Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nichols Hills Plaza

Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Here is the announcement from the City of Nichols Hills:

They left off the part where their CHK nightmare is finally over...

I'm very curious to see what land was included in this deal and and Chesapeake will do with all those condos it bought, the church property they can't get rezoned, etc.

4. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    They left off the part where their CHK nightmare is finally over...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm very curious to see what land was included in this deal and and Chesapeake will do with all those condos it bought, the church property they can't get rezoned, etc.
    The Christian Science church on Sherwood, for which CHK Land paid $10 million in 2007? I didn't know there was a zoning problem. I thought that fell apart years ago when Aubrey & City of NH couldn't agree on how to fund the City's move to the church site. First Aubrey had money problems with his October 2008 margin call, and then the City has had revenue problems arising from sales tax declines at NH Plaza.

Did another group want to buy & rezone it?

6. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Are there plans to raze the church? I would love to know, as I really want to get photos of that beautiful building before it's gone. Hopefully it stays though, it has great character.

^

I should have phrased that differently...

What I meant was they own a $10 million property that is zoned for church use and they never had that changed.

They were hoping to swap with the City of NH and obviously the City would then be motivated to rezone for office or other use. But since that didn't happen, they own a very expensive church that probably would be very hard to market at even a fraction of what they paid because of the current zoning.

8. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

In looking at that parcel on a map it would be an incredible opportunity for high-end upper story multifamily combined with ground floor retail as part of a lifestyle center re-work of NHP, but I doubt the residents of Nichols Hills would allow that to happen. That would be a fantastic place to live, enabling you to walk out one side and utilize the beautiful Nichols Hills park areas and trails along Grand Boulevard, or walk out the other and shop, dine, etc.. It would also serve as a residential buffer between Nichols Hills and the commercial bustle of a revitalized NHP. Again, though, I would guess NH residents would riot.

Urban - I am 100% with you on that, and think that NH residents would be totally in favor of it. Here's why:

1) Nichols Hills' high-density, multi-family housing has always been in the SE corner the city, N of 63rd and E of Grand - it's in the right place;
    2) The newest multi-family - Grandmark - was built 33 years ago in 1981 - they need new housing stock;
    3) A patio home-type development was recently been approved elsewhere in Nichols Hills, but it's too close to 63rd and lots haven't sold - people want houses with yards or condominiums, but nothing in between;
    4) There are eight adjacent neighbors - a church, a small office, and eight single-family houses/duplexes, and all are already near NH Plaza - a highrise is probably a winnable fight.

CHK reduced housing inventory by tearing down King's Court, and then bought 48/65 condos which I understand are poorly-maintained & managed. I don't know how a buyer would purchase one without knowing in advance who would redevelop the property, what the overall renovation capital costs would be, and how they would be paid. That's an interesting problem that will require an innovative solution.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Urban - I am 100% with you on that, and think that NH residents would be totally in favor of it. Here's why:

1) Nichols Hills' high-density, multi-family housing has always been in the SE corner the city, N of 63rd and E of Grand - it's in the right place;
    2) The newest multi-family - Grandmark - was built 33 years ago in 1981 - they need new housing stock;
    3) A patio home-type development was recently been approved elsewhere in Nichols Hills, but it's too close to 63rd and lots haven't sold - people want houses with yards or condominiums, but nothing in between;
    4) There are eight adjacent neighbors - a church, a small office, and eight single-family houses/duplexes, and all are already near NH Plaza - a highrise is probably a winnable fight.

CHK reduced housing inventory by tearing down King's Court, and then bought 48/65 condos which I understand are poorly-maintained & managed. I don't know how a buyer would purchase one without knowing in advance who would redevelop the property, what the overall renovation capital costs would be, and how they would be paid. That's an interesting problem that will require an innovative solution.
    I can just picture a high-rise condo tower in Nichols Hills. Such would be amazing. While personally I don't believe that downtown is ready for high-rise residential, I think Nichols Hills may be another story. It's fun to dream but it would be awesome to see such a thing come to pass.

Brianna's update.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/5318808?embargo=1

Glimcher Realty Trust, the Ohio-based company that purchased the Nichols Hills Plaza, Classen Curve and Triangle at Classen Curve plans to develop 12 acres of vacant land that connects the shopping centers, but plans are still in flux with no firm timeline, a Glimcher executive said Tuesday.
    Speaking at the International Council of Shopping Centers Oklahoma Idea Exchange at the Skirvin Hilton Hotel, Joshua Lindimore, vice president for leasing for Glimcher, also said the business still was working on securing a lease to fill the Crescent Market storefront that has been vacant since 2012 at Nichols Hills Plaza.

12. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Last Friday was the last day for Iguana Cafe. They were not doing enough business and are going to now just operate as a caterer. I believe that Iguana Grill will continue business as normal.

