Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516

Thread: Open Carry Law Set to Pass

Default Re: Open Carry Law Set to Pass

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Hell yeah!

Surveillance video: Internet café patron shoots suspected robbers

http://freedom43tv.com/2012/07/17/su...ected-robbers/
    Don't mind seeing that at all. And this is from a conceal carry licensed, gun-toting, Obama voting liberal. However, I would imagine there will be some debate about this man's pursuit of the thugs once they started to retreat. Personally I think he was justified to pursue in order to eliminate the threat from the room; he stopped at the door which is about as far as he could take the pursuit. But, he was on the line I think; had he gone out the door, he would have crossed that line.

2. Default Re: Open Carry Law Set to Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Fly on the Wall View Post
    Don't mind seeing that at all. And this is from a conceal carry licensed, gun-toting, Obama voting liberal. However, I would imagine there will be some debate about this man's pursuit of the thugs once they started to retreat. Personally I think he was justified to pursue in order to eliminate the threat from the room; he stopped at the door which is about as far as he could take the pursuit. But, he was on the line I think; had he gone out the door, he would have crossed that line.
    Not worried about that debate. The only one's who matter (police/DA) have already weighed in that it looks justified. Some people will argue you should tuck tail and play the coward anytime gun totting thugs confront you. One on one you might have to do just that. This citizen was lucky and the thugs simply could not watch everyone. I think he handled it 100% correctly and stopped exactly when he should. I love it.

Yes, I didn't mean it would be a legal debate, but just in theory. For example, had he fired, hit and killed one of the robbers outside the building I think you'd be seeing a different situation. As it is, from what I understand, no one was hit, which is hard to believe given the range.

Well, I guess the suspects were hit. The initial story I read had comments that no one was shot.

As for the voting comments - won't bother me at all to be asked for I.D. I get asked for it in every other facet of life. I want to be sure the dead don't vote and that these close elections are not won with the help of those not having the right to vote. (those who are here without legal status).

Thread Information