Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Mideke Building

1. Default Re: Mideke Building

Yeah, if Bricktown (or really any downtown district) gets a chain, it would really be best if it is a destination place with no other locations in the metro.

2. Default Re: Mideke Building

This was from 3/5:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I just heard from a very good source that Tapstone is indeed going into this building.

Don't think they will be taking the ground floor, but will take most the rest of the building.

Knowing Tom Ward, they will create a very nice space for the new company.
    This was from 3/7:

Quote Originally Posted by HEMMINSTEIN
    Steve pretty clearly stated in his chat this morning that reports of Tapstone going into this building are incorrect.
    Now this is what Steve said in his chat yesterday, 4/18:

I broke the story on the Tapstone Energy/Mideke building project two weeks ago.
    Steve must have a pretty narrow definition of "breaking a story"

Default Re: Mideke Building

Lol

Detailed plans for this building have been revealed.

Tapstone will be taking the top three floors plus the small 1-story building to the east. The East building will be the main entrance to their offices and have a private parking garage.

The 1st floor will be split between tenants; unsure if Coco Flow is staying but it looks likely.

2nd floor will be divided up for office tenants; certainly to be used for future expansion as Tapstone grows.

3rd & 4th floors will be for general Tapstone offices. 5th floor will be all private offices with a large office in the NE corner with a private bath (no doubt for Tom Ward). 5th floor will also include an atrium that is open to the sky above.

North Elevation:

South Elevation:

West Elevation:

East Building (1 Floor):

West Building 1st Floor:

West Building 2nd Floor:

West Building 3rd Floor:

West Building 4th Floor:

West Building 5th Floor:

Is the private parking going to be that parking lot to the east of their main office entrance or will they build a multi level parking structure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be a few private parking spaces inside the building.

They do not have any surface parking or other adjacent property to build a structure.

This was included in the marketing packet:

HangryHippo Guest

That lot north of this area really needs to be turned into structured parking. Hopefully Karchmer's proposal works out for all parties.

So is CityWalk for sure closing? When is it supposed to happen?

FYI the staff recommendation is to deny the renovation of the east side of this building (glass) and the glass staircase.

I'm actually kind of happy about that ^

I didn't like the look too much, I did think the glass on the Holiday Inn across the street was appropriate, however.

They have already made a preliminary presentation to the design committee and they loved it.

I'm sure the design will easily pass.

Default Mideke Building

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    So is CityWalk for sure closing? When is it supposed to happen?
    Don't tell me you're gonna miss S$&@@y Walk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of the lease deal with Tapstone was the buyout of the CityWalk lease.

Not sure when they are leaving but I'm sure it won't be until the developers have all the necessary permits and are ready to start construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have already made a preliminary presentation to the design committee and they loved it.

I'm sure the design will easily pass.
    I love it, too.

Blog Entries

Citywalk sure wasn't closed Saturday night. Good golly it was crazy around it. Didn't go in, was just around and noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Citywalk sure wasn't closed Saturday night. Good golly it was crazy around it. Didn't go in, was just around and noticed.
    It's definitely not closing because of lack of business but rather because it will be converted to office space for Tapstone. I wonder if they will reopen somewhere else or simply go away?

It's definitely not closing because of lack of business but rather because it will be converted to office space for Tapstone. I wonder if they will reopen somewhere else or simply go away?
    As much as that club is derided, it has lasted forever. Must be a nightclub record for OKC.

I used to buy supplies and tools at Mideke in the 70s, maybe the early 80s. It didn't seem like a comfortable place to work.
    Half the visible materials in the Bricktown renovations came from my steel yard in Norman when Jim Brewer bought all the materials at auction.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    As much as that club is derided, it has lasted forever. Must be a nightclub record for OKC.
    A lot of big-name, national DJs have played there. If there is one club in Bricktown I would say I am somewhat disappointed to see go, its CityWalk.

A lot of big-name, national DJs have played there. If there is one club in Bricktown I would say I am somewhat disappointed to see go, its CityWalk.
    You have NO clue what so ever to what a "big name national DJ" is if you think they play at city walk, more opinion facts by you, shocking...

Tiesto was there and so was Oakenfold and Paul van Dyk. I would consider them big name.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    You have NO clue what so ever to what a "big name national DJ" is if you think they play at city walk, more opinion facts by you, shocking...
    Wow. Please consider kindness.

Tiesto was there and so was Oakenfold and Paul van Dyk. I would consider them big name.
    When was Tiesto, PvD, at city walk..?

The last big name DJs to play in OKC was moby not at City Walk, Kaskade, not at city walk. Derude, not at city walk. Do you see a trend? 12th planet not at city walk.

25. Default Re: Mideke Building

Rev Run did a DJ set there a couple of years ago, which I attended. Not the same wheelhouse as those guys, but all are certainly big names in music. The fact that there haven't been any lately doesn't diminish what Chris said, namely "a lot of big-name, national DJs have played there..." It is a 100% accurate statement. It's no different than saying U2, the Replacements and R.E.M. played in the basement below what is now McNellie's at Plaza Court. Just because it won't happen again doesn't change the fact that it happened.

Regarding Moby, he wouldn't have played ANY club date in OKC. He was booked strictly as a part of the ACM@UCO music festival and as a masters class subject.

Thread Information