Widgets Magazine
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 333435363738

Thread: Brickopolis

Default Re: Brickopolis

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Does the Brickopolis building have a few parking spots on the ground floor on the south end of the building? Why would they do that? Surely it wasnt required by the city was it? It would seem that they would make more money on game/retail space than a few parking spots.
    I think the idea was if a hotel ever occupies the mini-golf lot that there would be a place for drop off/pick up.

2. Default Re: Brickopolis

ya shawn, that was my point.

I am happy (and a little surprised, actually) to see the mini-golf be a huge success. But great, yes. That is why I'm thinking, since the current location surely will be developed, if the mini-golf could be moved downstream into LoBrick somewhere. Just imagine the life that could provide to that section of the canal while also 'hiding' some of the mistakes of the design of that area of town. It could be a win-win for everyone, the city keeps a treasured asset that adds vitality to another part of the canal, the current location gets PROPERLY developed, those of us who hate Hogan Land can have an asset come in and start to make a difference.

But as was said, I'd vouch for the idea only if it is feasible - I'd have to only imagine it must be downstream next to those awefull parking lots or near the Residence Inn.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Looking at Lower Bricktown in Google Maps, I'm not sure I see a good spot for it. There's so much green space that's just too small to fit anything useful, and most everything else is parking. You could do everyone a favor and rip some of the latter out, but once you do that you have another excellent spot for development into something interesting, and that could be far more than just a mini-golf course.

You might be able to scrape out some space for it down at the end of the canal, but that doesn't really do anything to fix Lower Bricktown.

Blog Entries

I've always felt we needed a bridge activity (and possibly a literal bridge so people don't have to back-track so far to go from one to the other) between the end of the canal and Rocktown but I'm not sure this would be it. It's just always disappointed me that if I parked by the Land Run Monument to visit, that I couldn't then hop over to Rocktown without some challenges...

They have proposed adding a climbing wall to the min golf area.

Believe it will be 24' high.

I think they are already working on this. they have a bunch of metal pieces that look like they could be for this wall stacked in that general area.

Pretty soon it will be easier to find a wall to climb up than a mall to shop in.

Climbing structure is installed as well as a raft shaped trampoline apparatus.

Just put me out of my misery. What an absolute waste of prime real estate and a total eye-sore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Just put me out of my misery. What an absolute waste of prime real estate and a total eye-sore.
    I think it's pretty fun! But you know what they say, "One man's trash..."

11. Default Re: Brickopolis

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    This is just a place keeper. I think its a good use of the site for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    This is just a place keeper. I think its a good use of the site for the time being.
    I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. Heyday moving into Redpin a little ways down probably insured that this mini golf course will be here for many years to come. The current direction of Bricktown is to be more family friendly and that direction gives the mini golf course value.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. Heyday moving into Redpin a little ways down probably insured that this mini golf course will be here for many years to come. The current direction of Bricktown is to be more family friendly and that direction gives the mini golf course value.
    Except that there are plans to build a hotel there and this is just a place holder. Doubt those plans have anything to do with attempts to make bricktown more family friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Except that there are plans to build a hotel there and this is just a place holder. Doubt those plans have anything to do with attempts to make bricktown more family friendly.
    How long are we talking? I would love to see about a 10 story hotel right were that mini golf is, and the Brickopolis building being used as its street front or lobby or something.

I am fine with family friendly elements being in Bricktown, but not at the expense of density and aesthetics and also not entities that look like poverty versions of Chuck E Cheeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

[/center]
    That picture looks like a catalog for wrenches.

16. Default Re: Brickopolis

Has anyone played mini golf here yet? I am thinking about going there with my friend, the only other place seems to be celebration station.

Quote Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
    Has anyone played mini golf here yet? I am thinking about going there with my friend, the only other place seems to be celebration station.
    Yes, it is a pretty good course. They keep it clean using leaf blowers and sweeping to help with the play.

18. Default Re: Brickopolis

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Yes, it is a pretty good course. They keep it clean using leaf blowers and sweeping to help with the play.
    Thank you!

Blog Entries

Brickopolis was approved for PPP (not a judgement, just an FYI)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-09 231608.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	16235

Has this place opened back up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Has this place opened back up yet?
    i know some people going there tonight, so i assume it's open.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i know some people going there tonight, so i assume it's open.
    For some reason I thought they were still shut down but that’s good to know. I’m glad they were able to make it through the pandemic.

Blog Entries

I took my grandson in Feb so I doubt it closed for long if at all

24. Default Re: Brickopolis

^^^^^^
    It never closed other than during the emergency order. They have been wide open since May 2020. Like most places in the service industry they are having staffing challenges and the owners are currently working very long hours, so there have been a few days where they have shut down for a day or two mid week to catch a breather.

Thread Information