Thread: Twelve Twelve

Midtown Twelve Twelve

NW 12th and Walker
    owner=Midtown Renaissance
    cost=$3,000,000
    architect=TAP Architecture
    24 residential units, street-level retail

Information & Latest News

5/19/11: $3,000,000 building permit issued to TAP Architecture to remodel the 4-story building at 1212 N. Walker creating 24 apartments and ground floor retail.
    Links

County Assessor Site
    Project Website
    Tenants

Waffle Champion
    Dry / Shop
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	920174_472854589449336_589737365_o.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	5449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twelvetwelvec.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	5450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waffle1212a.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	5451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1212nwalker.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	5608   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1212walker1119.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	5609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121211314a.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	6086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1212walker2.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	1431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1212walker4.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	426.5 KB 
ID:	1442  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1212walker3.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	1441  
    Last edited by Pete; 03-19-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    $3,000,000 building permit issued today to TAP Architecture for a 4-story building at 1212 N. Walker:

http://midtownr.com/ViewProperty.aspx?id=10

Maybe it's just the rendering, which is small in my browser, but 1212 seems incredibly unattractive to me. Am I being too harsh?

Glad to see it going forward, probably will be done early next year. When you consider potential store fronts with this added onto the Walker restaurant row, I don't know how OCURA could pass up a proposal for the Mercy site that adds more retail, such as Ellard's or Wiggin's.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Maybe it's just the rendering, which is small in my browser, but 1212 seems incredibly unattractive to me. Am I being too harsh?
    Well it's ugly to start with. I would say it's an improvement

I think it looks sharp.

The existing building can be see here just to the left of the Osler:

That buiilding is not attractive to begin with... I'm actually really happy with the renderings and the plan. I can't wait for this building and the Osler to both have occupants. It will really help give the Midtown area some vibrancy...

I love it! Great mixed use that is needed!

I don't think it's ugly at all. I love the glass balconies.

this will be a great great project

It's not attractive now... and it's okay in the end... but what more can you REALLY do with that building as far as looks? I'm just happy with the fact that it's being re-used... I'm totally against tearing more buildings down in the central OKC but had it up and disappeared one night who would have even noticed... especially when your attention is drawn to the Osler or to begin with.

And on a side note regarding the 39th street bar district... regardless of what orientation the folks going to those establishments... that is THE original alignment of Route 66 and several of the buildings there need historic designations. I know OKC would never move forward any decorative streetscaping for the gays... but the structures are worth while... Phoenix Rising bar (south side of road two story) for example was an early Route 66 hotel... hell... even the Habana Inn is relevant as a cool period 66 hotel and should be 'saved' (lol)

11. Default Re: Midtown

This is an extremely exciting project. I am glad to see 1212 is finally going forward. Mid-town is definitely becoming for real. Would be an awesome neighborhood for another investor to join forces, if someone were looking for an opportunity.

There was an alternative rendering for this project that came out of London, but it's interesting to see them sticking with the original concept. I like it, but I can see where others don't. Hard to argue that it isn't a huge improvement, though. I think though that over time, as the Osler gets a facelift next, that this design will prove to be a good one because it's more modern and lighter--it suits the site because the Osler has a very 'heavy' feel.

13. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Here's a larger view from the PDF file ... click on the image (which is cropped) for a larger and uncropped view

I think it looks very cool.

14. Default Re: Midtown

The drawings furnished by Archetech2010 show balconies on both the east and west sides and I was curious about the views looking east and west, respectively. It looks as though the westbound view is nicer. Also, note the proximity to the Oklahoma Heritage Center in the upper left corner of the image, and, of course, lots of restaurants and developing shops nearby. Very nice location.

Archetect2010, do you have better resolutions of the drawings you posted, or can you point me to where to find them?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Here's a larger view from the PDF file ... click on the image (which is cropped) for a larger and uncropped view

I agree. I think the contrast works very well with the Osler.

16. Default Re: Midtown

Anything is better than the eyesore that is there now. It doesn't appeal to me, but I'm sure the few units that will be there will fill up.

Yes, especially because they will be affordable rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post

I agree. Actually seeing the detail wildly changed my perception for the better.

What I like is that they seem to have designed the balconies and outside space to be added onto the existing facade, which is not inexpensive and makes the appearance and the use of the space far more interesting

Personally, I wouldn't consider an apartment unless it had at least a small amount of outdoor space, where you could open a door, step outside and smell the fresh air. I'm sure many others feel the same, so good for them for not cheaping out.

TAP is the architectural firm and they always do great work.

I love the look of a glass balcony. The location is great and it will be right on the streetcar line. Sounds like a winner to me.

I'm a big fan of that whole area, and any new redevelopment there is good especially residential. The Mercy development will have a huge effect on future developments in the NW 11 & Walker corner of Midtown.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I'm a big fan of that whole area, and any new redevelopment there is good especially residential. The Mercy development will have a huge effect on future developments in the NW 11 & Walker corner of Midtown.
    Not to mention hopefully keeping future in business...

work on 1212 north walker is moving along pretty fast .. they have the the building gutted down to concrete and i would guess that they will start the new buildout pretty soon ..

also of note is that they have now laid the new patio and sidewalk for Louie's Midtown and will have the new fence and tables out in the next week or so

Is 1212 going to be rental property or condos? Anyone know yet?

1212 will be rental based on previous reports.

Thread Information