Last night they held the Taste of Western inside the old Crescent Market space.

Sure wish Glimcher would get busy leasing up this center; the south section is still mostly vacant:

Pete, what do you make of this, a tweet from Nichols Hills Plaza:

@NHplaza A little birdie just whispered something in my ear! Can't wait to share the big news with you!

POPS AND PROVISION KITCHEN RESTAURANTS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO OPEN AT NICHOLS HILLS PLAZA

OKLAHOMA CITY, FEBRUARY 9, 2015: POPS and Provision Kitchen, two Oklahoma City-based unique restaurants, today announced plans to open in the fall of 2015 at Nichols Hill Plaza in Nichols Hills, Oklahoma. The restaurants will open on Avondale Drive near the intersection of Western Avenue and NW 63rd Street. POPS will lease approximately 5500 square feet and Provision Kitchen will lease approximately 3100 square feet.

POPS, founded in 2007 and already an iconic Route 66 destination in Arcadia, will soon start construction on its second restaurant and soda pop destination location in Nichols Hills Plaza. As in Arcadia, the Nichols Hills location will offer a fun and enjoyable opportunity for all ages to enjoy delicious burgers, fries and shakes, plus its unique selection of over 700 varieties of cold soda pop and a well-stocked candy bar that will appeal to both the young and young at heart. Learn more about POPS at POPS: Home.

Provision Kitchen is a new restaurant that will offer delicious, chef-prepared entrees, sides and fresh-tossed salads. All meals are ready-made to eat on site, take-away, or be delivered. The menu is categorized into breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts, and will feature core menu items in each category, along with rotating seasonally-inspired dishes. Provision Kitchen will use only the highest quality nutrient-dense ingredients, sourcing local and organic where possible, with the majority of its produce and meats coming from Arcadia Organic Farm, a locally-owned USDA certified organic farm. Provision Kitchen will conveniently bridge the gap between healthful eating and truly delicious food. Provision Kitchen’s website www.provision-kitchen.com will be live in the coming months.

Marty Doepke, Manager of POPS, said, “We’re excited to bring the family-friendly and unique POPS' Route 66 Arcadia experience to the Nichols Hills community, and with it, bright, colorful, free-wheeling family fun, food, candy and drinks to all ages."

Whitney McClendon, Managing Partner of Provision Kitchen, added, “For busy people looking for a convenient way to enjoy delicious food, we offer gourmet, flavorful take-away meals that cater to a variety of tastes and lifestyles. Provision Kitchen is excited to make your mealtime effortless, by bringing you healthy food that you and family will truly enjoy eating. We are thrilled to be part of the rapidly growing food scene in Oklahoma City.”

Mayor Sody Clements of Nichols Hills said “For 50 years, Nichols Hills Plaza has been a gathering place for the residents of Nichols Hills. The addition of POPS and Provision Kitchen will help add to our already strong community spirit and bring us all back to the Plaza. I look forward to seeing local families once again driving, walking or riding their bikes to the Plaza for great food and fun!”

David Allsbrooks, General Manager at Nichols Hills Plaza, concluded, “We are extremely pleased to announce the addition of POPS and Provision Kitchen to Nichols Hills Plaza. Further, these restaurants align with our plans to continue the center’s history of joining upscale local, regional and national tenants to meet the needs of the local community.”

BTW, POPS of course is owned by Aubrey McClendon.

Provision Kitchen is owned by Whitney McClendon, his daughter-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    POPS AND PROVISION KITCHEN RESTAURANTS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO OPEN AT NICHOLS HILLS PLAZA

OKLAHOMA CITY, FEBRUARY 9, 2015: POPS and Provision Kitchen, two Oklahoma City-based unique restaurants, today announced plans to open in the fall of 2015 at Nichols Hill Plaza in Nichols Hills, Oklahoma. The restaurants will open on Avondale Drive near the intersection of Western Avenue and NW 63rd Street. POPS will lease approximately 5500 square feet and Provision Kitchen will lease approximately 3100 square feet.

POPS, founded in 2007 and already an iconic Route 66 destination in Arcadia, will soon start construction on its second restaurant and soda pop destination location in Nichols Hills Plaza. As in Arcadia, the Nichols Hills location will offer a fun and enjoyable opportunity for all ages to enjoy delicious burgers, fries and shakes, plus its unique selection of over 700 varieties of cold soda pop and a well-stocked candy bar that will appeal to both the young and young at heart. Learn more about POPS at POPS: Home.

