Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sailor & The Dock

Film Exchange Sailor & The Dock

I apologize if I duplicated a thread, but I searched the Development & Buildings, restaurants and retail forums and didn't see a thread for Sailor & The Dock. It's on Film Row at 617 W Sheridan. See website below. Soft Opening on Saturday, September 2nd.

https://sailorandthedock.com/new-exp...-downtown-okc/

Default Re: Sailor & The Dock

I'll have more on this soon:

This website has pics of what it was before Hamid got a hold of it:

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properti...ce-on-film-row

Ahoy, Matey!

We've taken part in some pop up events there before the build out and Hamid & Josh are stand up guys with a solid vision for a cool space.

Those Hamid is a friend of mine's brother. Excited to go check this out...especially since they included a repurposed sailboat bar.

I finally walked across the street and checked out the space. I was skeptical about it initially but I was wrong. They have turned this into a great space with some cool retailers and shops inside. I didn't have much time to explore but there is a cool indie bookstore as you first walk in along with a farm to table shop that serves food made with ingredients from their farm. I will be trying it out soon. There also is a shop that sells locally made pastas as well as oils and vinegars As you walk through, there is a plant shop and several other small retailers. Towards the back, there is a coffee shop and a bar made from a sailboat in the middle. They currently serve wine and beer and are looking to expand into a full bar at some point.

If you a downtown, swing by and check it out. They have their own parking lot across the street,

I love seeing public markets like this in OKC, but I wonder if they are ahead of their time. I hope they can attract the necessary foot traffic to sustain this business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I love seeing public markets like this in OKC, but I wonder if they are ahead of their time. I hope they can attract the necessary foot traffic to sustain this business model.
    It's not a new concept, but sometimes it has been shown to work. The one instance I can think of that I'm fond of is Underground in Atlanta, but they're languishing these days. I guess the pandemic and number of economic issues really put a damper on the whole place.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    It's not a new concept, but sometimes it has been shown to work. The one instance I can think of that I'm fond of is Underground in Atlanta, but they're languishing these days. I guess the pandemic and number of economic issues really put a damper on the whole place.
    These concepts are not new, however, they typically thrive in tourist cities.

Thread Information