Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Abandoned area between the new and old Interstate 40 (Reno to SW 7th St)

Default Re: Abandoned area between the new and old Interstate 40 (Reno to SW 7th St)

If that's sincere, it goes to show that "sitting down and going through reasoning and positive messages" is far more effective than "just resorting to petty insults and assuming neither side will budge" that are all too tempting for some of us sometimes.

Default Re: Abandoned area between the new and old Interstate 40 (Reno to SW 7th St)

That is why I do not post on here as often.. There is way to much insulting from a choice few to make this an enjoyable forum..

Spartan, it was sincere

Spartan: great pics, some of those transformations are rather dramatic to say the least...although I couldn't help but notice the extreme color correcting going on in the "after" canal pic...all of that blue, while it looks nice, it doesn't match reality anytime I have been down there...LOL

Blog Entries

I think the elimination of the elevated highway/dividing line will bring a whole new perspective to the area and an appreciation for what kind of neighborhood might be created. I think this is part of what Core to Shore can bring...an increased awareness and value to the area, making rehabs more economically possible.

I went back there tonight. I wish some of the old core2shore park buildings could be moved. Like the Film exchange building be moved to the film exchange district. More specifically move the facade. That has to be possible, cut it off and put in on a new building.

I think it's likelier that the Film Exchange bldg could be gutted, opened up, and the main facade preserved..making a sort of park pavilion out of it. Kind of like what SandRidge is doing to the east side of the Braniff Bldg.

SW 3rd needs to be preserved as a historic overlay almost in its entirety (west of Walker).

Thread Information