Widgets Magazine
Page 144 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4494139140141142143144145146147148149194244 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 6466

Thread: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Fortunately the street is often wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I think you'd loose if you took this bet. Why do think the newly announced MLP will not be on the SC site ?

Quote Originally Posted by modernism View Post
    That's funny !

To be resalistic, When Devon announced that they were going to build an iconic tower for their new headquarters, it took a year and a half before they broke ground, and they were well into the process before their announcement. These kind of deals, especially when a major structure, take a lot of time to put together.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    It actually could have a lot to do with it. Continental is in a precarious spot with these divorce proceedings. SandRidge and CHK's situations do have influence on whether a company would build a new building or wait it out for their space when they're sold off to the highest bidders.
    Harold Hamm is in a precarious position, not Continental. SD and CHK are far from guaranteed to be going anywhere even if sold. If someone did buy and completely move them, which given the location of the majority of their assets, I don't think will happen, it would take a while to go from deciding to move to actually doing it. If someone does move them, who is to say they would vacate all of either campus? Who is to say a purchaser would move them at all? If a company is strongly looking at or planning to move here within the next year or so, they aren't going to wait around to find out what happens. Why would a company not build a tower or find office space, just based on the slight chance that either CHK or SD is going to pack up and move? Say this company waits two years and both CHK and SD are still occupying their current locations and showing no signs of moving...that company just set itself behind 2 years in building its HQ. if a large company is that serious about moving here, they are going to base their decision on available office space, not what might be available in 2-3 years.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Harold Hamm is in a precarious position, not Continental. SD and CHK are far from guaranteed to be going anywhere even if sold. If someone did buy and completely move them, which given the location of the majority of their assets, I don't think will happen, it would take a while to go from deciding to move to actually doing it. If someone does move them, who is to say they would vacate all of either campus? Who is to say a purchaser would move them at all? If a company is strongly looking at or planning to move here within the next year or so, they aren't going to wait around to find out what happens. Why would a company not build a tower or find office space, just based on the slight chance that either CHK or SD is going to pack up and move? Say this company waits two years and both CHK and SD are still occupying their current locations and showing no signs of moving...that company just set itself behind 2 years in building its HQ. if a large company is that serious about moving here, they are going to base their decision on available office space, not what might be available in 2-3 years.
    It's clear we disagree, so I suppose we'll just wait and see what happens with all four of these situations.

I think what happened was Beffort got excited and jumped the gun, saying something too early, which got everybody talking. I think we fed into it too early, and now we have to wait. Just think of that person who just now found out the possibility a new tower could be announced in 90 days, they are probably estactic. But us followers are suffering from knowing too much too early, and we all suffer from the same curse of following downtown Oklahoma City development.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Harold Hamm is in a precarious position, not Continental.
    Not to get off topic, but that Reuters article on Continental really glossed over a lot of things and I thought it was highly premature. In a backhanded way, it inferred that Mrs. Hamm is a cold, bitter woman who is going to take her husband and the company to the cleaners and these are all the legal ways she can do it, because that's how all divorces play out right?

Very few of the facts are known. We don't even know if they had a prenup or not. And given the fact they filed for divorce twice, only for it to be pulled, whats to say this won't either? Of course, adding all of these things in that story and making it less sensationalistic would garner less reads, clicks, ratings, etc.

I'm not going to worry about them. If they have solid financial fundamentals they will be fine. Has a company worth anything close to what Continental is have to be sold or split off due to its company's CEO's divorce proceedings?

For what it's worth, I don't think the new MLP will be the tower announcement. Continental, OGE, or an out-of-state company looking to move OKC are all much more likely IMHO.

Maybe the rumored new OGE tower is the new MLP tower we are thinking of? OGE would partially own the new tower, so technically it is an OGE tower, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I agree with Modernism on this one. Just too much uncertainty floating around between Reuters' investigations into every OKC O&G company they find, the respective CEOs of CHK and SandRidge doing what they can to tank their companies, and whatever is going to happen with Hamm and Continental. I just don't think a tower is coming and this deal is done.
    Agree. I think we been had on this one.

11. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Not to get off topic, but that Reuters article on Continental really glossed over a lot of things and I thought it was highly premature. In a backhanded way, it inferred that Mrs. Hamm is a cold, bitter woman who is going to take her husband and the company to the cleaners and these are all the legal ways she can do it, because that's how all divorces play out right?

Very few of the facts are known. We don't even know if they had a prenup or not. And given the fact they filed for divorce twice, only for it to be pulled, whats to say this won't either? Of course, adding all of these things in that story and making it less sensationalistic would garner less reads, clicks, ratings, etc.

