Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

I regret the fact that I was too lazy or preoccupied to miss the opportunity to be disappointed.
    The Restaurant Game: Tougher To Win Than Playing "Go" Blindfolded.
    Perhaps a Window of Opportunity Has Been Opened for a DQ Player?

That's a shame, I commute down to Norman and work out of our office in the same shopping center once a week.

Was a nice place to walk to for lunch. I enjoyed the fish and chips the couple of times I went.

3. Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

Aw man, I kinda liked this place. I guess that's just not a good location for a restaurant?

4. Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroiHikari View Post
    Aw man, I kinda liked this place. I guess that's just not a good location for a restaurant?
    Panda Garden, Louie's, Mazzio's, City Bites.... I guess that's right

5. Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

I think the OP meant that spot in particular.

There are a couple of other buildings in OKC that seem to be restaurant black holes but are surrounded by other successful eateries.

6. Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I think the OP meant that spot in particular.

There are a couple of other buildings in OKC that seem to be restaurant black holes but are surrounded by other successful eateries.
    I know, I was just being a smart ass...... it's similar to the spot in front of the west side Wal-Mart.......

7. Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

Quote Originally Posted by JimTrabersColostomyBag View Post
    it's similar to the spot in front of the west side Wal-Mart.......
    Yep... I can understand why Slim Chickens didn't make it there. I wouldn't cross the road to eat that chicken, but I sure thought J.R. was doing pretty good business at that location.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Yep... I can understand why Slim Chickens didn't make it there. I wouldn't cross the road to eat that chicken, but I sure thought J.R. was doing pretty good business at that location.
    Never a fan of JR Q, but a long time fan of Jim Ross.

Keep in mind, that spot in front of Wal-Mart, even a doughnut shop fell out. A doughnut shop, in front of a wal-mart. Think on that a moment. Is there any other place such a shop should of had assured success in Norman ... well, maybe next door to NPD.

9. Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

Not just any donut shop but............................... a Krispy Kreme!

I'm sure it jacked up traffic for days when it opened.

JR's BBQ was good for what it was. I wouldn't drive across the state to eat it but if I was in Norman I would stop in for some pulled pork nachos.

I ran into Jim Ross ordering Q to go at Ray's Smokehouse last August.

Heard a rumor that it might be used for a K. Durant place in Norman, but theyre still just talking. Nothing decided yet, might even give the building up completely.

Closed!
    the food was o k but the service was ridiculous! for one, you ordered your food at the counter, paid, and then they brought it to your table. aTHEN you had to go to the bar to get your drinks. At all this, you paid full service prices! It was a silly set up, We brought this to the mgrs attention and he blew us off. apparently it was owned by these three guys who obviously couldnt decide who was in charge.... so as i predicted. Adios Amigos....a successful businessman listens to his customers.

Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but does anyone know what is going in to their old space? There have been large tow-away dumpsters parked out front for a few weeks now.

13. Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

I don't know but I hope it's not another restaurant because that's another location that seems to be a restaurant black hole.

I haven't heard on the BTF spot. The now former Panda Garden is slated to become a retail clothing location (not sure who). The folks with Panda continue to operate their east Norman location off 12th and Alameda, but closed the west side location at the end of March when the lease could was not renewed.

It will be a new restaurant in the Big Tuna spot. Word on the street is it will be called Pub W.

16. Default Re: The Big Tuna Fish Joint

Quote Originally Posted by ereid View Post
    It will be a new restaurant in the Big Tuna spot. Word on the street is it will be called Pub W.
    Well hopefully it will succeed and a year from now we won't be having this same conversation again.

June 24ish is the targeted opening date.

Pub W. . . . . . would it be too much to hope that W stands for Walleye?

Pub W opens July 16

Here's the link to their website. PubW We were also told they will have 24 beers on tap & 50 bottles.

Anyone know when this it to open? Also, what kind of pub closes at 11 PM?!

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Anyone know when this it to open? Also, what kind of pub closes at 11 PM?!
    and if you look at their website... are they really only open for an hour on sundays? from 10pm to 11pm???

EDIT: But if you read the about us, it says 11am-2am everyday... which goes against what the times on the top of the page say

They are delayed. The new opening date is tentatively scheduled for July 23.

Thread Information