Widgets Magazine
Page 119 of 259 FirstFirst ... 1969114115116117118119120121122123124169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 6466

Thread: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

1. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    I didn't see your post since I was typing up my reply to Pete... but yeah, we've done all the math. As retired folk, they get a really good break on the taxes. The homes they are looking at have normal tax bills of something like $8,000 to $12,000 a year depending on which house they go with... the break they get will bring them down to something like $5,000 to $8,000.

Here in Oklahoma, the taxes for the same range of house is about the same as the reduced amount for them in Texas... maybe a little bit lower. But, here in OK only my Mom's retirement is exempt from state income tax, but all of my Dad's is still subject to the taxes. So, all in all, it comes out about the same either way for their particular situation.

And, my Dad's brother lives in Tyler in a very similar sized home with pretty much the same things that my parents house will have. My folks think it's okay out there, but they really prefer the Woodlands/Conroe area more and even if it is going to cost them a tad more, they are okay with that.
    The Woodlands/Conroe area housing costs aren't going to stay at these levels for long. Exxon is building a major corporate campus near the Hardy toll road split. The campus will house 12,000 of its employees, some of which are being relocated to the area from other parts of the country. Include the general rapid growth Texas normally experiences, and the congestion is going to get bad. It already is unbearable.

If your parents are willing to deal with that, more power to them. Please note that in 5-10 years, their property taxes will increase to the point where they will be protesting their property taxes on an annual basis.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

2. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    It did sound a little defensive, however, Houston or Texas for that matter is in no way jealous of Oklahoma City. Living in Dallas, my friends poke fun of me and say how could I have ever lived in a State like Oklahoma. To them, Oklahoma is a vast wasteland full of people who feel of the turnip truck.
    Exactly what turns me off about Texas. It is filled with the stench of elitism. However, there are people in Houston who do long for the different QOL Oklahoma City offers. I can say for a matter of fact that in Houston, it is not about jealousy. They can't seem to digest the reverse migration of some jobs to Oklahoma. They get the dear in the headlights look.

I wish Oklahoma could emulate Texas in luring big companies and making the State more wealthy and diverse.
    We are trying, and it would be much easier for us to succeed if some media outlets in other parts of the country will stop characterizing Oklahoma as the inexperienced junior college grad. Thankfully, there are media outlets that are taking notice and doing there homework. To them, let me quote Sam Kenison in 'Back to School' when he harshly asked Rodney Dangerfield about how President Truman handled the communist movement in China...

"Good answer. Good answer. I like the way you think. I'll be keeping my eye on you."

3. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here is more from today's chat with Steve.

He seems to think an announcement is imminent for the Stage Center site:
    This is good news! I will be keeping a close eye on The Oklahoman. Need to renew my subscription.

Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Reading all this stuff & realizing just how close we may be, it makes me excited! I love the momentum in this city.

I noticed the 1,000 residential unit question appeared in the "Mystery Tower" section of Steve's recap of today's chat. Hmmm.

Steve Lackmeyer: Announcement of new downtown OKC tower may come in the next 30 days | News OK

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I noticed the 1,000 residential unit question appeared in the "Mystery Tower" section of Steve's recap of today's chat. Hmmm.

Steve Lackmeyer: Announcement of new downtown OKC tower may come in the next 30 days | News OK
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the Stage Center site will have two towers on it, one office tower and one residential, or just one huge tower with both!

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the Stage Center site will have two towers on it, one office tower and one residential, or just one huge tower with both!
    If they buy the whole area from Reno to Sheridan there is enough room to get far more than 2 towers. The Stage Center block alone could easily fit 4 to 6 residential towers. Residential towers don't have near the footprint of an office tower.

I think it'll be the international corporate relocation that was anticipated in 2012. It could be a complex only second to Devon. Hopefully we'll find out within the next 29 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I think it'll be the international corporate relocation that was anticipated in 2012. It could be a complex only second to Devon. Hopefully we'll find out within the next 29 days.
    That's positive thinking. I like it!

10. Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

I agree, that site would be quite attractive to a large Int'l Corp HQ but I say make it a supertall!

I do want to say; after reading the first few posts from Steve's OKC Central posting, Im beginning to believe it is OG&E that is the buyer/developer in play for Stage Center. Look at the third, fourth, and fifth postings:

* an announcement will be made when it is ready for Prime Time,
    * Mystery Tower to be corp HQ -OR- corp HQ + residential? an announcement to be made in Prime Time,
    * Is OG&E consolidating, could it be Stage Center? when I have something ready for Prime Time, I PROMISE I'll do so
    * Negotiations under way with a single party
    * * Perhaps MORE than one Mystery Tower, sites

Anyway, it is fun to speculate nonetheless! and I totally agree that this is great for OKC's renaissance momentum.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I agree, that site would be quite attractive to a large Int'l Corp HQ but I say make it a supertall!

