Widgets Magazine
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelyard

Default Re: Steelyard

He might be seeing the Criterion Theater, which steel IS going up for.

Blog Entries

Steel looked done at criterion the other day

Is it just me, or does that seem rather ironic? "Let's call it the steelyard! But, uh, we're just gonna build it out of wood."

All giggles aside, I can't wait to see these buildings begin to rise up out of the dirt. It will be awesome to watch this area transform.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    He might be seeing the Criterion Theater, which steel IS going up for.
    Ah, that might be it. I just know that I saw steel going up in that general vasectomy. But I was looking from 235 so I may've been a bit off on the location.

5. Default Re: Steelyard

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Ah, that might be it. I just know that I saw steel going up in that general vasectomy. But I was looking from 235 so I may've been a bit off on the location.
    Ummm....

6. Default Re: Steelyard

Steelyard refers to WH Stewart Co., a steel/metal fabrication company that stood in this location for close to a century.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Ummm....
    apparently activity around steelyard and criterion is cutting off the flow of traffic along sheridan. -M

Blog Entries

I see what you did there...hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    apparently activity around steelyard and criterion is cutting off the flow of traffic along sheridan. -M
    Take a bow!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I would assume that's to keep the issues from multiplying during construction over the next nine months.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Steelyard refers to WH Stewart Co., a steel/metal fabrication company that stood in this location for close to a century.
    Yes, I know. I was merely being silly.

Well we couldn't very well call it The Woodyard.

Also, drove by today and I do believe what I was seeing was for Criterion.

From today:

14. Default Re: Steelyard

LOL I'll bet if he had it to do all over again Gary wouldn't have signed up for The Project With No End In Sight. That said, it is critically important, and when they are done with it those guys will have accomplished something really special (and hopefully will benefit enough financially to make it worth doing). That project has been an absolute bear.

Brooks is going to create one of the strongest senses of place in Oklahoma, which alone will bode well for meeting his proforma targets. Providing a huge number of residential units in Bricktown, which has never seen large scale rooftop development, was always going to be tough. Plus I think Brooks cares about his legacy, so this is the project for him.

We need to do more to celebrate the developers who do the right thing, and we especially need to stop celebrating developers who just produce the same thing over and over. Steelyard is distinctive and different.

16. Default Re: Steelyard

What was mostly tough was the land underneath, which was absolutely rotten, in a literal sense. Perhaps the worst brownfield anywhere in the central city, with tons of abandoned infrastructure to boot. Everything that happened below the soil on this project was nothing less than heroic. Once it gets above ground (which is essentially happening right now), it is going to be cake compared to what came before it. Should be exciting to watch it come together, and I agree, it is going to provide a really nice sense of place where one has never existed.

When you walk the street between the Steelyard, the hotel and the Criterion, it's very exciting to visualize all that completed and teeming with people and activity.

What's unique here is how all this is going to come together in a very short period of time and thus make dramatic change quite quickly.

Will be really fun to see all these projects opening up, one right after the other.

And a shoutout is earned for the evil, tyrannical, borderline Nazi Obama Administration, for their federal brown fields grant, for making this endeavor remotely feasible.

I.. Wha? I'm having an "if it weren't for my horse" moment...

https://youtu.be/sJ0s0KUUpxo

20. Default Re: Steelyard

C'mon Guru. Brownfield redevelopment policy was introduced under Clinton and consistently supported and expanded under WJC, GWB and BHO. There is no reason to try to turn this discussion into a political one.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    And a shoutout is earned for the evil, tyrannical, borderline Nazi Obama Administration, for their federal brown fields grant, for making this endeavor remotely feasible.
    Gross.

Brownfields grants come from the EPA. It is both a program and a department that most Oklahomans want eliminated, so it does seem relevant to point out that OKC can occasionally benefit from federal resources and expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    Gross.
    You may have missed my sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Brownfields grants come from the EPA. It is both a program and a department that most Oklahomans want eliminated, so it does seem relevant to point out that OKC can occasionally benefit from federal resources and expertise.
    Lol. I would bet every possession I have on this earth most Oklahomans have no idea what a brown field grant is much less want then eminated. Making broad statements like this contributes to hyper partisanship and gridlock.

Thread Information