Widgets Magazine
Page 177 of 217 FirstFirst ... 77127172173174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 5410

Thread: Convention Center

Default Re: Convention Center

Boulevard Place has a website with a nice video: http://boulevardplaceokc.com/

Boulevard Place is very austere. I’m not the best at decoding renderings but the Carlton ones hit me the most at first glance.

I like them all except for Farzaneh...it reminds me of a motel

Blvd place is a home run

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Does Rose Rock have a positive track record with these kinds of development? Seems like theirs would be a no-brainer, unless it is ignorantly more expensive than the others.
    Never heard of them, what have they developed/built?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Never heard of them, what have they developed/built?
    I believe it is Tim Strange.... he can get it done.

The Boulevard Place is impressive, and would be imposing from the street level, particularly people driving down the new boulevard heading to the Convention Center/Arena/Bricktown from the highway.

I don't know what the heck Rand Elliot is thinking with that proposal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAW View Post
    I don't know what the heck Rand Elliot is thinking with that proposal.
    Looks like he threw something together in an hour or two.

My pick would be Blvd Place, then Carlton Residential and then Two West. I really like the Two West modern design though. It would go good with the CC

10. Default Re: Convention Center

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Looks like he threw something together in an hour or two.
    You can see his inspiration by searching Google Images for "cheap old motel."

11. Default Re: Convention Center

Other than the last one by Rand Elliot, these turned out much better than I was expecting! I also agree that Blvd Place is the best one, but wouldn't be against the other two either.

Really we can’t lose with 3 of them.

Carlton or 2 West. Blvd looks like a hotel & Rand's project looks like a motel from the late 70s...

14. Default Re: Convention Center

Carlton's retail frontage along the OKC Boulevard is underwhelming IMO. Boulevard Place hits all the right marks with me, especially all of that glorious retail space. 2 West is a close second, although I don't care for the setback along Shields.

BLVD Place please.

2 west initially looks the best to the eyes, but the design is maybe the last urban.

16. Default Re: Convention Center

I agree that BLVD is the best for this location given its promenent massing, scale, height (YES), and retail space. It screams big city and a few design changed would allow it to complement Omni very well (like an extension if you will). The Carleton could do very well in Midtown or Auto Alley area (think fronting Broadway somewhere).

2 West has that 'LA Live' feel; I think it should actually go across the street to cover up the Courtyard Hotel's garage. Could you imagine such a setting, with BLVD "hotel" residences and Omni along one side of OKC blvd and 2 West on the other side blending from the main entrance to the Chesapeake Arena. Add to that (and let us NOT forget) the new Fairfield urban Hotel a block S and you have a very nice, urban setting very different from what's there today. I think all of them would feed each other and connect the CC to Bricktown. ...

Now that would make a GRAND entrance to downtown.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

I am surprised Milhaus nor Bomasada put bids in for this project. They both are good out of state developers who have already built quality housing projects here in Oklahoma City.

Milhaus had a bad experience with LIFT and pulled completely out of town. They had stationed one of the acquisition / development people here but they relocated him some time ago. Not exactly sure what happened with LIFT but you may recall they were way, way behind schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Milhaus had a bad experience with LIFT and pulled completely out of town. They had stationed one of the acquisition / development people here but they relocated him some time ago. Not exactly sure what happened with LIFT but you may recall they were way, way behind schedule.
    Wow i want to hear more about this. Had to be an issue with local government you would think.

20. Default Re: Convention Center

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    BLVD Place please.

2 west initially looks the best to the eyes, but the design is maybe the last urban.
    That's my opinion as well. I think people are drawn to Two West's central corner feature and that corners LED lighting, which makes it look "modern" at night, but look at the rest of the building, particularly the section down Shields--it appears, to me at least, that it's a rather bland, typical apartment building.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    That's my opinion as well. I think people are drawn to Two West's central corner feature and that corners LED lighting, which makes it look "modern" at night, but look at the rest of the building, particularly the section down Shields--it appears, to me at least, that it's a rather bland, typical apartment building.
    At least in my personal opinion, Two West does the best job of any of the proposals of activating that corner, but I agree that the Shields frontage is severely lacking. It'd be much better if the Boulevard streetwall was continued down Shields as well. Boulevard Place does the best job at that, but does a poor job of activating that corner and making it feel welcome. It probably has the best retail layout as well, but the ground level does not feel inviting to me; at minimum, to change my perception, the storefront windows should be much more closely spaced and cover most of the ground level along Shields and the Boulevard. There also should be some sort of public art installation at this corner too - again, in my opinion. Otherwise the building feels too bland and imposing to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Speaking of garage, article by Steve:

http://newsok.com/article/5594654

Kinda liking the 8-story proposal but need to look closer at them all.

Colony Partners, led by Ron Bradshaw, and Cornerstone Development, led by Gary Brooks, are suggesting a five-story, 221-unit complex that would include 6,000 square feet of community space and 4,700 square feet of retail at ground level.

The project would include 44 units aimed at 70 percent of average median income, 66 units aimed at 80 percent of average median income, another 66 units aimed at 90 percent of average median income, and 44 units at market rate.
    Could this project have been linked to the Omni Conference Hotel much like the Louisville CC Omni with mix-use hotel & housing?

23. Default Re: Convention Center

ya, it could have been added to the top of the Omni - increasing its height by -say- 8 floors. hehe
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

You're Invited
    The Mayor and City Council of the City of Oklahoma City invite you to the

Groundbreaking for the MAPS 3 Convention Center
    10:30 a.m. Friday, June 15, 2018

SW 5th Street and Robinson Avenue

We shouldn't touch that Farzaneh-Elliot proposal with a ten foot pole.

Thread Information