Widgets Magazine
Page 133 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3383128129130131132133134135136137138183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 6466

Thread: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Judging Steve's responses this morning so far, the CemterPoint & OG&E deal will be good for OKC.

This company is smaller compared to the big dogs we are speaking of currently. But this company has said they are beginning a move to OKC from Canada.

Equal Energy Announces its Results for the Fourth Quarter and Year Ended December 31, 2012 - Yahoo! Finance

The culmination of the strategic review process also resulted in the complete exit of Equal from its Canadian operations. We are in the process of relocating our head office and transitioning management to Oklahoma City. The combined interest and general and administrative cost savings total over $7 million as a result of the debt reduction and focus of our operations in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This company is smaller compared to the big dogs we are speaking of currently. But this company has said they are beginning a move to OKC from Canada.

Equal Energy Announces its Results for the Fourth Quarter and Year Ended December 31, 2012 - Yahoo! Finance
    Always nice gaining a company.

4. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Not to be a downer, but this new company can end up in Houston, they are building spec class A office space left & right, and CenterPoint Energy is headquartered there. I guess I am trying not to get my hopes up, until official announcement is made. I hope I am wrong...
    Where? I work in downtown Houston and at this time there are not any major projects underway. They finished a class A tower two years back, and Hess recently completed their new tower, but outside of that, towers are not going up left and right.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

I'm very sure this newly-formed company will be in OKC, not Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Phi, my apologies for being snarky earlier in the thread. I'm not optimistic about the chances of this MLP locating in OKC, but you've made very sound arguments. Thanks for the insight and I hope you're right.
    No worries, I was typing from a cell phone so I didn't want to add all the back up until I got home. Typing large amounts of text on this board from an iPhone can get incredibly frustraiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm very sure this newly-formed company will be in OKC, not Houston.
    So is Steve. He's had several questions about the chances of Houston gaining a company & OKC losing one & every time he says "I'm not worried".

Pete: Please explain why you're so sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Pete: Please explain why you're so sure?
    Let's just say that people who know are sure that this will be an OKC-based company.

It also makes total logical sense for a number of reasons.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    No worries, I was typing from a cell phone so I didn't want to add all the back up until I got home. Typing large amounts of text on this board from an iPhone can get incredibly frustraiting.
    You're not kidding. And that's if I can get the reply function to even work on my iPhone.

HangryHippo Guest

So, does OG&E still want to build new digs as well or was the rumor about OG&E scouting space related to this MLP? If Continental expands and SandRidge stays put, we're going to see some pretty incredible growth downtown here in the not too distant future.

Remember, OG&E and Enogex are already in completely different buildings and are separate in pretty much every way.

I would see a new HQ for the new Enogex MLP and another for OG&E HQ.

But it's also possible they may be looking to combine. If so, I don't think it would be on the Stage Center site, as that's too high profile and controversial for OG&E.

Mayor of Liberal, Kansas - Tim Long - may move to OKC:

Mayor Long may be moving to OKC

In his letter to the community:

we are prepared to announce the possibility of bringing in a new majority partner for our family-owned business,
    Panhandle Oilfield Services, which could result in a relocation for us in the Oklahoma City area.
    Not sure of the significance of this, but it's interesting. Panhandle Oilfield Services is already in OKC, but I don't know who the new majority partner is.

14. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Is anyone else listening in on this conference call?

HangryHippo Guest

Anything good?

Anything good?
    Probably so laden with corporate-ese speak that it's difficult to say.

Anything good?
    Most of the questions are from investors or financial consultants, so the focus has been on tax issues, earnings potential, EBITDA, etc.

I didn't see any cryptic messages from steve's chat today in regards to the "mystery".

Next question is ..... what factual media outlet will break this story first?

And will the Houston media beat Okc with the scoop?

Today was my first time to log in to the chat. I didn't ask any questions but only as an observer. I'm sure the chat was a good idea when it first started but, I don't see anything that would make me return for another visit.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Just a small note. I love the chat Steve does, but if every asks the same question about the mystery tower, so that he gets 10 questions about it each week, it doesn't reflect well (in my humble opinion) on our ability to show some self-control. A lot of the questions are answered and then asked again. Scroll up and read through answered questions.

Frankly, I enjoy the chats but a few people are pretty much asking 'questions' that go like this... "This is my opinion on x (with a tone). What do you think about that Steve?"

I hope we don't run people off or make these less valuable because of that. I think Steve should strictly stick with one hour and if you don't have a useful question, it gets skipped. Just my .02. I can completely understand why these chats are starting to get old for Steve.

/rant

Sid, you may be right, but what I think happens sometimes is that someone types a question which is similar to a previous question because at the time they type it the previous question hasn't shown up yet in the chat window. Or else they could just be inconsiderate jerks who don't read all of the previous questions first. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Today was my first time to log in to the chat. I didn't ask any questions but only as an observer. I'm sure the chat was a good idea when it first started but, I don't see anything that would make me return for another visit.
    I will agree the chat quality has deteriorated. Too many of the questions are whiny (Tulsa bars are better than OKC's blah blah blah), stupid (Are you glad that fist pumps are dying out?), or offensive (What does your daddy do-mind you Mr. Lackmeyer's father recently passed). And yes, the mystery tower questions are absolutely played out at this point.

It might be best in the future for people to submit questions and have Steve select them. Let me say that the chats are the highlight of my Friday and I am so glad that Mr. Lackmeyer volunteers his time for these. It just might need some tweeking to prevent the increased "trolling" I've seen lately.

The moderator gets to/can chose which ? Are posted in the chat

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    The moderator gets to/can chose which ? Are posted in the chat
    No. You could probably type anything and it will show up. Steve does respond to most questions/comments but he does let some go by without comment. While the chats are informative to a degree, the real value to Steve (and to us ultimately) is that he gets a sense of what us, the customers, are interested in so he can provide us with the news and stories we care most about.

Blog Entries

I would guess there is a short delay and that the moderator can delete rude, slanderous, obscene, or otherwise offensive posts to the chat, just as there is a delay on most "live" radio. There are always verbal terrorists out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    No. You could probably type anything and it will show up. Steve does respond to most questions/comments but he does let some go by without comment. While the chats are informative to a degree, the real value to Steve (and to us ultimately) is that he gets a sense of what us, the customers, are interested in so he can provide us with the news and stories we care most about.
    No what I posted is 100%true. Now what they chose to delete is their choice

Thread Information