Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&B's Burger Joint

1. Default S&B's Burger Joint (coming to downtown)

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously. Did some searching but couldn't find anything.

Just saw this Tweet; "eataroundokc Who likes @SBBurgerjoint? Did you know they're opening a downtown location in Oct/Nov? 9th and Broadway."

Awesome news. Love the sweet potato fries with peanutbutter and bacon.

Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint (coming to downtown)

There's work going on on a small building across the street from the Iguana and just west of the parking lot there. I would guess that will be the location.

I visited S&B two weeks ago and was told the same info from my waiter. They will be located in the small building across from Iguana.

S&B has a very good bar and mixed drinks to go along with their wild burger recipes. The waiter wasn't sure if they would have a full bar at the new location. I would hope that they could get the full bar with the 9th street location and give 9th street more of a bar scene for the Okc late night crowds.

I noticed they've got a garage door in that building. I hope they leave it and have a patio adjacent to it. I love restaurants that can open an old garage door on days with nice weather.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned previously. Did some searching but couldn't find anything.

Just saw this Tweet; "eataroundokc Who likes @SBBurgerjoint? Did you know they're opening a downtown location in Oct/Nov? 9th and Broadway."

Awesome news. Love the sweet potato fries with peanutbutter and bacon.
    It was discussed earlier in the Automobile Alley thread.

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=20552&page=8

No problem with bringing it up again in the food area for those who may not have seen it before.

Metro's not here to be the thread Nazi. All clear.

Thanks kettle

Nice addition to 9th st.

BBatesokc: try the sweet potato fries w/peanut butter, bacon & banana chips at bricktown brewery, amazing!

They're adding another room/possible outdoor patio to the building today.

Multiple Locations S&B's Burger Joint

http://www.sandbburgers.com/

Flipping for Automobile Alley: S&B’s Burger Joint adding another restaurant
    By April Wilkerson
    Journal Record
    April is a reporter in Oklahoma City. Contact her at 278-2849
    Posted: 07:19 PM Wednesday, October 19, 2011

OKLAHOMA CITY – S&B’s Burger Joint on N. May Avenue has gained a devoted following for its burgers, sliders and eclectic fries. Next month, it’s bringing its rock-’n’-roll restaurant approach to a second location on Automobile Alley.

S&B’s is taking over a building on Ninth Street across from Iguana Mexican Lounge, the latest addition to a growing retail and restaurant area. Shannon Roper, co-owner of S&B’s, said they began thinking about the expansion a year ago when they were approached by Automobile Alley developer and landowner Steve Mason.

“We couldn’t pass it up,” Roper said. “It’s a really neat, hip spot and is an up-and-coming area. We feel like it will be a great spot for us and we can add to the area with the style of food we do.”

S&B’s building at 20 NW Ninth St. offers about 2,000 square feet, Roper said, and they’re planning a patio. It’s double the size of the May Avenue restaurant. He’s aiming for the end of November to open.

S&B’s offers about 16 burgers – also sold as sliders so people can try different ones.

They range from a traditional burger like “The Fatty” to “The Fire” with roasted green chiles and “The Asian” with gingered onions, soy glaze and wasabi mayo. They also offer several other sandwiches. French fry options include regular and sweet potato or, more elaborately, the Thanksgiving sweet potato fry with marshmallow crème, dried cranberries and chopped pecans.

Roper owns S&B’s with Bryan Neel. The burger joint began nearly two years ago. Previously, they ran it as a bar for 10 years. Roper said they simply wanted to add a kitchen, but the food took off. They still offer a full bar, but it’s no longer the focus.

Roper said they plan to continue their rock-’n’-roll decor on Automobile Alley. At their May site, the walls feature paintings of rock icons by a local artist along with Rolling Stone covers.

Audrey Falk, who owns the nearby Automobile Alley store Shop Good with her husband, Justin, said S&B’s will be a welcome addition to the neighborhood.

“The more great places there are to eat and hang out, the better it is for us,” she said. “We love getting walk-in traffic from restaurants, and they’re great at referring their customers to us while they wait. The street’s changing very quickly. We’re excited to be here.”

Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

This seems to be making a lot of progress.

Just drove by the upcoming S&B's on the south side of ninth, just east of Broadway. Very modern, very cool building. Going to be a great addition to the area.

Can't wait...Love the burgers and bloody mary's

14. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

Can't wait either. Tried to go to the original location last week at lunch (12:45-ish) and it was a 45 minute wait. So we opted for Ron's instead.

15. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

Goooood burgers. The one at 59th and N. May is almost always very busy. It turns into a bar at 7:00 (I think it is?) But even when the restaurant turns bar, you can still get the burgers to go. I wish them big success on 9th Street.

16. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

Can't wait either. Tried to go to the original location last week at lunch (12:45-ish) and it was a 45 minute wait. So we opted for Ron's instead.
    Go on a Sunday before the church crowd gets out, before noon. Service is a little slow there sometimes, but it's well worth the wait.
    Still corrupting young minds

17. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    Go on a Sunday before the church crowd gets out, before noon. Service is a little slow there sometimes, but it's well worth the wait.
    I hope they streamline the service with the new location, long waits can be a business killer downtown for a lunch crowd. I never go when I have a tight schedule.

18. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

I hope they streamline the service with the new location, long waits can be a business killer downtown for a lunch crowd. I never go when I have a tight schedule.
    It's not a "long" wait, necessarily, just longer than, say, Tucker's. I've never felt like I was there an inordinate amount of time. It gave me time to catch up with Angry Birds or chit-chat with my meal partner.

19. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

It's not a "long" wait, necessarily, just longer than, say, Tucker's. I've never felt like I was there an inordinate amount of time. It gave me time to catch up with Angry Birds or chit-chat with my meal partner.
    I'd say on average, by the time I walk up to the hostess to the time I get my food is about 25-45 minutes depending on the day. Which is fine if you're hanging out with friends/family. Not so good it you're on a strict lunch break schedule.

20. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

I'd say on average, by the time I walk up to the hostess to the time I get my food is about 25-45 minutes depending on the day. Which is fine if you're hanging out with friends/family. Not so good it you're on a strict lunch break schedule.
    I get 20 minutes for lunch and eat in a school cafeteria with rowdy teenagers, so I don't have all that much sympathy for ya But yes, 45 minutes is a long time. I wonder why it takes so long?

I would be jumping up and down if I still lived downtown and was closer. For now, the original location will make due. Do? Due?

21. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

Do. You're a teacher still corrupting young minds and you should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Do. You're a teacher still corrupting young minds and you should know.
    At lest he knew it wasn't dew or doo. LOL

23. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    At lest he knew it wasn't dew or doo. LOL
    At least Doug knows I'm not a "he."

I've never actually written that phrase out before. It's not something I use often. I'm sure everyone on this site has perfect grammar and spelling

24. Default Re: S&B's Burger Joint on 9th Street

At least Doug knows I'm not a "he."

I've never actually written that phrase out before. It's not something I use often. I'm sure everyone on this site has perfect grammar and spelling
    Eye no aye due.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Just drove by the upcoming S&B's on the south side of ninth, just east of Broadway. Very modern, very cool building. Going to be a great addition to the area.
    When are they supposed to open. The articles seem to indicate they should have already opened... Great to see this little street proper! I really this street could be an absolute gem with just a few more additions (maybe a bar with live music included since there is already an alternative vibe going on there)...

Thread Information