I do want to say; after reading the first few posts from Steve's OKC Central posting, Im beginning to believe it is OG&E that is the buyer/developer in play for Stage Center. Look at the third, fourth, and fifth postings:

* an announcement will be made when it is ready for Prime Time,
    * Mystery Tower to be corp HQ -OR- corp HQ + residential? an announcement to be made in Prime Time,
    * Is OG&E consolidating, could it be Stage Center? when I have something ready for Prime Time, I PROMISE I'll do so
    * Negotiations under way with a single party
    * * Perhaps MORE than one Mystery Tower, sites

Anyway, it is fun to speculate nonetheless! and I totally agree that this is great for OKC's renaissance momentum.
    Steve said it was someone other than OG&E -- & Continental -- that is planning to build on the Stage Center site if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If negotiations are underway for the entire block, perhaps this is why everything has been "complex", to use Steve's term.

If discussions are underway to use the entire block, then we're looking at a massive investment. Steve still referred to it as a "tower", otherwise I would think a company might consider a series of smaller buildings. Stage Center is on a huge piece of land, you could put three or four Devon towers there (though not the accompanying buildings) without problem. So... we're looking at at least one tower, with probably a parking structure and smaller amenities buildings, I would say. The idea that they were considering purchasing all the way down to Reno indicates that there are many buildings in the plan.

We'd have to look at a significant corporate relocation to need that much space, I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    If discussions are underway to use the entire block, then we're looking at a massive investment. Steve still referred to it as a "tower", otherwise I would think a company might consider a series of smaller buildings. Stage Center is on a huge piece of land, you could put three or four Devon towers there (though not the accompanying buildings) without problem. So... we're looking at at least one tower, with probably a parking structure and smaller amenities buildings, I would say. The idea that they were considering purchasing all the way down to Reno indicates that there are many buildings in the plan.

We'd have to look at a significant corporate relocation to need that much space, I would say.
    The only company that hasn't been said in a while is Midfirst Bank/Midland Mortgage. They have the money and the people to build a massive tower.....

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post

When Steve said "mystery towers" a bet a lot of us took it to mean "mystery sites" as well, but maybe he meant multiple towers on one site. They could easily build towers for OG&E, Continental, Mid-First, Relocation, and a Spec tower - and have room for 2 or 3 residetial/hotel towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    When Steve said "mystery towers" a bet a lot of us took it to mean "mystery sites" as well, but maybe he meant multiple towers on one site. They could easily build towers for OG&E, Continental, Mid-First, Relocation, and a Spec tower - and have room for 2 or 3 residetial/hotel towers.
    Doubt it. I don't think anyone would ever build with that much density in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Doubt it. I don't think anyone would ever build with that much density in OKC.
    At least not now, but they did at one time. Could - should - would. All different.

18. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    The only company that hasn't been said in a while is Midfirst Bank/Midland Mortgage. They have the money and the people to build a massive tower.....
    Unfortunately, it is not going to be Midfirst. I've heard they are in the process of buying 3-5 buildings from CHK(not on the campus). They are busting at the seams in their Grand Blvd location, but this purchase should alleviate that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Unfortunately, it is not going to be Midfirst. I've heard they are in the process of buying 3-5 buildings from CHK(not on the campus). They are busting at the seams in their Grand Blvd location, but this purchase should alleviate that problem.
    They are also renovating the operations center at Hefner and Rockwell...We can pretty much rule them out

Yeah, a Midfirst tower went out the widow when CHK pretty much went bust. There's a lot of CHK carcass's for Midfirst to feast on and there maybe more in the future.

I am hoping it is a major out of state relocation! OKC can use another Fortune 500 company headquartered in the CBD. OKC needs new blood and new companies along with new forward thinking residents. To me, this will add wealth to the city with HQ's firmly planted and more philanthrophic money flowing into the city! Lets hope this is the case.

22. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

To me, this will add wealth to the city with HQ's firmly planted and more philanthrophic money flowing into the city! Lets hope this is the case.
    The more corporate sponsors for the Thunder, the better!

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Yes, with Chesapeake opening almost 700,000 square feet of new office space this year (Building 14 just opened, Building 15 is close, as is Building #1, the RTC Lab, the new Data Center and Central Plant plus two huge parking garages) I've speculated for a while that they would like sell off the former Grand Park buildings along I-44 and next to Midland/Midfirst.

CHK is selling off assets, laying off employees and contractors and will almost double the amount of square footage on their campus. Makes sense they would start consolidating back from the Grand Park sites, as they are somewhat separate from the main campus.

They have already sold Caliber Center and the Harvey Parkway and sold the business that occupies the two Central Park buildings.

So, not only is CHK no longer a buyer for the MidFirst properties adjoining their campus, their buyer/seller roles have completely reversed. And that means MidFirst is not a good candidate to be moving downtown.

HangryHippo Guest

That really sucks. I always thought MidFirst Bank would be a nice addition to the downtown rolls, and I really think Jeff Records messed up by not taking what CHK offered. No matter now though, I hope they continue to grow and do well.

Heck, why not think bigger, how about the 1st intergalactic corporate relocation!

Thread Information