Widgets Magazine
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1260

Thread: Steelyard

Default Re: Steelyard

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Beating a dead horse, but it's just fascinating to look at these pictures. So much infill and there's no shortage on surface lots that more development can occur on (and most likely will occur on). Can't wait to see what will happen directly west of the Criterion.

Blog Entries

Gamechanger.

What's being planned for the area to the east of Steelyard? The area with the construction trailers and construction storage for the project. (I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to go back and find the answer.)

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    What's being planned for the area to the east of Steelyard? The area with the construction trailers and construction storage for the project. (I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to go back and find the answer.)
    Steelyard Phase II: 100 more apartments.

However, I believe the plans for that are on hold for a while.

I imagine they'll wait for Phase I to fill up first, correct?

I love that shot of Sheridan going all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheNorth View Post
    I imagine they'll wait for Phase I to fill up first, correct?
    I believe Phase II is on hold indefinitely.

You know, those pics are awesome but actually walking this area and seeing it in person....very very nice.

Ok, so what if the parking lot next to the wonderful criterion.could be used/turned into an art gallery, bike/scooter shop with an indoor/outdoor skate park. Have a few modern/industrial designed lofts for sale and a dog park above it like Gary brooks did with "the edge" over in midtown. The art gallery and and internet café would liven up the street with big windows inviting you in. The bike/scooter/skateboard shop would invite an active lifestyle in this community and the skatepark with rails and halfpipes would provide a new kind of entertainment to the area and with residential above it you truly embrace the whole mixed/use vibe/wave we have been on here in OKC recently.

Have there been any discussions on what is going to go to the West of the Criterion?

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheNorth View Post
    Have there been any discussions on what is going to go to the West of the Criterion?
    That property is currently for sale.

Do they still plan on putting up big pictures on the sides of the parking garage? If I recall correctly, the designs showed a large picture of a rower being put on the side as decor.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_on_mines View Post
    You know, those pics are awesome but actually walking this area and seeing it in person....very very nice.

Ok, so what if the parking lot next to the wonderful criterion.could be used/turned into an art gallery, bike/scooter shop with an indoor/outdoor skate park. Have a few modern/industrial designed lofts for sale and a dog park above it like Gary brooks did with "the edge" over in midtown. The art gallery and and internet café would liven up the street with big windows inviting you in. The bike/scooter/skateboard shop would invite an active lifestyle in this community and the skatepark with rails and halfpipes would provide a new kind of entertainment to the area and with residential above it you truly embrace the whole mixed/use vibe/wave we have been on here in OKC recently.
    Great idea!

Yezzir.....there is a skate park flush with the river (wheeler park I believe) but having one in the core would be cool too

That photo is amazing to me considering how bare it was just 5 or so years ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_on_mines View Post
    Yezzir.....there is a skate park flush with the river (wheeler park I believe) but having one in the core would be cool too
    The skate park is separate, to the east of Wiley Post Park, along Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    That photo is amazing to me considering how bare it was just 5 or so years ago.
    Yeah, once the Steelyard and hotels are finished up, I wanna see a comparison shot of today and pre deep deuce developments from that angle. Everything on the bottom right third of the photo would be pretty much empty in the old pic.

21. Default Re: Steelyard

Great shot, Pete. That same picture taken 15 years ago would have been pretty depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Love this picture.

Any idea on the retail/dining tenants? Just curious if there have been any rumblings yet.

Not sure but is doesn't help that The Criterion only operates one or two days a month and only for a few hours at a time.

People complain about the weekend-only clubs in Bricktown but they are open way more than the Criterion.

Thread Information