Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Nichols Hills Plaza

Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Great shot, Pete. Thank you for all the awesome pics you've been posting.

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    Great shot, Pete. Thank you for all the awesome pics you've been posting.
    My pleasure!

I enjoy doing it and hope others enjoy the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    My pleasure!

I enjoy doing it and hope others enjoy the content.
    +1 here. I just enjoy silently because the like button left us for another forum. We could have changed, but no! Woke up one day and she was gone, not even a note!

New pet food store has opened here:

From https://twitter.com/NHplaza:

Just saw the update where Hopdoddy will be joining the new Starbucks off of 63rd just East of Grand. Excited about this place opening and the possibility of the Mamasitias buildings being remolded and hopefully getting a new tenant or two.

HangryHippo Guest

Pete or anyone else in the know - I apologize if I've missed it elsewhere, but what is the status of the lifestyle center with apartments that was once proposed for this area? Is that going to happen or did the lawsuit stop that from moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    New pet food store has opened here:

From https://twitter.com/NHplaza:

They have another location new Sprouts at 122nd and MacArthur

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Pete or anyone else in the know - I apologize if I've missed it elsewhere, but what is the status of the lifestyle center with apartments that was once proposed for this area? Is that going to happen or did the lawsuit stop that from moving forward?
    It is still being held up because a lawyer in the neighborhood to the west thought there would be bring too much traffic to the area.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    It is still being held up because a lawyer in the neighborhood to the west thought there would be bring too much traffic to the area.
    Thanks, warreng. Is there not a process it’s going through where this can eventually move forward? How long can the lawyer hold it up?

Yeah how much longer is that going to be held up for?

The owners of the property north of Whole Foods (Washington Prime, who also owns Classen Curve and NHP) recently filed to have some easements closed in that area, so that is some movement forward.

12. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

I'm just guessing, but I'd think that getting Classen Curve built out, tenant list re-shuffled a bit and substantially leased, plus getting NHP tenant mix solidified were things they wanted to get done first anyway. Lawsuit aside, I always expected they might not get serious on Triangle until that other stuff was mostly done. None of it really fit the national credit tenant nature of most of their holdings, and those properties were also a long way from fully leased. The incremental nature in which it has progressed honestly feels pretty natural, at least in retrospect.

Taken today.

Strip center with Hododdy Burger Bar on the left; they have already put in the drive-thru for Starbucks; the building will run E/W between the parking area and drive.

Pete, do you know how the existing and proposed Starbucks will compare in size? The new one looks much smaller.

New Starbucks on the right, retail center with Hopdoddy at the far left.

Blog Entries

Didn't realize starbucks was getting their own building. That's fine. Though if their drive through ends up anything like the one at 36/May, the backup is going to create a mess.

17. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Didn't realize starbucks was getting their own building. That's fine. Though if their drive through ends up anything like the one at 36/May, the backup is going to create a mess.
    Much like the new one at Chisholm Creek, good luck getting into the parking lot at peak hours the way the drive-thru is oriented...

Yeah, the Starbucks here is going to create traffic issues i'm pretty sure.

I'm still bummed they got rid of Bolens.

NHP south has really come around. I hope they can improve NHP north in the coming years.

Orange Theory Fitness looks like it’s ready to open any day now. Had an open house this past Saturday I believe. Good addition to the north side, it’s somewhere between St. Marks and Spencer Stone. Should also be a good boost to Organic Squeeze business, I think Starbucks leaving will hurt but maybe that’s not their customer.

Western Ave. Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    Orange Theory Fitness looks like it’s ready to open any day now. Had an open house this past Saturday I believe. Good addition to the north side, it’s somewhere between St. Marks and Spencer Stone. Should also be a good boost to Organic Squeeze business, I think Starbucks leaving will hurt but maybe that’s not their customer.
    Opening day is June 1st.

Recent shot of NH Plaza with a close-up of the bank under construction on the site of the old service station.

Blog Entries

Ugh

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Ugh
    +1

Frustrating when someone buys a premium location and builds cookie cutter design.....disappointing

Thread Information