Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overrated or Underrated NCAA FB Teams & AP Voting

1. Default Overrated or Underrated NCAA FB Teams & AP Voting

Nice little page CBS developed to show how teams are rated based on the state. It measures the AP voting history and helps to predict trends and such.

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs....56338/32283408

Looking at the top 5 and Oklahoma media voters...
    1) LSU is right exactly where it should be.
    2) OU is right on.
    3) Alabama is exact.
    4) Boise State is underrated.
    5) OSU is overrated.

Kinda neat.

2. Default Re: Overrated or Underrated NCAA FB Teams & AP Voting

OSU being overrated. LOL

Default Re: Overrated or Underrated NCAA FB Teams & AP Voting

Boise State underrated? They're at #4 at this point almost every year, how are they all the sudden underrated? I mean the 3 teams in front of them are Alabama, LSU, and Oklahoma. Do we think they're better than any of those 3 teams? I personally do not. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Nice little page CBS developed to show how teams are rated based on the state. It measures the AP voting history and helps to predict trends and such.

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs....56338/32283408

Looking at the top 5 and Oklahoma media voters...
    1) LSU is right exactly where it should be.
    2) OU is right on.
    3) Alabama is exact.
    4) Boise State is underrated.
    5) OSU is overrated.

Kinda neat.
    If LSU is right exactly where it should be, OU is right on, and Alabama is exact, how can Boise St be underrated at #4. Should they be ranked 3.5? I suspect the OU drop in the polls had just as much to do with OU saying it was staying in the Big XII as anything.

5. Default Re: Overrated or Underrated NCAA FB Teams & AP Voting

Okay I wasn't clear enough of some people didn't go to the site to check it out. LOL

What it is saying is that Oklahoma AP voters are underrating Boise State compared to their overall #4 ranking. So chances are Oklahoma voters are putting Boise around like 7th or 8th, not 4th. That is how you are suppose to interpret the information.

6. Default Re: Overrated or Underrated NCAA FB Teams & AP Voting

I'm not happy with LSU stealing OU's #1.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Okay I wasn't clear enough of some people didn't go to the site to check it out. LOL

What it is saying is that Oklahoma AP voters are underrating Boise State compared to their overall #4 ranking. So chances are Oklahoma voters are putting Boise around like 7th or 8th, not 4th. That is how you are suppose to interpret the information.
    I think I get what your saying now but I'm not for sure so I guess I'll just drop it. Lol

8. Default Re: Overrated or Underrated NCAA FB Teams & AP Voting

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    I think I get what your saying now but I'm not for sure so I guess I'll just drop it. Lol
    I don't understand him either. I think he got it backward.

Saying someone is underrated means that someone isn't getting enough credit/attention/fame it deserves.

What the link is showing is how state voters rank each team relative to their actual national ranking. Example in Oklahoma.

Looking at the current top 5 ranked teams and Oklahoma media voters...
    1) LSU is right exactly where it should be. (Oklahoma has LSU ranked #1 exactly like their actual #1 ranking)
    2) OU is right on. (Oklahoma has OU ranked #2 exactly like their actual #2 ranking)
    3) Alabama is exact. (Oklahoma has Alabama ranked #3 exactly like their actual #3 ranking)
    4) Boise State is underrated. (Oklahoma has Boise State ranked #5 therefore underrated vs actual #4 ranking).
    5) OSU is overrated. (Oklahoma has OSU ranked #4 therefore overrated vs actual #5 ranking).

10. Default Re: Overrated or Underrated NCAA FB Teams & AP Voting

Thank you RR. LOL I haven't been too good with words today. Is it the weekend yet?

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    What the link is showing is how state voters rank each team relative to their actual national ranking. Example in Oklahoma.

Looking at the current top 5 ranked teams and Oklahoma media voters...
    1) LSU is right exactly where it should be. (Oklahoma has LSU ranked #1 exactly like their actual #1 ranking)
    2) OU is right on. (Oklahoma has OU ranked #2 exactly like their actual #2 ranking)
    3) Alabama is exact. (Oklahoma has Alabama ranked #3 exactly like their actual #3 ranking)
    4) Boise State is underrated. (Oklahoma has Boise State ranked #5 therefore underrated vs actual #4 ranking).
    5) OSU is overrated. (Oklahoma has OSU ranked #4 therefore overrated vs actual #5 ranking).
    Aha! Now I know I got what it means. I was thinking that was what venture meant but I see clearly now, the rain has gone!

