Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Packard Building

Default Re: The Packard

Urban Pioneer sent this a couple of days ago and I'm just now getting around to posting it:

2. Default Re: The Packard

I used to have a great enameled steel Packard sign I kept in my office when I was at AAMSP. Makes me really happy to see that sign on that building. IIRC, that was not the only building that housed a Packard Dealership in the district. I used to have most of that info at my fingertips or committed to memory...

Default Re: Packard, The

Blue Knight Neon sign going up along 10th. I love neon

You can see the wiring for the Cline Neon sign on the far right of the picture as well as the silver Blue Knight sign going in on the packard. When I went in for the close up, my camera died.

Thanks! Maybe I can get some better photos tomorrow.

That area is a fantastic little cluster of cool, very well-renovated buildings.

wschnitt, no close up needed - that is a beautiful photo you took, well framed. I love these emerging beautified corridors we have, 10th is definitely one. Why can't we see more potential like this elsewhere?

I think we are starting to see more:

Hudson and 4th-6th
    Film Row

I would say that Robinson from river all the way to NW 13th is going to be shocking (in a good way) to many people in as few as 5 years. But no transformation has been as dramatic, perhaps, as North Broadway say - since 2000.

9. Default Re: Packard, The

You should have seen it in 1996.

Some photos from two days ago.

Default Re: The Packard

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Interurban restaurants is planning an upscale concept in the Packard building. Not sure how much space it will take up though.
    Building permit today by Interurban Management for 3,948 square feet in the Packard Building.

Yet another awesome addition to this enclave of beautifully restored buildings.

My husband and I have counted 20+ restaurants within 4 blocks of our office at 9th and Robinson. (Not one BBQ restaurant btw). I am not complaining because I love having so many options. But I am wondering where the saturation point is for restaurants and when we can see some other kind of local retail and what that retail might look like.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    But I am wondering where the saturation point is for restaurants and when we can see some other kind of local retail and what that retail might look like.
    +1

Remember, there is a Wine & Palette location going into the Packard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    My husband and I have counted 20+ restaurants within 4 blocks of our office at 9th and Robinson. (Not one BBQ restaurant btw). I am not complaining because I love having so many options. But I am wondering where the saturation point is for restaurants and when we can see some other kind of local retail and what that retail might look like.
    The vast majority of those restaurants are "destination" places that probably get the majority of their business from suburbanites. If you had 20 restaurants together that consisted of Applebees and Olive Garden-type places it wouldn't be sustainable. There's nothing special about those places to convince people from Shawnee and Yukon to drive 20-30 miles for a "night on the town". On the flip side, you won't find a Ludivine-type concept in those places either.

I don't think we are near the point of saturation yet, provided that restauranteurs can keep coming up with unique and high-quality concepts. In the future you will see more neighborhood type places (i.e. Louies) when there is more people living in downtown/midtown.

Def agree with the BBQ thing. I am still upset about the departure of Leo's from their Harrison Ave location. Why o why couldn't they pay their taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Remember, there is a Wine & Palette location going into the Packard as well.
    I think that's a different niche that may not compete with restaurants as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I think that's a different niche that may not compete with restaurants as much.
    Yes, I mentioned it because it isn't a restaurant.

Here are some cool photos of the Packard.

The first is a before and after, the next three are of the rooftop deck that faces 10th and the last three are of the Blue Knight Energy space.

I will be attending a party on the Packard rooftop Saturday night. I will snap some shots of the rooftop and the views you get at night.

Building permit today for the Interurban concept in this building, to be called Packards New American Kitchen

They'll be taking 3,948 square feet.

HangryHippo Guest

****ty name. Possibly serious sandwiches?

The previous rumors have been that this will be an upscale concept from the Interurban.

HangryHippo Guest

I'm sure it will be nice, I just don't understand lengthy restaurant names... Oh well, yay for new stuff!

I bet it will be branded simply as "Packards".

PackNAK...kinda like Picknick...

Good thing I'm not in marketing...

Thread Information