Thread: Santa Fe Station

Default Re: Santa Fe Station

What is this walk thing you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Tier2City View Post
    What is this walk thing you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I am noticing that this a reoccuring theme around downtown. I walk a lot and 4 things I have noticed

1) random metal sticking out of the sidewalks
    2) paint markings coming off like it was drawn on with chalk
    3) walk signals not automatically be called when the light turns green
    4) low tree branches (especially when using an umbrella)
    3) is an issue that angers me anytime I'm downtown and walking. It should have been rectified during P180, but it was not.

I noticed that there are still a lot of the crosswalks that have not been repainted.

I suppose they may be waiting for immediate construction to be completed but good grief, those things are atrocious and have been that way for years. It's embarrassing.

5. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    3) is an issue that angers me anytime i'm downtown and walking. It should have been rectified during p180, but it was not.
    yes

Blog Entries

Questions... once upon a time we were told that an all powerful traffic light management system had been implemented in OKC and that we'd see the benefits before long (doesn't seem like we're seeing it to me, but I just don't know)...

1) If that system has fine control of traffic lights, does it also have fine control of pedestrian walk signs?
    2) If so, via the software, can they just be linked?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Questions... once upon a time we were told that an all powerful traffic light management system had been implemented in OKC and that we'd see the benefits before long (doesn't seem like we're seeing it to me, but I just don't know)...

1) If that system has fine control of traffic lights, does it also have fine control of pedestrian walk signs?
    2) If so, via the software, can they just be linked?
    I heard that the technology intended to be used for the system was abandoned by IT, so they had to switch to wired controls and that's taking much, much longer... but that's only something I heard, not verified.

Blog Entries

Hmm... I wonder what said technology was (that would have been the purview of an IT organization -- though presumably it was something wireless [in which case you need RF engineers for something city wide, not just IT guys] since you're saying it's now wired)... and hopefully we didn't waste millions abandoning it... but glad it's still eventually going to happen, maybe. Perhaps around the time of the AICCM completion. :-P

But my questions about the walk sign control still stand for anyone that might know the capabilities of the software.

Blog Entries

dupe

^

Wow, that's ridiculous and dangerous.

They could cut those off with a hand tool in just a few minutes.

Lawsuit waiting to happen

The city has that "items that need addressed" app, someone should report them and see what happens. If I get a chance today I'll swing by and try it.

14. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Be sure to get an exact address. Not the one geotagged in the app; rather something you pull off of a building. If you don't they will use that as an excuse to close the ticket without action. Also, if an item is on private property (it of course appears NOT to be in this case) you will basically get a digital shoulder shrug and the ticket will be closed. Those are the only things so far that have irritated me about using the app.

15. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

I posted this on Twitter to see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Be sure to get an exact address. Not the one geotagged in the app; rather something you pull off of a building. If you don't they will use that as an excuse to close the ticket without action. Also, if an item is on private property (it of course appears NOT to be in this case) you will basically get a digital shoulder shrug and the ticket will be closed. Those are the only things so far that have irritated me about using the app.
    OKC is trying to train Action Center staff to be at least ask for a specific address before closing it though... it's tough when the City's internal tracking system is only address based, not lat/long based.

Blog Entries

This pic needs to be immediately sent to the city for action. Then send it to the Oklahoman for publicity.

They got sheared off today. I think Unfrskn or whatever tweeted them the photo and the city went out and took care of it.

There is one set that is still there, but there is a giant truck parked over it, so they probably could not access that one.

Shear off the giant truck!

Great to see the nails removed.
    From Tuesday as well.
    Stunning station, i noticed that it was underutilized however. After the Amtrak left in the morning the officials taking care of it just locked up and left (With me almost left inside) And there was another large empty room that would've made a great restaurant.
    The stunning interior.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	022.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	8.87 MB 
ID:	10488
    Passengers onward towards Fort Worth

Name:	009.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	9.42 MB 
ID:	10489
    A certain tower peaking out.

Name:	018.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	8.09 MB 
ID:	10490

Name:	023.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	11.09 MB 
ID:	10491
    The large empty room would make a great cafe or meeting place/exhibit on the history of the railroad. Maybe the Oklahoma Railroad museum could use the space as a museum downtown.

Thanks again for the photos.

If you look at the latest plans, that great empty space is targeted for a restaurant.

And of course with the new tunnel to Bricktown, there will be a lot more traffic through there.

Such a crazy cool building that almost no one ever sees. Can't wait to see them polish and fill this place up!

(just need to pull down the Cox Center, because that's all you can see when you look out from those beautiful interiors.)

I hope the tunnel is done right and isn't just a concrete walkway. (What are the time frames for the renovation?)
    And great to see it getting alternative uses, after 8:30am this place was just dead.

Yeah, I've been by several times and never been able to even get inside.

They just filed the building permits so work should start soon.

I would guess it will take about a year to complete. It's mainly cleaning the exterior stone and reworking the outside areas.

To get in easier, look at the amtrak time routes. that should help get a good peek inside.

Here's a quick video that SW Aviator and I did of the Santa Fe Station ceiling.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FNHICNy5R30

Thread Information