron's management who are trying to increase the number of fans in the stands. When Dick's sporting good stores do not have OKC Baron's shirts let alone hockey equipment, hockey as a sport is doomed in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Parking smoother? Yeah the holiday rush will help it.
    And the other stores will opening soon also. That won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    Not impressed. More like "Dick's Sportswear (and a limited selection of sporting equipment that we've pushed to the perimeter of the store)" perhaps if I was a golfer...
    Haven't been in, but that description does not surprise. We likely have many more people who wish to look like they are sporty than we have people who wish to actually be so.

They can't carry every local team.

Quote Originally Posted by mgsports View Post
    They can't carry every local team.
    Why not? I'm not suggesting that they carry the Sunnyside Daycare's PeeWee Soccer logo shirts, but how about those that rent out the Cox Convention Center 30-some times a year?

One of the spaces in the store out front will officially be freebirds

They are adding something to the south side of the building. Anyone know what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    They are adding something to the south side of the building. Anyone know what it is?
    Petco according to OKC Biz New and Expanding. See below.

New & Expanding

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Petco according to OKC Biz New and Expanding. See below.
    Thanks. I personally like Petco better than Petsmart so this is great news!

21. Default Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - Northside OKC?

Glad to see a Petco in this area.

Stopped by Dick's yesterday - nice store, but definitely geared more towards "sports fashion" than sports equipment.

22. Default Re: Dicks Sporting Goods

Why won't this thread disappear from the "latest posts" sort after I click on it?

Thread Information