Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

Has this place opened yet ? Has anyone been there yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Has this place opened yet ? Has anyone been there yet ?
    See first post in thread.

Got some friends working here. Scoop is that it will be counter service like the Garage on Main St., bar will be full service. All food is priced between $7-$12 except for oysters which are delivered daily at $16 a dz. I dunno of anyplace around with fresh oysters except Pearls N. Okc. Anyways. Bar drinks start at $3.50 lots of shot specials at $2.50 happy hour everyday $1.75 domestics 3-7pm. Thursday and friday lunch and dinner are soft opening dates, spots will fill quick if not already filled. Never hurts to try and make a reservation, official opening is next monday. Phone is 928-5250 I believe if you want to try and make reservations.

4. Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

great food! fresh (obvious) prepared. had the salmon poboy. mmmm the in house aloi dressing is wonderful. hubby had baked salmon he loved it. rum pecan pie had real rum in it. was totally yummy! a welcome change from red lobster. next time will have fish n chips.and am exoecting it to be great since tonights meal was! only complaint is bizarre system of having to order at counter, pay in advance and then pay bar tab separately. a bit of a hassle but the food makes up for it. i will return and soon!!!!!! mgr pls consider putting corn tortillas on the menu and or corn tortilla chips for us celiac folks!!!

If you're someone who's been waiting for Long John Silvers to get a bar, wait no more...

Quote Originally Posted by positano View Post
    If you're someone who's been waiting for Long John Silvers to get a bar, wait no more...
    You must be talking about a different Big Tuna, LJS is nowhere near the quality this place serves. The catfish poorboy is a must have. and the onion rings are some of the best I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    You must be talking about a different Big Tuna, LJS is nowhere near the quality this place serves. The catfish poorboy is a must have. and the onion rings are some of the best I've ever had.
    Actually not, but I was definitely being a smart a$$. I was just really disappointed - probably had the wrong expectations going in. If you prefer fried food, you might like it. I've eaten here several times now, and have yet to find anything worth ordering again (but have not tried the catfish). If you're looking for a seafood restaurant, you too will be disappointed. That being said, I found it to be a great bar / patio to hang out and have a drink, and think the food was more equivalent to decent bar food. To each his / her own.

There is an abundance of fried food but a couple non fried items I've tried that stand out are the lemon pepper tilapia, asian glazed salmon, bird on a bed (chicken breast with some kind of portabello mushroom cream sauce), and the blackened fish sandwich. Some exceptional sides as well like the grilled veggies, squash rockafeller, and green chile rice. I live close so I've gotten to know the menu. Anyways if you havent tried it, check it out. If you tried it once and didnt like what you got, how about another chance before you start putting the place down.

Thread Information