Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Nichols Hills Plaza

Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    i honestly really dislike the appearance of NHP. From the brown/dark columns to the ridiculously many gabled roof arches. Uggh, talk about an ugly retail complex stuck in the (what?) 1960's.

That being said, I am rooting for it to be successful nonetheless - i just wish they could have started over with a modern facelift that better fits NH and today's retail scene. ....
    although it certainly isn't modern, i actually kind of like it. sort of reminds me of a ski lodge.

Pete, Steve reported in his chat today that the Trader Joe's deal was just an unsubstantiated rumor. He stated that Brianna had come to this conclusion and that there were no real LOI to speak of. What can you elaborate on concerning your information in this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Pete, Steve reported in his chat today that the Trader Joe's deal was just an unsubstantiated rumor. He stated that Brianna had come to this conclusion and that there were no real LOI to speak of. What can you elaborate on concerning your information in this matter?
    They don't have the same sources that I do and as has already been proven in Tulsa, TJ's will deny even after they have a signed lease and filed building permit.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    although it certainly isn't modern, i actually kind of like it. sort of reminds me of a ski lodge.
    I was going to say the same thing. Kind of reminds me of Vail

5. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    I said "unattributed," not "unsubstantiated." KOCO did another copy and paste of Pete's work and someone was trying to say that KOCO got a statement from Nichols Hills confirming it.
    N/M

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I said "unattributed," not "unsubstantiated." KOCO did another copy and paste of Pete's work and someone was trying to say that KOCO got a statement from Nichols Hills confirming it.
    N/M
    By the way Steve, great reporting on First National Center. This is stuff that needs to be squarely in the public eye. Keep it up!

Provision Kitchen getting very close to opening -- these are from today:

Pops not as far along but a bigger project:

9. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

NHP does look like a ski lodge, which is out of place in Oklahoma.

IMO, the roofs are far too big taking away the retail frontage and obviously suburban. But complaints aside, I am excited about this lifestyle center being revitalized and maybe finally realizing its potential.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

IMO, the roofs are far too big taking away the retail frontage and obviously suburban.
    NHP is suburban.

NHP does look like a ski lodge, which is out of place in Oklahoma.

IMO, the roofs are far too big taking away the retail frontage and obviously suburban. But complaints aside, I am excited about this lifestyle center being revitalized and maybe finally realizing its potential.
    Most of the earliest homes built by GA Nichols were English Tudor in style. Many of them now have been torn down or remodeled into the Disneyland kitsch Swiss chalet style or country French favored by the current builders and renovators. I used to live in one of them and even the interiors were fairly true to that aesthetic. Thank heavens my old house hadn't been frenchified because it is a great example of the style as Nichols conceived it. The NH Plaza matched the style of the homes he was building in the late 20's. At that time, Nichols Hills was very suburban.

If anything, it's really too bad the north part of the Plaza doesn't match and in fact, is horribly plain and ugly.

And in the more recent round of renovations, the south portion has been modernized a bit and I really like it. Still tudor but updated and it looks quite high end. They've added a lot of glass which will also help the tenants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Most of the earliest homes built by GA Nichols were English Tudor in style. Many of them now have been torn down or remodeled into the Disneyland kitsch Swiss chalet style or country French favored by the current builders and renovators. I used to live in one of them and even the interiors were fairly true to that aesthetic. Thank heavens my old house hadn't been frenchified because it is a great example of the style as Nichols conceived it. The NH Plaza matched the style of the homes he was building in the late 20's. At that time, Nichols Hills was very suburban.
    You might be surprised by the amount of contemporary style being applied in NH these days. In a way, contemporary is starting to become the new Country French.

14. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

I owned a 1927 G.A. Nichols home in Gatewood. It was Italian Renaissance Revival. It was on a corner, and he also built the homes across the street in both directions, only one of which was Tudor. He built in many styles. But yes, Tudor was one, and it was in fashion as he developed Nichols Hills.

Here is a great drone photo from our friends at CloudDeck Media:

Looks like a rendering!

Provision Kitchen opens Oct. 6th.

Chesapeake might be dark but NH Plaza did a great job with these tri-color trees:

I can't believe CHK went dark... the cost cutting is getting concerning. Maybe next year, if retail tax collections go well for the City of Nichols Hills (they are going to make bank on Trader Joe's - for those of you who don't realize, they sell twice as much as a typical Whole Foods store), instead of buying bigger tanks and oozies for their police, they could continue the tradition of tree lights along Western, Grand, and maybe their side of 63rd?

http://www.businessinsider.com/whole...ennials-2015-6

Classen Curve (as well as NHP) has their lights up, but only on the perimeter, not withing the complex itself.

But all together, it's still a very nice display for that area.

You would think CHK would at least do the trees along Western.

A new, very upscale, housing addition is coming, directly north of here on Cumberland Drive.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/547...rlyAccess=true

A blighted street in Nichols Hills will give way to a tight enclave of
    million-dollar-plus homes after energy executive Tony Say tears down 23 ramshackle rent houses he owns on Cumberland Drive.
    “This exclusive development will offer residents an urban living experience, with the security of a private neighborhood and the convenience of sidewalk access to Nichols Hills Plaza and other Western Avenue businesses and restaurants,” he said. “We are looking forward to providing a high-end, exclusive urban living environment that is unique to the Oklahoma City metro area.

A blighted street in Nichols Hills will give way to a tight enclave of
    million-dollar-plus homes after energy executive Tony Say tears down 23 ramshackle rent houses he owns on Cumberland Drive.
    “This exclusive development will offer residents an urban living experience, with the security of a private neighborhood and the convenience of sidewalk access to Nichols Hills Plaza and other Western Avenue businesses and restaurants,” he said. “We are looking forward to providing a high-end, exclusive urban living environment that is unique to the Oklahoma City metro area.
    no they don't have that. Agave Nectar

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    no they don't have that. Agave Nectar
    Sleep, plupan.

Bye bye Cumberland Drive. We hardly knew ya..

Coach House space being gutted:

Thread Information