Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nichols Hills Plaza

Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

The west end renovation is for an expansion of CK & Co. CK&Co has advertised the new space (with artist rendering) on its facebook page.

2. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Is the renovation to this complete yet? It looked like they were being close to done last post.

I'm sure it's not complete... They have just started building out the space for the new grocery store, had the whole SW corner torn up, and had just commenced what appears to be a complete re-do of the south parking lot, with new landscaped islands and lots more.

I'm not aware of any new tenants.

Quote Originally Posted by DAE View Post
    The west end renovation is for an expansion of CK & Co. CK&Co has advertised the new space (with artist rendering) on its facebook page.
    Thanks for that information.

Here's the rendering from Facebook:

This is the space under construction from a few weeks ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    CHK wanted to pull down the entire south section of NHP and expand it, as they own almost all the property immediately adjacent.

But the City of NH wouldn't go for that, so it looks like they will just redevelop what's there. Of course, what they are doing now does not represent a big investment or preclude them for doing something much bigger if they can ever persuade NH leaders.
    This actually is not so. NH leaders waited for over a year to be presented with plans. No plans were ever presented to tear down any portion of the plaza. The city leaders very quickly approved the plans which were presented by CHK, as the city is extremely interested in the redevelopment of the plaza.

originally posted by Pete over in the CHK empire thread…

Chesapeake Fall Threatens Oklahoma Real Estate Fire Sale: Energy
    2012-07-11 23:00:01.5 GMT

By John Helyar and David Wethe

After spending $66.5 million to purchase a variety of properties there, Chesapeake’s plans have been blocked by town officials concerned that a makeover of the retail center will cause shops to close for an extended period. The community of Nichols Hills counts on sales tax receipts from merchants for the majority of municipal revenue.

Is the NH Plaza Market dead? No activity, and the banners are both gone that originally announced a fall 2012 opening - before being changed to read spring 2013. Work continues at CK & Co, even on a hot Saturday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Is the NH Plaza Market dead? No activity, and the banners are both gone that originally announced a fall 2012 opening - before being changed to read spring 2013. Work continues at CK & Co, even on a hot Saturday afternoon.
    Have no idea but to counteract all the acrimony over chasing out Crescent Market and forcing the pharmacy to move and give up the lunch counter, Chesapeake swore another market would open there by the end of year.

when i drove by this morning the CK & Co. store had racks of clothing hanging up for display. I had no idea this was going to be a clothing store and apparently it is close to opening.

Any word on the grocery store?

As far as I can tell, the grocery store is completely dead.

13. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    As far as I can tell, the grocery store is completely dead.
    Is CK & CO what was the old grocery store? I don't get the appeal of the new store.

What the hell is ck & co and what all do they sell.

So chk is not only in the real estate biz bu now in retail?

Pete's pictures clearly show a women's clothing and accessories store. CK & Co moved from one location at NHP to another, NOT the former Crescent Market space.

CK & Co's name is similar to Chesapeake Energy, a/k/a CHK, but no known connection exists.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Pete's pictures clearly show a women's clothing and accessories store. CK & Co moved from one location at NHP to another, NOT the former Crescent Market space.

CK & Co's name is similar to Chesapeake Energy, a/k/a CHK, but no known connection exists.
    Gotcha.

I do like the new storefront.

Did CK & Co used to be in 50 Penn Place or where they elsewhere in NHP?

They relocated from another spot in NH Plaza.

The Webb in NH Plaza and CK and Co. are owned by the same people. I'm not sure why they have two different names, as at least in the old space they shared a space. There's a Webb in Norman too, and it's at least owned by the same family, although I'm not sure whether there are different family members who own the different stores. The old store was on the southeast part of NH Plaza right next to the drugstore, not in the Crescent Market space, obviously.

Nichols Hills Market may still be a go.

Even though the 'coming soon' signs are down, there is plenty of construction activity in the old Crescent Market space.

Pete - Are they simply finishing it to "white box" condition, or do you hear of more specific, extensive buildout going on?

I was told they have already built an upstairs office and they have a ton of construction materials in there.

How about stopping by for some photos? You can just pop your head in and snap a few.

I'll try to stop by next week.

Article today in the Journal Record saying that the CHK-backed grocery store is moving forward.

doesn't whole foods have chk backing as well? sounds as if they're supporting two things that compete against each other. -M

Thread Information