Widgets Magazine

Thread: 10th Anniversary

1. Exclamation 10th Anniversary

It is that time of year again where we all gather together to remember lives lost and heroes on 9/11.

Saturday or Sunday morning, I was eating breakfast in front of the big screen (before market open) and there was a story airing about a guy with the red bandana leading people to safety and opted to go back up to save more people. He was still inside when the south tower fell. His body was found months later. It was a touching story and very hard trying to hold emotionally together.

Here is a list of all the names of lives lost on that day. Take the time to look through them while saying a prayer naming them one by one.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/mem...lists/by-name/

What was Oklahoma's part in the aftermath? Can anyone share stories about Oklahoma reaching out to New York?

Photos of everyone that was lost.

http://htekidsnews.com/wp-content/up...11_victims.jpg (Click and Zoom)

2. Default Re: 10th Anniversary

No one got anything to share? C'mon Oklahomans, do better than that.

3. Default Re: 10th Anniversary

No one is going to forget an event as significant as that day was to us in recent history. However, everyone handles situations like these different. Our lives have changed because of it, but am I going to completely toss myself into a mood to where I need to grieve and rehash any old feelings? Nope. Just like I don't grieve on anniversaries of relatives passing or other events that were more personally traumatic. I'll pause to remember, respect the power behind the event and outcome, but that is it. Is everyone like that? Not at all. We are all different and handle things differently. Just like those here who lost family members in the bombing are going to handle it differently than others.

Default Re: 10th Anniversary

The 9/11 connection

The Sooner State’s ties to the twin towers are tight, despite the distance.

http://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/ar...onnection.html

Peace train

Religious leaders gather to track down peaceful resolutions.

http://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/ar...ace-train.html

You should read the first two chapters of The Science of Fear, Thunder.

7. Default Re: 10th Anniversary

I just had a sad and scary dream last night. I don't know if it was some sort of forces or powers wanting me to see and feel how it was or it was just simply my mind. I'm real quite curious if others had the same or similar dream last night.

I dreamt that I was at the base of the twin towers during the whole ordeal including the planes crashing, explosions, fires, just about everything. What was the most scary was too many falling people. Then the towers was collapsing down and I woke up. :-(

Seriously, it was so real.

It's possible, even likely, you have simply watched an overabundance of coverage online or on the telly.

9. Default Re: 10th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    It's possible, even likely, you have simply watched an overabundance of coverage online or on the telly.
    I didn't. I watched a whole story a week ago. I see just glimpse of coverages, but nothing excessive.

Thread Information