Widgets Magazine

Thread: Pass Your Plate

Question Pass Your Plate

Pass Your Plate is opening in the Edmond Exchange shopping center. Anyone know about this concept? www.passyourplate.com. You make an appointment between Wed-Sat for an hour or so session and it's basically a large kitchen. You can go in and make your dinners for the week. They have all the food there, chopped, diced and so forth. You pay by the portion and the menu options change every so often. Sounds interesting to me - I'm just curious if this concept is working elsewhere.

Default Re: Pass Your Plate

It was on the KFOR news a couple of months ago. I think it is a little expensive but I'm unsure. Their target market is mainly mothers who are too busy to cook and want a healthy meal for their family.

Patrick Guest

Sounds like an interesting healthy alternative to fast food restaurants. It's good to see this new offering in the local market. We're such a fast-paced society now, it's great that a company is trying to offer something like this to our families that need the help.

Patrick Guest

By the way, if you'd like to debate the merit of mothers staying home to raise her children, there's now a thread for that: http://www.okctalk.com/t2751-should-...y-at-home.html.

Please, let's keep this thread about the restaurant.

This concept is fairly new, an article was in last weeks Daily Oklahoman giving an update. This company doesnt have any stores yet, it is starting in OK and will become a franchise company. There are a few similar companies that are not franchises in Arizona and California. It will be great for the local economy if this takes off.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

Sounds like crap. Big on the stupid factor. Pass your plate! How stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner&RiceGrad
    Sounds like crap. Big on the stupid factor. Pass your plate! How stupid.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean no one will.

You never know, I hear they're already talking about franchising.

I'll bet you wish you'd have thought of it

I thought the same type of business were already operating in some larger cities.

I thought the same type of business were already operating in some larger cities.
    There are a few similar companies that are not franchises in Arizona and California. It will be great for the local economy if this takes off.
    Midtowner, I couldnt agree more. Obviously some people arent the right demographic however I sure wish I would of thought of it. I'm sure it will be a cash cow, especially in large urban areas where people are too busy to cook at home.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

Still. You won't find me there. Or my lady.

Still. You won't find me there. Or my lady.
    Keep her where she belongs. In the kitchen. Good for you.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

Well that is somewhat backward of a thought... I fully support her actually having a life of her own, and not just completing my every wish.

I just think that a place where you... get nothing but left-overs is absolutely stupid! I love to go out to eat as much as the next person, and like a home cooked meal just as much (but with kid's sports and other activites it can be hard) as the next guy, but please don't combine the two!

[QUOTE=
    I just think that a place where you... get nothing but left-overs is absolutely stupid! I love to go out to eat as much as the next person, and like a home cooked meal just as much (but with kid's sports and other activites it can be hard) as the next guy, but please don't combine the two![/QUOTE]

It's not leftovers. It's not even cooked for the most part. You would just put together casseroles and such to put in the freezer for the week. Your just doing all the prep before hand so you can pull it out and stick it in the oven. I can't wait. I have 1 night this week where we are all home and I have time to cook. Can you say over extended? Before you start harping on too many kid activities my kids are only allowed to 1 sport at a time. I just have 3 kids! The days of once a week practices are long gone.

14. Default Re: Pass Your Plate

In addition. It is illegal to serve "leftovers" in any establishment that charges for food. I would think some select people would know that.

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson
    In addition. It is illegal to serve "leftovers" in any establishment that charges for food. I would think some select people would know that.
    I have always wondered what these mexican restaurants did with the leftover chips they serve. I have seen people leave their tables after eating, and leave a full bowl full of chips. I do hope they throw those things away .

Well that is somewhat backward of a thought... I fully support her actually having a life of her own, and not just completing my every wish.

I just think that a place where you... get nothing but left-overs is absolutely stupid! I love to go out to eat as much as the next person, and like a home cooked meal just as much (but with kid's sports and other activites it can be hard) as the next guy, but please don't combine the two!
    Then don't go there. Someone as educated as you should know how faulty your premise is, however. Since you don't think it's a good idea, no one will think it's a good idea. How illogical is that on how many levels?

I have always wondered what these mexican restaurants did with the leftover chips they serve. I have seen people leave their tables after eating, and leave a full bowl full of chips. I do hope they throw those things away
    Hey Keith, maybe we can start a Pass Your Chips concept???

Thread Information