Thread: Nichols Hills Plaza

1. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Bittersweet feelings about that.

Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Bittersweet feelings about that.
    +1

3. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Saw today that in addition to Trader Joe's, a Cyclebar, Lily Rain, Rustic Cuff and Pure Barre will be opening in the Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Saw today that in addition to Trader Joe's, a Cyclebar, Lily Rain, Rustic Cuff and Pure Barre will be opening in the Plaza.
    Some of those are going into Classen Curve.

Trying to sort out which ones are going where.

5. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Some of those are going into Classen Curve.

Trying to sort out which ones are going where.
    Ok that makes more sense... I was trying to figure out where they were going to go into the Plaza. I don't know much about Pure Barre, but that sounds pretty similar to Barre3 which is already in the Curve.

Pure Barre is owned by a College fraternity brother and his wife. She will be teaching and hosting all of the classes. They have been preparing to open for about 6 months now.
    Yes, same concept as Barre3.
    They're hiring right now!

Looks like they issued a press release but didn't return my message or forward it to me.

8. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    My wife will be excited about this!

Looks like there is serious dirt work going on just south of the Pops / Provision Kitchen part of Nichols Hills Plaza? Is this a building footprint, or is it more parking for Trader Joe's?

I believe this is more surface parking for the shopping center.

I'd say so as well ( there will be a tremendous need for parking with Trader Joe's), but the shape of the site and the fact that it doesn't extend further towards NW 63rd, makes me wonder if it is for additional retail. We shall see....

13. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    I'd say so as well ( there will be a tremendous need for parking with Trader Joe's), but the shape of the site and the fact that it doesn't extend further towards NW 63rd, makes me wonder if it is for additional retail. We shall see....
    Trader Joe's stores are notorious for tiny parking lots. This will be the best parking for any Trader Joe's I've ever been to, including Fort Worth.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

It looked like Ruth Meyers has closed - store is vacant. Their website advertised an inventory reduction sale....Did they move elsewhere or go out of business?

Blog Entries

Out of business. It is more and more difficult for small single boutique stores to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Out of business. It is more and more difficult for small single boutique stores to compete.
    Do you know anything about why they closed or just speculating?

Blog Entries

I do know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I do know.
    Please share.

Went by there tonight and the place is completely cleaned out and empty.

Obviously gone for good.

HangryHippo Guest

I saw this blurb in Dave Cathey's 7/5 article in the Oklahoman. I love Fabio Viviani and miss his Chow Ciao series on Yahoo. Are we really getting an Osteria in NH Plaza?? His restaurants in California and Chicago are awesome!

More eats at Nichols Hills Plaza

Nichols Hills Plaza neophyte En Croute hasn't yet unveiled next-door neighbor St. Mark's Chop Room, but owners are already planning an ambitious partnership with celebrity chef Fabio Viviani to add to the fold.

Details are slim for now, but look for plenty of buzz between now and the opening of Osteria in 2018.

Viviani was a contestant on season five of "Top Chef," earning audience favorite honors. He's written three cookbooks and has six restaurant concepts. Osteria, an Italian cuisine concept, is located in the LAX airport in Los Angeles.

21. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I saw this blurb in Dave Cathey's 7/5 article in the Oklahoman. I love Fabio Viviani and miss his Chow Ciao series on Yahoo. Are we really getting an Osteria in NH Plaza?? His restaurants in California and Chicago are awesome!
    It's really vague but I took this as Viviani will be involved with the Chop Room somehow when I read it yesterday.

22. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

I read it as there is an additional restaurant coming, as St. Mark's will most likely be open this year.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    It's really vague but I took this as Viviani will be involved with the Chop Room somehow when I read it yesterday.
    That's how I initially read it as well, but upon rereading it, it sounds like Osteria is coming. Probably wishful thinking affecting my reading comprehension, lol.

Yes, pretty sure it meant there will be an Osteria in NH Plaza opening in 2018.

The only other location is in the Delta terminal of the LA airport (LAX). They don't even have a website.

Generally viewed as good but not great food and quite expensive, although that may be due to the airport setting.

Viviani seems to be going the Wolfgang Puck route with loose affiliation with lots of restaurants and hocking all types of products.

Thread Information