Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Fe Station

Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Really wish they'd remove those hideous electronic billboards. I can't believe they were ever allowed in the first place.
    They had to go to Board of Adjustment to get variances, I believe. They had a really smooth lawyer on their side...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Really wish they'd remove those hideous electronic billboards. I can't believe they were ever allowed in the first place.
    Once the city buys it, won't they be able to remove them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Once the city buys it, won't they be able to remove them?
    The article pointed out that they were honoring the billboard company lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhh, I didn't click on the article. Guilty.

Thankfully the thieves who were trying to rip off the city got their comeuppances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    This is absurd. The city plays ball with business interests every time at the expense of even holding itself to any standard of decent appearances. As always, there is literally zero accountability with urban design in OKC.

Spartan, I'm assuming the sale of the property included lease agreements. The city will probably wait until the lease is up, and then elect to not renew the lease. Instead of dishing out money to break the contract over those two signs.

I hate the signs as much as the next person, but I don't think this is a big deal right now.

Default Re: The Modern Streetcar and Commuter Transit Project in MAPS 3 Progresses

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Potential settlement for City purchase of the Santa Fe Station in the works? City Council has a potential Executive Session item scheduled for tomorrow (December 3) to discuss a proposed final offer of $6,000,000 from the Brewers. If approved, they'll withdraw their request for a jury trial.

http://www.okc.gov/AgendaPub/cache/2...3014604944.PDF
    So did the City end up paying an extra $1.5 Million?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Spartan, I'm assuming the sale of the property included lease agreements. The city will probably wait until the lease is up, and then elect to not renew the lease. Instead of dishing out money to break the contract over those two signs.

I hate the signs as much as the next person, but I don't think this is a big deal right now.
    Hard to say until we see the final sale agreement

Maybe the city could use the signs for streetcar stop times...

11. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Lease agreements remain intact until expiration = cash flow for City taxpayers.

Lease agreements voided = out of pocket expense to taxpayers AND no cash flow. A DOUBLE hit to the wallet. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Lease agreements remain intact until expiration = cash flow for City taxpayers.

Lease agreements voided = out of pocket expense to taxpayers AND no cash flow. A DOUBLE hit to the wallet. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
    This and this also makes the street car project (where the purchase money came from) cash flow positive right now

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    This and this also makes the street car project (where the purchase money came from) cash flow positive right now
    ^ Excellent point

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    ^ Excellent point
    I don't really mind them right now, especially the one that's near Reno. There is already so much light coming off the massive LED board on the Peake that it really isn't that noticeable.

City acquires Santa Fe Station

Oklahoma City has secured the key and control to downtown’s Santa Fe Depot
    Brewer Entertainment is still seeking a jury trial to contest the purchase price, which could result in the city paying more or less than the $4.5 million.
    Work to start in early 2015.

The city had better be careful what it pays for CC land. If the price for it is extortionate, the Brewers will have a better case.

Is this still on track for early 2015?

i do like the idea of the "arrival court"... i can't count the number of times people have blocked the outer lane of northbound ek gaylord during rush hour just to unload their vehicles.

-M

That is freakin awesome!

So for the BRT, are they proposing something like this:

If so, they could add a lane on NW Expressway and make it a bus only lane.

22. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

So is the first graphic something they have accepted? That's the first time I think I've seen that. Or this that what Jacobs is proposing?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    So is the first graphic something they have accepted? That's the first time I think I've seen that. Or this that what Jacobs is proposing?
    The renderings are all part of an application that goes to the Bricktown Design Review Committee on Dec. 10th.

They are just looking to gain approval for the tunnel opening, stairway, etc.

Also, there is an existing tunnel that takes passengers from the station under the tracks and to the other side. That tunnel will merely be extended through the wall creating the link with Bricktown but it would also mean losing this amazing mural (the new opening would punch through the far wall and be opened considerably):

Photo credit to Alonzo Adams:

I guess I misunderstood the way the "tunnel" was working.

I was under the impression that it would be an exterior opening. Much like what it across from the Santa Fe Garage that pedestrains use to cross EKG. I was picturing a nice big opening for pedestrians to access the Bricktown Canal - basically through the wall where the current AMTRAK parking lot is.

In the early conceptual plan, it did show another tunnel leading from a new transit hall (would be future expansion) with another tunnel but that didn't even go all the way through; just access to the tracks:

Thread Information