Widgets Magazine

Thread: Land/pkg lot clearing at SW 89th and Penn.....whazzup?

Default Land/pkg lot clearing at SW 89th and Penn.....whazzup?

Noticed this morning that the lot on the SE corner of SW 89th and Penn is being prepared for some new construction. The parcel is apparently being expanded slightly from the footprint of the old KM gas station that was there years ago to include a decent chunk of the immediately adjacent parking lot (asphalt being torn up along with the other dirt work going on).

Anyone know what's going on there? Most obvious idea to me would be some sort of new eatery, but that's just a guess.

Default Re: Land/pkg lot clearing at SW 89th and Penn.....whazzup?

OnCue?

I thought someone here at Okctalk once said something about the OnCue gas station going in at 89th and Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    OnCue?

I thought someone here at Okctalk once said something about the OnCue gas station going in at 89th and Penn.
    Ahhh, okay, that makes sense. Didn't the area they were clearing was quite big enough for the OnCue's I've seen around town, but they just started work, so that may be deceiving.

Yes. It will be an OnCue the address noted on Cleveland County Assesors site matched OnCue Marketing LLC on Google.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    Yes. It will be an OnCue the address noted on Cleveland County Assesors site matched OnCue Marketing LLC on Google.
    Cool, that makes sense. I originally didn't think the land they were clearing was large enough for an OnCue, but last night I went in front of the property along 89th and they're clearing a VERY large area to the east, so it all fits.

Thanks 141. Gotta remember to check out that Cleve. Co assessor's site.

They've been building a lot of OnCue's lately.

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    They've been building a lot of OnCue's lately.
    Being from tulsa and used to Quick Trips im excited about them building more OnCues and them competing with 7-11's. 7-11 have dominated OKC for way to long and they are a horrible, dirty, and clutter - even the new stores.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post
    Being from tulsa and used to Quick Trips im excited about them building more OnCues and them competing with 7-11's. 7-11 have dominated OKC for way to long and they are a horrible, dirty, and clutter - even the new stores.
    Agreed minus I'm not from Tulsa.

Good to see this. Should be a good addition. That corner has been empty for years and has looked awful. I remember when there was an automatic (unmanned) fuel store there.

10. Default Re: Land/pkg lot clearing at SW 89th and Penn.....whazzup?

I remember going to that Kerr McGee with my grandparents. It was so weird to have a gas station with the little attendant's building instead of the conveience store. I never quite understood that...seems like they lost out on a lot of "snack" money...which is where OnCue makes a TON!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I remember going to that Kerr McGee with my grandparents. It was so weird to have a gas station with the little attendant's building instead of the conveience store. I never quite understood that...seems like they lost out on a lot of "snack" money...which is where OnCue makes a TON!
    The little store carried drinks, cigarettes, candy, sandwiches and newspapers. My parents frequented the station all the time in the 80's when Kerr McGee was big. The only reason the gas station closed was because Kerr McGee sold of their retail business to Conoco in the mid 90's. It stayed as Conoco for many years. Then it closed when Conoco merged with Phillips. It changed over to automated and closed a few years later. There is only one of those automated stations left at Hefner and Council. The other one at Expressway and County line had a convenience store added a few years later. I predict that Circle K will probably scrap their car wash and move the store where the Car Wash currently sits.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post
    The new 7-11 in Midwest City is pretty nice. 7-11's problem is they need to switch to a modern look and open the place up like OnCue has done. I like going to OnCue just simply because there is always 2-3 clerks on duty and the store is designed for high volume traffic. My only complaint about 7-11 is the store feels like they put 100 pounds of rocks in a 50 pound bag. They carry too many odd ball things. I guess they have plenty of people buying those odd ball things other wise they would not carry them.

OnCue on the other hand is geared towards drinks, snacks, ice, and the odds and ends you need for your car when your in a pinch.

Wasn't it called FUELMAN or something like that? Trying to remember.

FasGas they still have one at Hefner and Council.

Fuelman does have automated stations around the city. Fuelman and Wright Express are fleet fuel/maintenance management companies.

Great addition to that intersection. It's in need of a decent fuel station.

Kind of an old thread, but does anyone know when this is supposed to be done?

I wonder what their diesel fuel (if they have it) specifications will be.

Thread Information