Widgets Magazine

Thread: 9400 Broadway

Far North 9400 Broadway

The investors that own the 8-story 9400 Broadway building on the NE corner of Britton and Broadway Extension are planning a 3-level mixed use project with adjacent structured parking. This will be on a lot that is currently used for surface parking.

Default Re: 9400 Broadway

I think it's great to see momentum along Broadway from Wilshire northbound. (Including the "Half" in my thinking here). With a few exceptions, this area has been almost completely stagnant for my whole life as Memorial Road has grown more and more dense. Similar to Chisholm Creek starting to "pull" the Northside center of gravity just a little bit to the east, I'd like to see this area start to fill up with high quality development. Hopefully this kind of growth will start to aid in the stabilization of the old town of Britton as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    I think it's great to see momentum along Broadway from Wilshire northbound. (Including the "Half" in my thinking here). With a few exceptions, this area has been almost completely stagnant for my whole life as Memorial Road has grown more and more dense. Similar to Chisholm Creek starting to "pull" the Northside center of gravity just a little bit to the east, I'd like to see this area start to fill up with high quality development. Hopefully this kind of growth will start to aid in the stabilization of the old town of Britton as well.
    Old town Britton has a new coffee shop that just opened as well as the theater there has been getting a face lift.

Blog Entries

It has been rather amazing to me that there has never been any retail, entertainment, or other real commercial development along Broadway Extn with all the car traffic. There has been an abundance of land for development fronting the highway with good ingress and egress.

I think the primary reason that there has been limited growth is that, often, retail and office follow rooftops and developers aren't building a lot of housing in this area, which is probably primarily because of the perception (notice I wrote perception, not reality) of the quality of the OKC public school district. And there are some challenged neighborhoods on the west side of Broadway that might have scared developers.

Having said that, Broadway Extension is probably the best placed artery in the metro area, because of all the traffic between Edmond and central OKC. That's not changing. So I would hope builders of all types would take a fresh look at this area. It seems healthier for the city overall to be building there as opposed to the turnpike west of Mercy Hospital.

Since my company relocated to Broadway Ext, we have been looking at moving to this part of town. But the immediate neighborhoods just don't have the housing stock nor the quality we are desiring. Now there is plenty of vacant land east of Broadway, but that would require us to build or is way out of our price range. I hope these developments start to bring in better housing options.

Blog Entries

Have a friend that lives between wilshire/britton/penn/western, which is very close to this area and it seems like a decent neighborhood...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Have a friend that lives between wilshire/britton/penn/western, which is very close to this area and it seems like a decent neighborhood...
    It's the neighborhoods that sit east of Western that I am talking about.

Regardless of housing stock or neighborhood quality, would be a tough sell for me to want to live within half a mile of the train tracks in this area, given how frequently they pass through and that they have to lay on the horn five different times between 89th Street and 97th Street.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    It's the neighborhoods that sit east of Western that I am talking about.
    I grew up in those neighborhoods back in the 50's.... and yes it's a rough place now.

Old town Britton has a new coffee shop that just opened as well as the theater there has been getting a face lift.
    What coffee shop has opened up in old town Britton? I just checked on google maps and cvouldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by OKparallax View Post
    What coffee shop has opened up in old town Britton? I just checked on google maps and cvouldn't find anything.
    The name of the coffee shop is Zero Tolerance Coffee

13. Default Re: 9400 Broadway

The name of the coffee shop is Zero Tolerance Coffee
    Geez, this seems like a fun place.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Geez, this seems like a fun place.
    Other exciting news is that this weekend is their grand opening along side Britton Day for the area. Sounds like a fun get together with activities for the family.

Blog Entries

I guess we can't upload anymore, or maybe my recent popup blocker settings changes to counteract recent issues is killing the toolbar, so here's a link instead:

https://twitter.com/OwlCourtOKC/stat...37659563978752

Pete what happened with this development?

Quote Originally Posted by AlvarezK View Post
    Pete what happened with this development?
    It was proposed before the pandemic and I think it just died.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The investors that own the 8-story 9400 Broadway building on the NE corner of Britton and Broadway Extension are planning a 3-level mixed use project with adjacent structured parking. This will be on a lot that is currently used for surface parking.

This project is once again moving forward.

They resubmitted the plans exactly as shown above.

Hopefully, we'll see forward movement soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This project is once again moving forward.

They resubmitted the plans exactly as shown above.

Hopefully, we'll see forward movement soon.
    Pete, I work in the area, have you heard anything on this?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Pete, I work in the area, have you heard anything on this?
    No, I haven't.

Thread Information