Widgets Magazine

Thread: America's Pub

Bricktown3 America's Pub

I heard from two friends who work there that the cops have been searching every employee for drugs. Apparently they are on to some drug dealing going on inside. Friends quit the job, said it was probably the people running the place. I look for it to be closed down soon. All hear say of course. Im not confirming anything.

Default Re: America's Pub

I went there a few months back, and I observed the following:

Employees regularly selling a drug in the open - alcohol - to anybody who walks in the door. Last time I was there they were selling a good amount of this drug - people behind bars filling up cubs left and right, cocktail waitresses walking around selling test-tubes full of the drug, and lots of people proclaiming "woooooooo" for no reason, and gratuitous use of "high-fives".

I would hate to see a night club close because our selection is so thin - but I wish there was a night club that you could go to and not have to dress like a UFC wannabe/ d-bagger in order to fit in. Dont' like the crowd that place attracts, but their idea to sell food in the day, and drinks/club experience at night is good - keeps revenues coming in for more business hours.

Maybe this will flush out the mgmt. and it will improve?

If there is a night club that I would like to see closed it is America's Pub... Or as I call it America's Worst Pub. It's just a poorly run place. I don't think it would be long before something decent (which would be a huge upgrade) would replace it.

Good point - maybe a blessing in disguise. Its like that place could never really find an Identity, called a "pub", its more of a "club" but its trying to masquerade as if its not a club (food menu), but in practice, is a club.

I'm always sad to see a business close but America's Pub is awful. My only 2 experiences there were a huge hassle. One included a very mouthy bouncer who got up in my face for "being disrespectful". Everyone else I know who've been here have all had terrible experiences. I'm not surprised at all about the investigation. It is the only place I've been to in OKC where I saw someone openly doing drugs (the nose candy variety). In the bathroom of course. I at least assumed that they brought in from outside the club. And I completely agree with the type of crowd this place draws. Way too many MMA, Affliction/Tapout/Ed Hardy meatheads, and the types of ladies who are drawn to such characters.

If it does close such a prime location would not be empty for long. Maybe a place that doesn't attract druggie d-bags will go in.

Never known anyone that went there more than once

They advertise on the KATT (listen to it when it's the best thing on), so that should say something about their target demographic as well.

Other than there and KJ where would they advertise though... OKC airwaves really don't have much geared towards the younger generations.

Only went once too... Same observations.

9. Default Re: America's Pub

If this didn't get any attention before, it will now.

Danger Warnings in Bricktown?

Kind of like cancer, even though learning the diagnosis is bad, knowing early enough could save your life.

10. Default Re: America's Pub

this is the dress code we came up with for ROBOTIC Wednesdays.

11. Default Re: America's Pub

Yeah, I saw those up for the Independence Day Bash.

Still saw all of that get through though. Don't know if it was in effect.

12. Default Re: America's Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Other than there and KJ where would they advertise though... OKC airwaves really don't have much geared towards the younger generations.

Only went once too... Same observations.
    Wild 104.9, 103.5 also.

The Sports Animal broadcasted from there before all the Thunder games, and it was pretty busy. Cheap food.
    Recently heard on the radio that they are bringing in a somewhat well known DJ. Maybe a last ditch effort?
    City Walk is killing them in the club business though.

Since Makers "left" bricktown has had a huge void for nice places..

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post

Drinkz is still an option

Yeah Drinkz is prety nice, but its been for sale for quite a while.. Must not be very profitable:

http://www.naisullivangroup.com/Docs...Reno-FLYER.pdf

Never really busy when I have been there and they wanted $5 for cover!

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    The Sports Animal broadcasted from there before all the Thunder games, and it was pretty busy. Cheap food.
    Recently heard on the radio that they are bringing in a somewhat well known DJ. Maybe a last ditch effort?
    City Walk is killing them in the club business though.

America's Pub has actually been bringing in several great djs for over a year now... they play on Sundays usually. And the Sunday crowd is VASTLY different than the crowd on Thu/Fri/Sat nights...

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    America's Pub has actually been bringing in several great djs for over a year now... they play on Sundays usually. And the Sunday crowd is VASTLY different than the crowd on Thu/Fri/Sat nights...
    So who's there on Sundays, and where do the tapouts go. home to sober up for Monday?

Every time there's a new response to this thread I'm hoping to hear America's Pub has closed for business.

Anything that has failed next to the Brewers sons names, I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    So who's there on Sundays, and where do the tapouts go. home to sober up for Monday?
    Sundays are S.I.N. Sundays, or Service Industry Night... It's techno, breakbeats, dubstep... It's only really busy on Sundays when it's a Monday holiday following. But, it is a more narrow genre, especially for OKC.

had to get a refund for a cheeseburger once before a thunder game after waiting 45 minutes.

22. Default Re: America's Pub

They made you pay in advance?

Thread Information