Widgets Magazine

Thread: scotch & cigar

Default scotch & cigar

it's getting harder & harder to find a place to smoke a good cigar and drink a nice scotch.

Without spending a fortune with plaid pants oilies, nor a pounding sound track where I can't hear myself think, so where in the metro (and Norman doesn't count with their black & white gestopo on wheels).

sure Henry's works for most of us, so long as you like Johnny Walker or "well".

so where can I go? (and "hell" doesn't count)

thanks in advance (and no offense to Norman-ites)

Default Re: scotch & cigar

no offense taken. Back when I used to imbibe, my friends and I didn't tend to venture up north real often.

added: Our patrol officers are actually some of the more reasonable leo's I've ever met, and well, over time I've met more than a few.
    Last edited by kevinpate; 03-12-2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: typo

actually norman leos are harassing bullies, and I should know, I live in edmond.

I have a story, the norman cop admitted he was trying to harass me by tailgating me, he just thought I was a kid because of the car I drive.

anyway, I STILL love to go south & visit friends.

where in the metro for scotch & cigars?

The Tobacco Exchange at 63rd and May has a lounge attached to it, great place, just bring your own scotch

I like TE but it's not a bar. I can do that at home

I take it Opus Steakhouse is no longer in business on Memorial east of Western? They have a cigar lounge.

Oklahoma will move way up in The National Health Polls when we reinstate 100% Prohibition on alcohol and treat tobacco use the same as smoking crack or doing meth, crimewise.

Well . . . Won't we?

Did I forget mandatory Veganism?
    (How about a State Resolution against "Poll Dancing"?)

This has been a big complaint of mine since moving back here. Tulsa, Denver, even way out in the burbs of dallas its easy to find a good cigar bar/lounge. No offense to TE, but it just doesnt have the right atmosphere to really relax with a good cigar.

And you can keep your scotch, I prefer a good bourbon with my cigar, but for now only from the comfort of my porch.

Hey, guys! great idea! my porch, henceforth known as "CJ's Place" is now open for business! (on a more serious note, that is my retirement plan, assuming tabacco products are still legal by the time I retire).

I go to Belle Isle about once a week to smoke a cigar, they don't sell them, and have a few brews. I'm not a scotch drinker but they have a good assortment of Scotch's

Mickey mantles

Mickey Mantles/Opus Prime seem like a very expensive option. Belle Isle might be alright, I didn't realize they allowed cigars in there (most bars, even when smoking is acceptable, do not like cigars).

I've been going to Belle Isle for happy hour once a week for a couple years and have been told to enjoy my cigar.

i hope people continue to think of mickey mantles bar as "really expensive"

14. Default Re: scotch & cigar

RIP Makers

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i hope people continue to think of mickey mantles bar as "really expensive"
    I've never been there... is it expensive?

Makers was pretty expensive, I can only guess that Micky Mantle's & Opus Steakhouse might be expensive. Bricktown parking is not convenient.

I personally like the Henry's on Memorial over Belle Isle....but would gladly meet anyone at either place or MM for that matter.

But would prefer a nicer sport without breaking the bank.

It's been a while, but a couple of years ago my wife and I were celebrating her birthday at Juniors, and had a cigar and Grand Marnier in the piano bar afterward. They had an excellent singer that night. It was a lot of fun.

McNellie's pub

2nd floor used to be open for smoking (is it still?).

parking is good. can be loud & crowded. good scotch selection. medium to hi prices.

Even though you don't want to go to Norman, Royal Pipes on Boyd near Campus Corner has a great little cigar bar as part of their store. Has food as well but haven't tried it. No banging music. Good drink selection. Quiet conversation or left alone, your choice. I've lived in Norman about 17 years and the only two times I've met my local police were for speeding. Can't blame them for that. They were courteous and professional both times. The one time I met an OKC police officer not so much. Rolled a stop sign on a deserted intersection near Tinker at 5:00 a.m. in the dark. Bushwacked. I think I woke him up. Not courteous at all. A real SOB. But back to the thread. Sneak into Norman and give Royal Pipes a try.

Quote Originally Posted by LowRyter View Post
    McNellie's pub

2nd floor used to be open for smoking (is it still?).

parking is good. can be loud & crowded. good scotch selection. medium to hi prices.
    it is the 3rd floor ... and still smoking ... and their scotch prices (at least on the high end stuff) are lower than most other places

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    it is the 3rd floor ... and still smoking ... and their scotch prices (at least on the high end stuff) are lower than most other places

I may have to give that a try but I'll have Crown since I'm not a Scotch drinker.

Doesn't The Ranch have a bar area complete with a selection of cigars to buy? I haven't been in there in a while so maybe it's gone.

I've never been to the Ranch but I've heard it's great but expensive. I've had a cigar at Jrs, nice place and expensive.

Looks like we have a consensus for 3rd floor of McNellie's pub. I know that it's a real party there on St Pattys.

Would anyone like to meet on an evening after work? Cigar, libations and philosophical discussions?

Thread Information