Widgets Magazine
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1260

Thread: Steelyard

Default Re: Steelyard

Will there be a north-south crosswalk along any part of this stretch of Sheridan? The Criterion developers apparently don't expect one at their corner.

The parking garage on this thing has to be one of the ugliest in OKC. Hopefully they're just not finished with it?

I've received information about the rates for Steelyard.

1 bedrooms - $1125
    2 bedrooms - $1450
    3 bedrooms - $1800

This puts them up there with Metropolitan and The Edge with Lift and Level/Mosaic being more affordable. Seeing these prices made me recall this article back from 2013. http://newsok.com/article/3844476

Unlike other apartments being developed downtown, about 39 of the units will offer capped rent rates so that it can be affordable to restaurant workers, rowers along the Oklahoma River, and students at ACM@UCO and the OU Medical Center.
    I'm wondering if this is still on the table and how they plan on leasing those 39 units.

Blog Entries

Before I moved out of a 3 bedroom at the Regency, which we all know is the low end of pricing, it was $1675/mo, so I don't consider 1800 for a 3BR _TOO_ extravagant. The 1-2 BR, are def more than I'd like to see. I'm paying less for a 2BR at Regency than it costs for a 1BR at Steelyard.

Blog Entries

Oh, Metropolitan was 1788 for 3BR when I went there to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4OU View Post
    I've received information about the rates for Steelyard.

1 bedrooms - $1125
    2 bedrooms - $1450
    3 bedrooms - $1800

This puts them up there with Metropolitan and The Edge with Lift and Level/Mosaic being more affordable. Seeing these prices made me recall this article back from 2013. http://newsok.com/article/3844476

I'm wondering if this is still on the table and how they plan on leasing those 39 units.
    Cheaper than living 20 miles from downtown Denver by the airport.

Blog Entries

From when I was looking last... added Steelyard in for comparison
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apt-comp.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	13746

This street is looking good.

10. Default Re: Steelyard

BTW, Steelyard has set up a leasing office at The Edge; both are owned by Gary Brooks.

OMG, Pete. These drone shots are such a game changer. They just help you understand the developments so much better. Thanks!

Glad everyone is enjoying them.

Should have done this a log time ago.

However, I can see the huge time suck this is going to be. A labor of love to be sure, but I have a big list of things I want to photograph and of course, as soon as you take a photo it's out of date, so constant need to revisit.

Also, the basic operation of the drone is pretty straight-forward but there are a ton of cool things it can do and that learning curve is going to be long.

Big fun though! And grateful there is so much cool stuff to cover.

17. Default Re: Steelyard

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Glad everyone is enjoying them.

Should have done this a log time ago.

However, I can see the huge time suck this is going to be. A labor of love to be sure, but I have a big list of things I want to photograph and of course, as soon as you take a photo it's out of date, so constant need to revisit.

Also, the basic operation of the drone is pretty straight-forward but there are a ton of cool things it can do and that learning curve is going to be long.

Big fun though! And grateful there is so much cool stuff to cover.
    Sorry for being off topic, but just curious what type of drone you got?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    Sorry for being off topic, but just curious what type of drone you got?
    DJI Mavic Pro.

Tiny, fast, 4 mile range and 4K video.

19. Default Re: Steelyard

DJI Mavic Pro.

Tiny, fast, 4 mile range and 4K video.
    Nice! The Mavic is a pretty amazing piece of technology. Maybe I'll get a chance to upgrade once the next version comes out and those are discounted. The limited range on the DJI Phantom standard models is a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    Nice! The Mavic is a pretty amazing piece of technology. Maybe I'll get a chance to upgrade once the next version comes out and those are discounted. The limited range on the DJI Phantom standard models is a killer.
    The small size and ability to fold it up is far more useful than I would have thought.

I want to have it with me as much as possible so very easy to put in my glovebox and then transfer to a backpack or messenger bag.

And frankly, given the places I have been filming at night and the attention a drone draws, I like to be able to quickly fold it up and put it away when need be... And I say this as someone who never even thinks about theft of personal safety, but I've already drawn unwanted attention that has made me uncomfortable.

Because I want to capture tons of things and timing can be everything, I really need to have it with me and thus far it's worked out great.

Pete it's hard to tell but are there still railroad tracks behind the Steelyard that continue west? Have there been any discussions on removing and utilizing that land in any sort of fashion? Makes a pretty unnecessary divide between Bricktown and the Deep Deuce.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheNorth View Post
    Pete it's hard to tell but are there still railroad tracks behind the Steelyard that continue west? Have there been any discussions on removing and utilizing that land in any sort of fashion? Makes a pretty unnecessary divide between Bricktown and the Deep Deuce.
    Those tracks are no longer functional but have been included in several studies that show the right of way would be needed for future commuter rail.

Pardon my ignorance on this, but once this is completed, aren't there supposed to be more apartments built to the east in the area currently being used for construction?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance on this, but once this is completed, aren't there supposed to be more apartments built to the east in the area currently being used for construction?
    Yes, there is a planned Phase II on that lot to the east and would be 100 more units.

However, Brooks told me that that may not happen any time soon. I suppose much hinges on leasing activity.

Those tracks are no longer functional but have been included in several studies that show the right of way would be needed for future commuter rail.
    To expand upon that: Tracks are still in place (though deteriorated) and the corridor (to the best of my knowledge) is still owned by Union Pacific, but Union Pacific filed a legal notice several years ago to discontinue service over the line. This basically means that UP still lays claim to the right of way and tracks, but they aren't going to run trains over them and won't pay to maintain the tracks. The only part of this corridor that is currently active goes from a point just west of the crossing on Lincoln Blvd, east about a quarter mile to UP's Harter Yard. In September of 2015, the City of OKC authorized funding to study what it would cost to rehabilitate this track to enable commuter/passenger rail between Santa Fe Station and communities to our northeast; as I understand it, however, to date this study hasn't even started. This corridor is extremely important to getting passenger trains from the east up to the Santa Fe Station platforms and I know the City knows this - so I would not expect to see development happen here unless they figure out a different way to get these trains up to the station.

Thread Information