Provision Kitchen is a new restaurant that will offer delicious, chef-prepared entrees, sides and fresh-tossed salads. All meals are ready-made to eat on site, take-away, or be delivered. The menu is categorized into breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts, and will feature core menu items in each category, along with rotating seasonally-inspired dishes. Provision Kitchen will use only the highest quality nutrient-dense ingredients, sourcing local and organic where possible, with the majority of its produce and meats coming from Arcadia Organic Farm, a locally-owned USDA certified organic farm. Provision Kitchen will conveniently bridge the gap between healthful eating and truly delicious food. Provision Kitchen’s website www.provision-kitchen.com will be live in the coming months.

Marty Doepke, Manager of POPS, said, “We’re excited to bring the family-friendly and unique POPS' Route 66 Arcadia experience to the Nichols Hills community, and with it, bright, colorful, free-wheeling family fun, food, candy and drinks to all ages."

Whitney McClendon, Managing Partner of Provision Kitchen, added, “For busy people looking for a convenient way to enjoy delicious food, we offer gourmet, flavorful take-away meals that cater to a variety of tastes and lifestyles. Provision Kitchen is excited to make your mealtime effortless, by bringing you healthy food that you and family will truly enjoy eating. We are thrilled to be part of the rapidly growing food scene in Oklahoma City.”

Mayor Sody Clements of Nichols Hills said “For 50 years, Nichols Hills Plaza has been a gathering place for the residents of Nichols Hills. The addition of POPS and Provision Kitchen will help add to our already strong community spirit and bring us all back to the Plaza. I look forward to seeing local families once again driving, walking or riding their bikes to the Plaza for great food and fun!”

David Allsbrooks, General Manager at Nichols Hills Plaza, concluded, “We are extremely pleased to announce the addition of POPS and Provision Kitchen to Nichols Hills Plaza. Further, these restaurants align with our plans to continue the center’s history of joining upscale local, regional and national tenants to meet the needs of the local community.”
    metro, we appreciate the information but it's usually appropriate to give some props to source of a cut and pasted article.

19. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

That reads more like a news release than an article.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    That reads more like a news release than an article.
    It appears to be virtually the same as the newspaper article which plupan posted. In any case, it would be appropriate to show the source of the information when it is posted.

From the Journal Record:

Pops, Provision restaurants to open at Nichols Hills Plaza

By: Journal Record Staff February 9, 2015

NICHOLS HILLS (JR) – Pops and Provision Kitchen restaurants plan to open this fall at Nichols Hills Plaza.

The restaurants will open on Avondale Drive near the intersection of N. Western Avenue and NW 63rd Street. Pops will lease about 5,500 square feet, and Provision Kitchen will lease about 3,100 square feet.

“These restaurants align with our plans to continue the center’s history of joining upscale local, regional and national tenants to meet the needs of the local community,” said David Allsbrooks, general manager at Nichols Hills Plaza.

Pops opened in 2007 on Route 66 in Arcadia. The Nichols Hills location will also offer burgers, fries and shakes and more than 700 varieties of soda pop.

Provision Kitchen is a new restaurant that will offer entrees, sides and fresh-tossed salads. All meals are made to eat on-site, take-away or be delivered.

“For busy people looking for a convenient way to enjoy delicious food, we offer gourmet, flavorful take-away meals that cater to a variety of tastes and lifestyles,” said Whitney McClen*don, managing partner of Provision Kitchen.

Provision Kitchen’s menu will be categorized into breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts. It plans to use local and organic ingredients when possible, with the majority of its produce and meats coming from Arcadia Organic Farm, a locally owned certified organic farm.

“For 50 years, Nichols Hills Plaza has been a gathering place for the residents of Nichols Hills,” Mayor Sody Clements said. “The addition of Pops and Provision Kitchen will help add to our already strong community spirit and bring us all back to the plaza.”

The new restaurants are a continuation of new tenants brought to the center since it was purchased by Glimcher Realty Trust in March. The company bought Classen Curve, The Triangle at Classen Curve and Nichols Hills Plaza shopping centers for $51.8 million.

Glimcher added jeweler Kendra Scott, clothing boutique chain the Impeccable Pig, and Aveda and Monroe Salon Spa to Classen Curve shortly after the purchase was complete. The three shopping centers were previously owned by Chesapeake Energy Corp. The company purchased Nichols Hills Plaza in 2006 for $27.5 million, and then purchased and developed the land for Classen Curve and the Triangle at Classen Curve.

22. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Nm

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    metro, we appreciate the information but it's usually appropriate to give some props to source of a cut and pasted article.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    It appears to be virtually the same as the newspaper article which plupan posted. In any case, it would be appropriate to show the source of the information when it is posted.
    It was a press release, not an article. It was directly from the source, not copied from a site...... You do realize I own a PR agency and understand press release protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    It was a press release, not an article. It was directly from the source, not copied from a site...... You do realize I own a PR agency and understand press release protocol?
    You do realize that you still could have cited the source?

Thread Information