Widgets Magazine
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1260

Thread: Steelyard

Default Re: Steelyard

Metal framing in the retail space now:

My math was off in my previous comment about how much the West Village project would impact the overall downtown housing market.

Our updated summary now shows 5,221 units built, under construction or proposed.

The 345 units at West Village (previously the Residences at 21c) would represent about 6.6% of that number.

View of the painted garage

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7789.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	13621

I'm excited about this project. I think it's going to look great. I want them to hurry and be done.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I'm excited about this project. I think it's going to look great. I want them to hurry and be done.
    I bet they open the western section first while they continue to finish the units on the east side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I bet they open the western section first while they continue to finish the units on the east side.
    I assume it's too early, especially with the time it took Gary Brooks and team to lease the retail space at The Edge, but are there any rumors regarding what will fill the retail space at Steelyard? While there are bars/restaurants close by and the new hotels will provide some options, I would love to see a bar or restaurant or two go in there. Would be a selling point for future tenants (except those that live immediately above said bar or restaurant) and would be great for concert-goers at the Criterion.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    I assume it's too early, especially with the time it took Gary Brooks and team to lease the retail space at The Edge, but are there any rumors regarding what will fill the retail space at Steelyard? While there are bars/restaurants close by and the new hotels will provide some options, I would love to see a bar or restaurant or two go in there. Would be a selling point for future tenants (except those that live immediately above said bar or restaurant) and would be great for concert-goers at the Criterion.
    Steve and the Brooks squad have hinted that some of what is gonna go into that space is very exciting but they don't want to say anything till it's 110% confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Steve and the Brooks squad have hinted that some of what is gonna go into that space is very exciting but they don't want to say anything till it's 110% confirmed.
    Finally a Hard Rock Cafe! Fingers crossed!

Panera Bread! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Finally a Hard Rock Cafe! Fingers crossed!
    That'd be awesome if it were 1987.

11. Default Re: Steelyard

Same exact thing that ran through my head when I read this, except I think it was 1989 for me! LOL

Fine, fine. Bubba Gump's it is! Woot!

Schlotzskys...yeah BUDDY!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Schlotzskys...yeah BUDDY!
    definitely some kind of sandwich shop!

We really need a Big Ed's downtown.

This would be a good location for a Shake Shack. It fits where they usually are.

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    We really need a Big Ed's downtown.

Are there any of those around any more? I know there were 4-5 at one time but I don't think I have seen one since?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Are there any of those around any more? I know there were 4-5 at one time but I don't think I have seen one since?
    there's one left at nw 122nd & penn...

Learned today that the first units at Steelyard -- those in the western part of the development -- should be ready for occupancy this summer and that all units should be complete by November.

Have a "now leasing" sign on the garage:

That's some impressive street frontage that this city needs more of. Pete, I think I might have asked previously, but are there any plans for planting or working on a nice canopy of trees along this street, similar to what the Deep Deuce has along NE 2nd? It really helps have a more "comfortable" feel as you walk around an area.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheNorth View Post
    That's some impressive street frontage that this city needs more of. Pete, I think I might have asked previously, but are there any plans for planting or working on a nice canopy of trees along this street, similar to what the Deep Deuce has along NE 2nd? It really helps have a more "comfortable" feel as you walk around an area.
    I believe (if my memory is correct) all new construction will be up to P180 standards.

Pete, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sure the landscaping along Sheridan will be quite nice but not necessarily up to P180 standards.

For example, the frontage along the Criterion is just concrete with some painted concrete and a few trees. No pavers, benches, etc.

It's really up to the developers to go above and beyond what is required by building code.

Thread Information