Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10th & Hudson

Default Re: Old Red Cross site on 10th - Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by RBS View Post
    The side note to Steve's article states that the Medical Business Cooridor District is now being administered by Downtown OKC Inc. I don't know the details of this site's history, but should it not have been made available with an RFP, or at least marketed to the public? Midtown R is doing some great things, but Mr. Howard is on the board of Downtown OKC Inc. Seems like there should be some more disclosure here.
    What's wrong with that? The District is a non-profit, so they can go to whomever they want to get things done... Who would they disclose it to other than their own members? If the District was a government body, then there'd be disclosure needs.

2. Default Re: 10th & Hudson - Valir

Non-profits do not typically do RFPs - they are more like corporations than government bodies.

Default Re: 10th & Hudson - Valir

It would only be a problem if there was ever any public money in the site. I believe the MBDC originally put this site out via an RFP. That's how Valir ended up with it. I could be mistaken, but I think Grant Humphreys and Richard Tanenbaum both submitted proposals for this site. I assumed there was some city or other public money involved with this site, because of the original RFP. I'm going off memory, so I could wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Ah yes, I completely forgot that they're adding the NB exit. I didn't know they're planning to add a SB entrance. That's going to be a lot of exits in a short stretch for 235.
    Yet it still won't be enough probably. Need more both North and South.

The article says that the Midtown Group now owns the entire block from Harvey to Hudson, 10th St. to Park Place. Is it really just the little strip of property that fronts 10th St. that they own, or is it the entire actual block? If it's just to Park Place, that doesn't seem like a whole lot of property.

Also in the side notes of Mr. Lackmeyer's column, there is mention of modifications to the 10th St. crossing of I-235. Does anyone know what they're considering modifying?
    MidtownR now ownes 3/4 of the block every thing except the north west corner

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Thanks for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Are they gunning for the entire block?

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Are they gunning for the entire block?
    I thought NorthCare was part of the entire package? Did it not get transferred? I thought the original proposal had them moving out eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    I thought NorthCare was part of the entire package? Did it not get transferred? I thought the original proposal had them moving out eventually...
    That site was never transferred to Valir and has not been transferred to MidtownR.

I had never heard about their property being part of this development.

Help me out, MidtownR owns all of the block bound by 10th, 11th, Hudson, Harvey, with the exception of the northwest corner of that block?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Help me out, MidtownR owns all of the block bound by 10th, 11th, Hudson, Harvey, with the exception of the northwest corner of that block?
    As I understand it and with Boulder's clarification, yes, Midtown R owns exactly what you're saying.

Maybe we'll see some mixed use here...?

As I understand it and with Boulder's clarification, yes, Midtown R owns exactly what you're saying.

Maybe we'll see some mixed use here...?
    If they nab that last corner, I'd think you'd see another block development like the Edge since those seem to be gaining popularity downtown (Level, Edge, Maywood x2)

To date, MidtownR has only targeted renovations so it would be very interesting to see what completely new construction might look like.

It may be getting time to start thinking about some for-sale units in Midtown. The rental market is hot right now but I'd like to see some diversification.

Regardless, I'm glad these properties are in their hands. I think MidtownR has proven to be the best developer in town... Love every one of their projects.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    If they nab that last corner, I'd think you'd see another block development like the Edge since those seem to be gaining popularity downtown (Level, Edge, Maywood x2)
    This was my initial thought as well, but I think that kind of development would be a disappointment. I want to see something better, like what Marva Ellard had proposed a long time ago. I'll see if I can dig up the rendering. I have hopes with the Midtown group being involved, but who knows what completely new construction would like from them as we haven't yet seen any.

This was my initial thought as well, but I think that kind of development would be a disappointment. I want to see something better, like what Marva Ellard had proposed a long time ago. I'll see if I can dig up the rendering. I have hopes with the Midtown group being involved, but who knows what completely new construction would like from them as we haven't yet seen any.
    I don't know that I'd call it a disappointment, but certainly not the most exciting of scenarios. With Midtown being as patchy as it is, anything that "urbanizes" a whole block is a welcome addition...certainly better than 100k sq. ft. of grass

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That site was never transferred to Valir and has not been transferred to MidtownR.

I had never heard about their property being part of this development.
    I heard it internally at the City - I seem to recall people talking about their efforts to help them find a new facility... maybe they couldn't and that's why it didn't transfer.

I heard it internally at the City - I seem to recall people talking about their efforts to help them find a new facility... maybe they couldn't and that's why it didn't transfer.
    I know you were/are more connected on these projects, I just meant that I never saw anything about this in any of the reports and don't think it was ever a public part of this project.

Sounds likely it was discussed but never went forward for some reason.

I'll plot out all the MidtownR properties in that immediate area... They control a lot of vacant lots already so they have plenty of room to do most anything.

Hopefully MRG will incorporate a much needed parking garage in the new construction.

The county assessor now shows this site sold to an LLC controlled by the Midtown Renaissance group.

They paid exactly what Valir paid about 1.5 years ago: $697,000.

i was told at one point that there was/is a handshake agreement for the northcare site to sell for development and relocate to a new location

21. Default Re: Old Red Cross site on 10th - Midtown

The building foundation has been removed. They've laid strips of sod grass across the property and due to poor grading it currently is holding a fair amount of water. Not sure what part of the plan this comes in.

puddle | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I saw that last night and thought a pipe had ruptured somewhere.

That thing has more water than Canton!

What is being developed on this property?

HangryHippo Guest

No one is saying for certain, but Steve has mentioned that it's likely to be some sort of housing project.

Thread Information