Widgets Magazine

Thread: Window Tinting

1. Default Window Tinting

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where to get the windows tinted on my new ride. Looking for good price, customer service, ect. Thanks

2. Default Re: Window Tinting

There is a thread on this regarding the NW side of OKC and Edmond. This is what I posted there.... "I've used both Adams Auto Tinting (in Bethany?) and most recently I tinted two cars at Star Tint and NW 10 and Villa.

Adams did a really good job, but I had to drop the car off. Star did just as good a job and was cheaper and did it while I waited (40 minutes or so)."

MadMonk Guest

Default Re: Window Tinting

Just got mine done at Alta Mere on SW 117th. Only took 30 minutes or so and I'm happy with the results. I think there was a groupon recently for them as well, but I only needed two windows done so it wouldn't have helped me.

This is my FIRST time to post - including that to add a bit of gravitas to my recommendation - Star Tint (mentioned prior) on May & Villa. They were recommended by my dealership to replace the tinting on my front windows. I used them to do so before Christmas - in and out quickly and beautiful job. I JUST went there this week for the two back and rear window tint replacement. While my wait was a bit longer, it was well worth the wait. Evenly applied, not one bubble and no residue from prior installation. I live by Mercy Hospital so this certainly isn't right around the corner but I wouldn't consider any of the 20 places between us! Clean facility and professional staff.

5. Default Re: Window Tinting

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    There is a thread on this regarding the NW side of OKC and Edmond. This is what I posted there.... "I've used both Adams Auto Tinting (in Bethany?) and most recently I tinted two cars at Star Tint and NW 10 and Villa.

Adams did a really good job, but I had to drop the car off. Star did just as good a job and was cheaper and did it while I waited (40 minutes or so)."
    Adams needed to put 20 miles on my brand new SS to test the durability of their tint. I'll never use that place again (after using them for about 5 vehicles).

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Just got mine done at Alta Mere on SW 117th. Only took 30 minutes or so and I'm happy with the results. I think there was a groupon recently for them as well, but I only needed two windows done so it wouldn't have helped me.
    Alta Mere is ridiculously expensive compared to most places. They do good work and have great service though. So there's that.

Latest guy I've been using is on the south side. Angel at Quality Window Tint. 405-620-5943. Really nice guy. Fast and keeps a super clean shop. Friend of mine that owns an aftermarket upgrade company uses him daily and recommended him.

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Alta Mere is ridiculously expensive compared to most places. They do good work and have great service though. So there's that.
    I didn't shop around much since they were convenient to work and I've had good luck with them in the past. I paid $99 for two front windows to match the factory tint on our new SUV and it comes with a lifetime warranty. How does that compare to others; did I get ripped off?

7. Default Re: Window Tinting

I wouldn't say ripped off. I'd say that you could have had it done cheaper elsewhere. Alta Mere usually has several options ranging from reasonable to RIDICULOUSLY high for what you get.

I meant to put a smiley on that post...But this forum doesn't allow you to type in the smileys...They don't show. I have no beef with Alta Mere, and I don't want to talk smack about them. But they are generally a bit spendy.

I'm actually about to leave to get my wife's new car tinted right meow. Front two windows. $50.

Thread Information