Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Del City bond issue

Default Re: Del City bond issue

Quote Originally Posted by woodyrr View Post
    Try a google search for eastword del city sirens. It should be the first link returned.
    Yea I found it. Cant Wait to see the new sirens go up. Anyone here know if the city still plans to do anything with the old one on Sunnylane

The new Del City sirens have been installed. I was surprised to see that the City went with Acoustic Technologies Inc. instead of Whelen or Federal Signal or even American Signal. The citizens of Del City will just have to determine if they like them and if they are reliable.

Del Crest ATI by woodyrr, on Flickr

Del City has begun to install the software for the siren controllers for the new system. Audible testing should start sometime today.

Quote Originally Posted by woodyrr View Post
    The new Del City sirens have been installed. I was surprised to see that the City went with Acoustic Technologies Inc. instead of Whelen or Federal Signal or even American Signal. The citizens of Del City will just have to determine if they like them and if they are reliable.

Del Crest ATI by woodyrr, on Flickr
    How much does a siren like that cost?

A lot of factors go into pricing a warning system: Siren type and options; power source; computer programming for testing and activation; whether there are radio warning receivers for public buildings, schools and hospitals; and whether existing sirens must be disposed of among other things.

I Don't know about ATI sirens, but Norman, Oklahoma's Whelen system cost about $1.2 million for 67 solar powered top of the line sirens for a per site cost of about $18000.00.

Norman Whelen 2910 omnidirectional electronic voice and siren system.

Norman, OK Siren #6 at Brookhaven Park by woodyrr, on Flickr

Wow...

I hate to bump an old thread, but a contractor has begun removing the old sirens in Del City. I don't know if they made arrangements to keep one for the tornado memorial. The Thunderbolt at Sunnylane Cemetery is now gone.

Del City Thunderbolt Siren by woodyrr, on Flickr

It's not the Thunderbolt siren at Sunnylane Cemetery. That one, as well as all of the other "old" sirens except for this one, was removed last summer. I now understand from a representative of the company that did the removals: This Thunderbolt, which stands at about I-40 and Sunnylane Road was not removed so it can be used for for the display discussed in this thread. As soon as the City of Del City tells him they are ready, the company will remove it so the City can do whatever they plan to do to get it ready and then it will be installed as a display.

Thread Information