Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10th & Hudson

Default Re: Old Red Cross site on 10th - Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    I think the NW corner of 10th and Harvey is a more important site for mixed-use development, based on its proximity to the Banta properties.
    To clarify, Banta has no properties in Midtown.

I'm actually okay with this as long as they get an urban design. As Kerry would say, we need density and once the vacant lots are filled in, better developments will come.

I really wish the government was not involved in this.

However, there is so much land in Midtown for developments.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    To clarify, Banta has no properties in Midtown.
    Sorry, I thought he was the principal investor in Midtown Renaissance. Who is behind that?

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    Sorry, I thought he was the principal investor in Midtown Renaissance. Who is behind that?
    Bob Howard and Mickey Clagg are the money, Banta was just managing it for them a few years ago.

Is Valir progessing along with this project? When do we expect to see development?

Not yet

This project if done correctly, could really be the missing piece for 10th street and help solidify the 10th street density.

Are there any project renderings or description for the future building?

None.

10. Default Re: Old Red Cross site on 10th - Midtown

Except for this rendering from a local elementary school, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shane453 View Post

Is there a OCURA deadline for this project to begin, much like the Old Mercy Hospital location at 13th & Walker?

Will Okc be waiting years from now wondering if anything ever is built, only to start the process over again with a new project and new developer?

There is no OCURA deadline because it is not an OCURA deadline.

Excuse me, I assumed that this was OCURA.

I do recall this being some type of City owned land being held exclusively for an economic development project. I would think that there would be some type of deadline set in order to expedite a development on this land or either move on to another developer. Much like OCURA has done with the Mercy re-development project.

I know it's only been a few months since this deal was made with Valir and I am not suggesting that they are stalling on this project. I am only more curious as to the details of this project and if it is expected to break ground anytime soon, say by early next year?

Valir has nothing about this deal on their website.

Yet another building gets torn down, without anyone questioning it, and the site sits vacant for years...

It's 2012, and we're still doing it. Is nobody else shocked by that? I thought we learned our lesson on doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Is Valir progessing along with this project? When do we expect to see development?
    I asked this question almost a year ago. No answers, no info.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I asked this question almost a year ago. No answers, no info.
    I asked someone with the city a few weeks ago about this. She had worked on the RFP for the site . It is definitely progressing. She said it had some muti use, but is a predominetely medical development.
    As such they have to receive numerous permits related to that specific use and it will take a while.
    I don't think we will see anything start till next year.

Default Re: 10th & Hudson - Valir

Next year? It would be really great if OCURA would just put more of their land up for sale for whoever could start construction within a few months. There was recently a deal come my way that if were possible, I could have bought a small parcel of OCURA land and had a new business open there before this time next year. Now it will sit empty for multiple years.

I get the whole RFP thing but some of these properties are taking way longer to develop with OCURA in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by city View Post
    I asked someone with the city a few weeks ago about this. She had worked on the RFP for the site . It is definitely progressing. She said it had some muti use, but is a predominetely medical development.
    As such they have to receive numerous permits related to that specific use and it will take a while.
    I don't think we will see anything start till next year.
    To my knowledge there are no outstanding permit applications waiting for review.

Yes, there is definitely nothing in front of the Urban Design Committee for this project.

All they really need is rezoning (if even necessary) and design approval. Both are straight forward.

I suspect it's a matter of scraping together the money more than anything.

HangryHippo Guest

Are there any plans for the rest of lot(s?) bounded by NW 10th St and NW 11th St between Harvey and Hudson? There seems to be a decent amount of momentum surrounding this block, but this empty block stuck out during my drive around today.

I think it will be a while before anything new will be built in Midtown considering there are still a lot of buildings that can/will be converted. I personally think that lot would be great for a pocket park, assuming they will clean up those old foundations.

adaniel, I assume you're excepting The Edge, which is an unbelievably fantastic new development for Midtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    adaniel, I assume you're excepting The Edge, which is an unbelievably fantastic new development for Midtown.
    Ah, yes. MAJOR brain fart on my part. I should know better since I live in Midtown!

I still think going forward there will be more emphasis on converting old buildings into live/work spaces, versus more new construction, i.e. Deep Deuce. But if the Edge is wildly successful then who knows, it could definitely peak interest in new construction, especially since Deep Deuce is just about built out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, there is definitely nothing in front of the Urban Design Committee for this project.

All they really need is rezoning (if even necessary) and design approval. Both are straight forward.

I suspect it's a matter of scraping together the money more than anything.
    I hear that Valir is moving forward with a substantial expansion of thier existing campus on 7th street. This is just a guess on my part, but it would appear that whatever they initially had planned for 10th street site did not pan out, so they're expanding their existing site. I noticed on their web site they apparently remodeled and expanded their corporate offices at the rehab hospital back in 2011. Maybe their plan is for further expansions at the 10th street site in the future, but the direction at this time is for about a 60,000SF addition connecting the 2 building on 7th street. They do appear to be growing by leaps and bounds in the healthcare sector with clinics all over the state.

i hope there plans for this site die and don't come back ... mixed use apts would be much much better for this block

Thread Information