Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods

1. Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    The parking lots on Memorial are too big for a Trader Joe's.
    lol this right here

Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    No. They serve different purposes. The ones in Moore and West OKC will be able to go on, and specialty needs will take them to the one on Memorial.
    as long as i can go to this one to buy my street hockey sticks, then great. i have always been so mad that the current ones don't carry them, even though all the ones in dallas do.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    as long as i can go to this one to buy my street hockey sticks, then great. i have always been so mad that the current ones don't carry them, even though all the ones in dallas do.
    Do you play in skates or sneakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Do you play in skates or sneakers?
    sneakers now. skates when i was in my late 20's and early 30's

I hope this gets a different Store Leader or team that cares more. The current store is a dirty disaster. I know hours cut, workers complacent, theft, etc, etc, but it comes from the Leader to below- show some pride. A clean store goes a long way. I had to go twice in the past weeks and the store is trashed and not just trashed from the day before as I saw some garbage in the same spots a week in between. Close to open- meaning you close at night so you are ready to open the next day without having to do little if any from the day before. It is tough to see as a former retail warrior because I just want to grab a trash bag and start picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    I hope this gets a different Store Leader or team that cares more. The current store is a dirty disaster. I know hours cut, workers complacent, theft, etc, etc, but it comes from the Leader to below- show some pride. A clean store goes a long way. I had to go twice in the past weeks and the store is trashed and not just trashed from the day before as I saw some garbage in the same spots a week in between. Close to open- meaning you close at night so you are ready to open the next day without having to do little if any from the day before. It is tough to see as a former retail warrior because I just want to grab a trash bag and start picking it up.
    Well, usually a new store concept attracts a lot of attention from upper management so hopefully, they figure out there is some weaknesses with how the current store is currently ran. I do imagine most of the existing store personal will transfer though.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Well, usually a new store concept attracts a lot of attention from upper management so hopefully, they figure out there is some weaknesses with how the current store is currently ran. I do imagine most of the existing store personal will transfer though.
    I would imagine as well, but terms of the mgmt, depending on projected volume, they may bring in someone with higher volume/top tier/flagstaff experience and transfer current leadership to other stores or keep them there.

Job trailer was just ordered for House of Sports on N. Penn so things should be cranking up soon.

Far North N. Penn and Highland Park Blvd. (Near Del Taco)

Was driving by the other day and noticed a lot of dirt work and machinery on this lot of land again. I know pre-Covid this was to be a Winco, but that never happened. Does anyone have insight as to what this will be?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I looked for awhile but couldn’t find anything. Feel free to delete or redirect to another post if needed.

Default Re: N. Penn and Highland Park Blvd. (Near Del Taco)

I think it’s where the new Dick’s House of Sports is going.

Far North Development at N. Penn and Highland Park Blvd?

I've looked and looked all over the forums but can't find anything for what is being developed at N. Penn and Highland Park Blvd. Before covid, I believed it was to be a WinCo, but nothing ever happened. Drove by and saw a lot of work going on. Does anyone have insight into what it's going to be? Sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I can't find it. Thank you!

Edit: To clarify it's directly southwest of the Del Taco off of Penn.

13. Default Re: Development at N. Penn and Highland Park Blvd?

That's the Dick's House of Sport!

14. Default Re: Development at N. Penn and Highland Park Blvd?

House of Sport is a completely new concept by Dick’s Sporting Goods and will be more than twice the size of its existing stores, with two levels and 115,000 square feet.

The new store will be located on N. Pennsylvania just south of Memorial Road/Kilpatrick Turnpike.

There is an existing Dick’s at 14200 N. Penn and it’s expected that location will close when House of Sport opens for business.

From a press release: “DICK’S House of Sport explores the future of retail through multi-sport experiences inside and outside the store, broad integration with the community, elevated customer service and enhanced technology. The store features a 17,000-square-foot outdoor turf field and running track, a rock-climbing wall, a batting cage with HitTrax™ technology, golf hitting bays with TrackMan™ simulators, a putting green, the company’s first-ever “House of Cleats” that will seasonally rotate product, a health and wellness destination to help customers with recovery and well-being, and a consolidated service area for breaking in gloves, stringing lacrosse sticks and building/repairing bikes.”

The new OKC store will be one of the first of the new larger concepts in the country.
    Construction started recently.

Default Re: Development at N. Penn and Highland Park Blvd?

Gotcha! Thank you for the information! After seeing your post I searched the forums and still couldn't find anything. Seems interesting, excited to have another "new" thing up this way and it's WAY better than a Winco lol

How about Winco taking over the old store. I dont know how large but maybe with an addition added. It could be a win win.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    How about Winco taking over the old store. I dont know how large but maybe with an addition added. It could be a win win.
    That would be nice, but I don't think it is likely. Based upon other threads about Winco, the reason they did not build at Penn/Memorial was the other three stores were not performing as strong as they had hoped. As other have posted, the grocery industry is extremely competitive, JackBe even pulled back on their drive-up concept at one of their three stores, and they probably operate with much lower overhead than a full size store like Winco.

Given the area though, I don't see how this would sit empty long. However, there is already plenty of retail and entertainment in close vicinity.

Thread Information