I'm not going to worry about them. If they have solid financial fundamentals they will be fine. Has a company worth anything close to what Continental is have to be sold or split off due to its company's CEO's divorce proceedings?
    For what it is worth. When it comes to divorce, Oklahoma is an equitable distribution state not equal distribution. So what it boils down to is how much growth there is beyond what he already had. Of course I am sure that is sizable.

I just look at this post by Steve and I know everything is going to be alright...

To note, Steve said up to 90 days, so it doesn't necessarily mean it will take a full 90 days, maybe just 30, who knows!

14. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

My goodness. People are reading WAY too much into Hamm's divorce. No one knows for sure what's involved in his divorce proceedings, and this isn't the first time Hamm has divorced, and Continental is still ticking. All of the speculation isn't even rational.

Reuters is definitely stirring up trouble in OKC. I am very irritated with Reuters right now. But then again, they are no different than any other national media outlet that loves dirty laundry. There are plenty of other companies they can investigate, some that are seriously corrupted.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
    My goodness. People are reading WAY too much into Hamm's divorce.
    Well, it's hard to make too much out of the division of $11 billion in assets, but no doubt a soft landing is possible. She may not get half, but she'll get some and it just depends on what she does with it. It's likely Hamm will lose majority ownership (she'd only needs to be receive a little over 20% of his holdings for that to happen), so it depends on if she cashes in on it and how and what kind of affect will that have on the executive make up of the company. But, she also might just serve on the board and all is fine, la de dah.

HangryHippo Guest

Well, it's hard to make too much out of the division of $11 billion in assets, but no doubt a soft landing is possible. She may not get half, but she'll get some and it just depends on what she does with it. It's likely Hamm will lose majority ownership (she'd only needs to be receive a little over 20% of his holdings for that to happen), so it depends on if she cashes in on it and how and what kind of affect will that have on the executive make up of the company. But, she also might just serve on the board and all is fine, la de dah.
    And which one is more likely? Exactly... Continental is in a precarious situation, as I said earlier.

Note to self...

Hmmm....the Devon Tower has roughly been done for a year, year and a half tops...all that time we were so focused on the everyday happenings of the Devon Tower that other companies had all the time and non interference/head scratching from skyscraper nuts like myself that there was plenty of time for them to work behind closed curtains. Now that OKC is without construction I'm getting ancy for a new announcement, but I should realize that these are complicated processes and take time to finalize. I shouldn't believe everything Mark Beffort says. I'm just happy if new ground is broken on a new skyscraper no later than 2015. Man, with all the MAPS3 projects and this and whatever else there may be, my city is gonna look and be grand in 2020!

It's actually about 30% of Hamm's holdings for him to lose "majority ownership". However the more I think about this, the more I think she's going to need to get close to 50% of his holdings for Hamm to lose his power. If she takes 30% of his holdings, he'd still have something like 47.5%...that's just so much power for a single entity in a public company. Just look at the largest shareholders in the link below. Combined, they account for just under 10%...Combined...

Even losing half of his shares, he will still yield more power than anyone else in the company...except his ex-wife. That will be the only way that this becomes a big ordeal. But 1. I think it's unlikely she gets half and 2. I tend to think she'll liquidate the stocks she gets, rather than trying to wield power in the board room.

Shareholder Overview for CLR Continental Resources Inc including Fund Owner Activity, Style, Equity & Debt Ownership, and Enterprise Value

This thread is officially dead...

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    This thread is officially dead...
    Wut?

Some people are super emotional about buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Some people are super emotional about buildings.
    I think it's more about the potential for OKC. Towers provide evidence of big things happening. If another major company comes downtown and CHK and SD survive it will have a major impact on the state. If three new towers get built over the next seven years that will mean thousands of new high paying jobs.

With thousands of high paying jobs in OKC more business will move to Oklahoma, we will get even more jobs (high and low paying) and new retailers will come to OKC. More entertainment venues will follow the high paying jobs. Entrepreneurs will come where big things are happening and they will create jobs too. People that make major business and political decisions will come to OKC for business reasons and they will do business with Oklahoma companies and this will create even more business opportunities. Outsiders will begin to respect OKC as a major player and we will stop being known across the country as a backwards sleepy state. We don't have a beach or mountains with ski resorts so we really need major companies that provide great jobs to raise the local profile and make our city a household name across the nation. Oklahoma City may not get another chance like this for decades. We need to get things right this time and the positive impact will last for decades. Progress happens when people have money to spend. A couple thousand jobs that pay employees $30,000 a year would be good but a couple thousand jobs that pay employees $65,000 a year will really make a major difference to OKC.

23. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

I am not worried.

Like I have been saying all along. This thread needs to r.i.p. Good Night. Thanks too every body counting their chicken before they hatch haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Like I have been saying all along. This thread needs to r.i.p. Good Night. Thanks too every body counting their chicken before they hatch haha.
    We have all been enlightened. Thank you. :P

Thread Information