Widgets Magazine
Page 135 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3585130131132133134135136137138139140185235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 6466

Thread: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Ah, my mistake. I thought OGE staff moved to Leadership Square and Enogex took over the 50th building.
    OGE has some space at Leadership Square, but still resides mainly in the OGE building downtown. Enogex moved all of its staff from Central Park to Leadership Square about this time last year. The Central Park buildings at 50th and Lincoln were sold to Chesapeake, and are now occupied by Access Midstream, the former Chesapeake MLP.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    So does this company replace enogex or is it just a branch of enogex that will basically expand??
    According to the investor presentation yesterday, the new MLP will combine all of CenterPoint's midstream assets with Enogex's assets in a new, single entity.

I think it's going to go kinda like this.

Enogex disappears (as in new name as the MLP) and CenterPoint's midstream employees are sent/recruited to OKC as the new name of the MLP with Enogex's existing employees.

End result is massive amounts of employees for one new entity and thus they will need a new building for consolidation. This means Stage Center.

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I figured I owed it to you all after 139 pages on a thread I started. Good read. Interesting scenarios. Keep it up. I read it everyday.

Pic of Frankfurt skyline:

The tower in the center of the photo -- how about something like that for ours? Would work well with Devon Tower, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by coov23 View Post
    I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I figured I owed it to you all after 139 pages on a thread I started. Good read. Interesting scenarios. Keep it up. I read it everyday.
    Hey! Glad you said hi. I suspect, and Pete probably has stats on this, that there are a lot of lurkers who don't post, but read regularly. Welcome.

7. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Pic of Frankfurt skyline:

The tower in the center of the photo -- how about something like that for ours? Would work well with Devon Tower, methinks.

8. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

9. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Frankfurt does have a nice skyline.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/frawolf77/8144246484/

Something like the BOA Center tower in Charlotte would be awesome! It's my second favorite skyscraper right behind Devon!

11. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

I like a pointed skyscraper but I want to see something as unique as possible.

Can't get much more pointed than this

lol

Quote Originally Posted by coov23 View Post
    If you look at the stats on the entire forum page, it lists the views of each thread. More than it being 139 pages long is that it's closing in on a quarter million views!

14. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

I actually like Turbonomic Tower but most here seem to hate it.

HangryHippo Guest

I agree with you, Sid

Although I drop in from time to time (mostly to check if there is any REAL news), I've avoided posting in this thread - because quite frankly it's all a little ridiculous. But I do really like that second Frankfurt tower. If there is to be a tower, I like the idea of something that blends our traditional skyline with the jarring majesty of the Devon Tower. Ideally, the best looking tower would be something - say - halfway between the height of Devon and Chase with glass and traditional elements.

I'm sure Steve L just laughs and hangs his head at everything written over lo these many pages. I'd still rather see ten five story buildings spread across MidTown in infill lots than any kind of tower but I suppose we'll all see whatever we shall see soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    Although I drop in from time to time (mostly to check if there is any REAL news), I've avoided posting in this thread - because quite frankly it's all a little ridiculous. But I do really like that second Frankfurt tower. If there is to be a tower, I like the idea of something that blends our traditional skyline with the jarring majesty of the Devon Tower. Ideally, the best looking tower would be something - say - halfway between the height of Devon and Chase with glass and traditional elements.

I'm sure Steve L just laughs and hangs his head at everything written over lo these many pages. I'd still rather see ten five story buildings spread across MidTown in infill lots than any kind of tower but I suppose we'll all see whatever we shall see soon enough!
    I want 5 more towers started/finished within the next 5 years. Height needs to be between Chase and Devon or all taller than Devon. Don"t need and any shorter than Chase till after these next 5 are built.

As long as we're at it, how about WANTING 5 towers to be started in calendar year 2013 - to hell with waiting 5 years! LOL. Not meaning to be flippant. I realize this thread is 90% about dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by okcrt View Post
    i want 5 more towers started/finished within the next 5 years. Height needs to be between chase and devon or all taller than devon. don"t need and any shorter than chase till after these next 5 are built.
    yes!!!!!!!!

Although I drop in from time to time (mostly to check if there is any REAL news), I've avoided posting in this thread - because quite frankly it's all a little ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I want 5 more towers started/finished within the next 5 years. Height needs to be between Chase and Devon or all taller than Devon. Don"t need and any shorter than Chase till after these next 5 are built.
    A little ridiculous... On cue.

I agree. I hope its something that compliments the existing skyline well, and bridges the gap between the Chase tower and the Devon tower.

22. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Winner, hands down.

Unfortunately, towers don't get built just because we 'want' them. Things are looking good that one is going to be built soon, but 5 towers over 500 ft within 5 years is pushing it a little. OKC would have to become a serious boom town ala Charlotte, Miami, or Las Vegas in the 2000s and I just don't see that happening.

24. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Unfortunately, towers don't get built just because we 'want' them. Things are looking good that one is going to be built soon, but 5 towers over 500 ft within 5 years is pushing it a little. OKC would have to become a serious boom town ala Charlotte, Miami, or Las Vegas in the 2000s and I just don't see that happening.
    So, why did you reply seriously to those posts?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Pushing it.....LOL

Pretty much no chance of happening. 10 years if we're lucky.

Thread Information