So nevermind my rant about Boise State or BS as we call them at my house. Lol

Blog Entries

It really doesn't bother me that Oklahoma isn't ranked #1 in the AP; this takes some of the unneeded pressure off the team and let's face it, those rankings don't amount to a hill of beans.

13. Default Re: Overrated or Underrated NCAA FB Teams & AP Voting

Boise State's Kellen Moore is one of the top 3 or 4 QB's in the nation...........

Kellen Moore QB Boise State University --------- Attempts: 105 Completions: 83 Percent: 79.0% Yards: 995 Average: 9.5 TD: 12 Int: 2 Sacks: 0 QB rating : 192.6

Oh, don't forget Boise State went on the road into the vaunted SEC and beat a ranked Georgia team 35-21.

Yes, Kellen Moore is a great QB. So is Robert Griffin III....

Robert Griffin III Baylor University: Attemtps: 82 Completions: 70 Percent: 84.5% Yards: 962 Average: 11.7 TD: 13 Int: 0 Sacks: 2 QB rating: 236.2

But Kellen Moore is an established player who has proven himself greatly, Robert Griffin III might just be having a really good year so far. But when Boise State moves into a major conference and starts beatin up on the Alabama's or LSU's then I will change my opinion and bow down to them and declare them team of the century. Untill then I'll stick with my "Boise State is overrated" theory.

WOW!!!RG3 has more touchdowns than incompletions?AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    WOW!!!RG3 has more touchdowns than incompletions?AMAZING
    That's why I used him cause he's blowing our minds this year. But like I said, it might just be a fluke.

Georgia hasn't done anything to prove they deserved that ranking. If they can beat Mississippi State this weekend that might boost them a little bit.

19. Default Re: Overrated or Underrated NCAA FB Teams & AP Voting

Georgia hasn't done anything to prove they deserved that ranking. If they can beat Mississippi State this weekend that might boost them a little bit.
    Well, not many non-SEC teams go on the road and win in Athens - Boise State did. Beating yet another big time football school. How many does it take? The Broncs are 61 and 5 the past five seasons. 2 years ago, they ended up 14-0 after their bowl win over TCU in the Fiesta Bowl. In other words, they do well whenever they play the big time schools. The '07 Sooners remember well. Yes, in my opinion, they're underrated.

^^The 07' Sooners thought they could beat BSU just by showing up and BSU punched them in the mouth!It is still one of the best games I have ever watched,although I think IMOHO that OU took that game lightly and it bit then in the ass!

They played in Atlanta but same difference. 61-5 is impressive but look at who they play. TCU is the same story. They beat the '07 Sooners with trickery and luck, still fair and square though. OU also went on to lose the next year in the same bowl game 48-28 to WVU and was 3-5 in BCS bowl game between the time of '00 and '10. And why would you consider them underrated when they're in the top 5 every year? That doesn't sound underrated to me but I guess you have your theories.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Well, not many non-SEC teams go on the road and win in Athens - Boise State did. Beating yet another big time football school. How many does it take? The Broncs are 61 and 5 the past five seasons. 2 years ago, they ended up 14-0 after their bowl win over TCU in the Fiesta Bowl. In other words, they do well whenever they play the big time schools. The '07 Sooners remember well. Yes, in my opinion, they're underrated.
    UGA is not that good this year but BSU beat an SEC team on the road and thats still great!BTW isnt there some NCAA investigations going on in Broncho land?

They played in Atlanta but same difference. 61-5 is impressive but look at who they play. TCU is the same story. They beat the '07 Sooners with trickery and luck, still fair and square though. OU also went on to lose the next year in the same bowl game 48-28 to WVU and was 3-5 in BCS bowl game between the time of '00 and '10. And why would you consider them underrated when they're in the top 5 every year? That doesn't sound underrated to me but I guess you have your theories.
    ^^BTW who do you root for?I might be able to criticize your team aswell!

^^BTW who do you root for?I might be able to criticize your team aswell!
    I root for Oklahoma and Mississippi State. You can find a million flaws in Mississippi State so go ahead.

UGA is not that good this year but BSU beat an SEC team on the road and thats still great!BTW isnt there some NCAA investigations going on in Broncho land?
    There's some sort of investigation going on but I'm not sure why or what for.

Thread Information