Widgets Magazine
Page 243 of 259 FirstFirst ... 143193238239240241242243244245246247248 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 6466

Thread: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Lackmeyer taking shots at Pete and OKCTalk on Twitter just now -- I wasn't able to screencap it before he deleted his tweet but it said something to the effect that posters on OKCTalk are constantly negative and uninformed.

Basically went something like this (paraphrasing):

@sportstoons crazy questions today @stevelackmeyer (referring to weekly chat)

Reply from @stevelackmeyer
    It's crazy to think how people take the posts of constantly negative, uninformed people and treat them as the word of God.

---------

Keep it classy Steve.
    Hey, Bchris has been banned for 30 days....

More shots fired!

I understand some people make mistakes and say things they don't mean, but I've just about lost all of my respect for Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    In Steve's defense he got some ridiculously negative and stupid questions today. Particularly "Rand"
    I thought they have the option of choosing which questions they answered.

Blog Entries

Leave that mess alone, that's women's talk...

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

In fairness, it's not like he isn't at least a little right. Bchris wasn't exactly the only poster here who was negative with zero proof, he was just the loudest and most consistent in his negativity.

Well, what was the most inaccurate was saying the site is uninformed.

The people who visit this site regularly are more informed on a broader sense of issues, and likely in greater detail than the casual reader of his blogs or the newspaper. And the information Pete delivers via his sources are definitely not uninformed.

I'll take a little bit of negativity as a trade off as a resource for a huge network of detailed and mostly accurate information.

Even then, there isn't a ton of negativity here. Especially now.

I'm not sure how he determines how a 'guest' on his chat is a confirmed poster or reader on OKCtalk ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I'm not sure how he determines how a 'guest' on his chat is a confirmed poster or reader on OKCtalk ?
    I think the assumption is that negative + uninformed information starts somewhere on a non-NewsOK website, I guess, because of that website?

It doesn't particularly make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    From the elephant's point of view.
    Wow. Malee is growing up so fast! She knows how to work a camera!

12. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

"Hmm... the Mystery Tower thread got bumped up. I better check it out."

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM2 View Post
    I cannot believe Lackmeyer would be so honest about newsok.com! Good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    Well played, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Even then, there isn't a ton of negativity here. Especially now.
    I haven't been on here as frequently as I used to, but I must say it is nice coming on here with no mention of how ugly OKC is (America's largest truck stop!), what OKC is "lacking" in, or some circlejerk on the qualities of Charlotte/Dallas/Little Rock, etc. Kind of like a breath of fresh air.

MFracas84 Guest

David is right. I have been guilty of it myself. In all honesty, we in OKC have a lot to be thankful for.

ADaniel...you're right, the lack of knee-jerk, relentless negativity is a breath of fresh air.

The next way to clear the air? How about no more "he-said, he-said, woe is me, my feelings are hurt, I'm not being acknowledged, I'm being acknowledged incorrectly..." For those of us that get on this site to learn about the goings-on in OKC, the pettiness is time consuming and pointless. It causes me to spend less time on the site, because I assume a significant portion of the conversation in the threads will be personality issues.

Now, back to the "Mystery Tower."

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    I asked him if he meant the Oklahoman's editorial page and then he deleted his tweet.

18. MAPS3 Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    This is exciting. However, driving around Oklahoma City this weekend, I was really taken aback by what I saw. This city is in great disrepair north, south, east and west. I hope we continue downtown growth, but I'd like to see divided thoroughfares, nice looking lamps in the new medians, replace old and aged signage, throw in a few fountains, so many possibilities. This city is in dire need of some TLC in the way of beautification.

I only mention it here because this city won't be worth squat if we have 30 towers downtown and everything else is rundown
    I think this should be the theme of MAPS IV - Civic beautification, along with Transit (expanded streetcar, added bus + commuter bus, express bus during rush hours, implementation of Commuter Rail and possible rapid streetcar).

Finish the sidewalks, lighting, and bus stops; build tree farms at major entrance points (perhaps with statue(s) of important figures and/or fountains serving as anchors) and line thoroughfares with trees in addition to the aforementioned sidewalks, lighting, and bus stops.

To cement civic beautification, there needs to be zoning enforcement of existing regs + changes to the civic code requiring all new development adapt to design standards that encourage a sense of place and beauty. Obviously, the design standards would be different for the inner city than for the suburban tracts and those industrial vs. residential. However, I think regardless of the type of neighbourhood or location of the thoroughfare we should expect to have a sense of place and it should look pleasing to the eye. Luckily, OKC needs/will have quite a bit of development in all sectors so we could capitalize on the new projects without requiring existing to necessarily adapt beyond their current financial position.

Pete - feel free to move this to MAPS IV thread (or start one if there isn't); but I thought it was worth writing this as an expansion to Zookeeper's thoughts and how we could 'easily' make OKC a better place beyond the mystery towers to come.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Steve's got a few Mystery towers mentioned in this article ......

What's next for downtown Oklahoma City? | News OK

'A new mid-rise tower is set to be built in the Arts District for a new OGE Energy Corp. headquarters, with the prospect of additional mid- to high-rise towers possible on the block that for four decades was home to Stage Center. New mid- to high-rise towers also are quietly being contemplated in the Central Business District, where office vacancy is scarce.'

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Wow. Malee is growing up so fast! She knows how to work a camera!
    She has doubled in size over the last couple of years!

So is OG&E not building where Stage Center is??

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    So is OG&E not building where Stage Center is??
    On the north side of the block.

I know this is for sure the wrong thread for this but I fell like more people will see it here, rather than its proper place. Enjoy!

Oklahoma City Style Guide - Most Stylish Cities in America - Esquire

Esquire Magazine? Damn, OKC is doin' it big!

Hilariously, I actually know someone who was in that photo of Ednas. And for the record, the burgers there are as gross as you would think...don't know why they would recommend that.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Esquire Magazine? Damn, OKC is doin' it big!

Hilariously, I actually know someone who was in that photo of Ednas. And for the record, the burgers there are as gross as you would think...don't know why they would recommend that.
    They recommended the burgers from Nic's, not Edna's

Thread Information