Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SoSA District

Default Re: SoSA District Update

Does anybody really find a house in a great neighborhood and go uuuggghh, I don't like the name. Or does anybody think about moving to Oklahoma City and say no, the name is so unimaginative.

2. Default Re: SoSA District Update

^^ Well maybe, pretty sure there is an Edmond development called Morning Woods. Like around Kelly or Bryant? But no such problem for this development

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    No arguing with your real world experience college boy. I'm just ready for you to start work and see how things work in the real world.
    Metro, why are you now resorting to sneering across the Internet?

I am curious to know what you mean by suggesting I learn how things work in the real world. That's like being told by Hot Rod to get real... or like being told by swake to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by shane453 View Post
    ^^ well maybe, pretty sure there is an edmond development called morning woods. Like around kelly or bryant? But no such problem for this development
    lol

5. Default Re: SoSA District Update

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Don't you mean Pat Boone doing Heavy Metal? LOL
    Pat Boone's 1997 album In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy is highly recommended, at least by me.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Mode Homes announced on twitter today the name for their project will be called Lisbon. Horrible name IMO.
    I like the name. Not sure its relevance or origin. But it certainly doesn't sound like its from here. Which in OKC, is a good thing. We have too many ostentatious meaningless marketing names.

I lived in "The Legacy" for a bit. Legacy of what? But I digress. lol

Legacy of $hitty suburban design?

Or the new subdivision Heritage Oaks. While built across the street from Heritage Hall, they bulldozed every tree on the property. There aren't any Heritage Oaks left. They may have planted some new ones, but hard to tell from the saplings what kind of tree they are. LOL

But I do like names that at least give a nod to the history of the building (Montgomery etc)

But with that mindset, why not call our suburban developments Plano, Little Rock, Dallas, San Antonio, Topeka

Well it is all Dallas-style, if that helps.

What is the start date for the Lisbon project?

Also I never noticed but there is a Bed and Breakfast located in this area. Has anyone stayed here or know anyone that has?

12. Default Re: SoSA District Update

I dunno. But it's taking forever, and I've been ready for it. They haven't updated their Twitter much either. Which they would use to post some links, sneakpeaks, updates, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    What is the start date for the Lisbon project?

Also I never noticed but there is a Bed and Breakfast located in this area. Has anyone stayed here or know anyone that has?
    Depends, I think it's been pushed back many times, last I heard was this past spring.

Also, haven't stayed at the Maney House, but my former employer has put up many there. It's nice and quaint and used frequently for locals with guests since there is no Midtown area hotel.

this is probably still my favorite hood (i love the views, hilliness, modern homes-decently close to bus lines and midtown plaza). good to hear what is going on. Someday a musician and grad student will be able to snag something here and modernize a bungalow and join in the fun...

Lisbon Update from Mode Homes:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mode-...265134?sk=wall

dear friends - we are currently in the final stages of wrapping up financing for the construction of Lisbon Lofts and although we are a bit behind schedule we wanted you all to know that these units will be seeking owners in 2012!
    Like · · Share · 32 minutes ago

Renderings look great!

Agreed. I just love the design. Awesome. What's the location for these again?

9th and Shartel

Does anyone know where I can get a better look at the floor plans? I can't read the ones on those images.

If you all want to keep up with us please visit and "like" our new facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mode-D...07978789265134
    Also if you have any questions about the company, Lisbon Lofts, or any other of our projects please email us modedevelop@gmail.com

Your renderings are incredible, by the way.

thanks!

More from Mode:

Many have been speculating about the name of our first #OKC project, "Lisbon Lofts," as of recent so we thought we would set the record straight. "Lisbon" is the city in Portugal where St. Anthony was born in 1195 and since @saintsok is our partner in the project we felt compelled to make this "odd" choice. Today ironically both Lisbon and Oklahoma City have approximately the same population, however, OKC's population is on the rise and alternatively Lisbon has been on the decline since 1991.

I biked past this site and I am assuming it is on the South side of 9th.

I am curious as to why this site was chosen maybe I did not bike around enough but I did not really see the highlights of this neighborhood. There were a fair amount of rundown neighboring houses. Is it the proximity to Midtown?

As post number 47 talks about what inspired the project's name, I assume they are intending to market it towards workers at Saint Anthony's first and foremost. The happenings in Midtown certainly would contribute to the potential of the location as well.

Also, I think from one of the renderings, it looks like it will be on the northwest corner of 9th and Shartel.

I find it very interesting that Saints is their partner in the project. Not a bad partner to have with Midtown/SOSA developments. I would think that if this is successful we could see more of Saints partnering for residential developments.

How many units will there be and what are the expected price points?

Thread Information