Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
Everyone can blast the city all they want, but the city cannot FORCE investment when the economics just aren't there. Over time bricktown property will become more valuable and these lots will go away. But now, the upside doesn't justify huge investment...YET.

DD is perceived by investors to be worth the investment and they are making it so. Their success will ultimately force btown to become more valuable and bigger investments will be made. It is a process.
I agree with you of course, but the reason people are disagreeing with you is because the city has invested nothing in Deep Deuce. Absolutely nothing. Bricktown has the canal, more streetscapes, the ballpark, and on and on. How much taxpayer resources have been utilized to attract Bricktown development compared to the Deep Deuce housing projects? It is frustrating. Right now, Bricktown has absolutely not been worth it, in comparison. That's the bottom line, and I'm someone who's inclined to give the benefit of the doubt. I'm pro-Bricktown, but this is really frustrating.

Seems to me it has more to do with the gap economics. People like Chris Johnson and Jim Brewer have everything to do with that. Developers can get rich quick doing parking, or do it the right way, involving hard work, and do a real development. Which should they do?