Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kingman Building

1. Default Re: Kingman building sold

Another correction my friend would like to point out (notice she's too much of a coward to create an OKC Talk account like Bailey and I have): the magazine's name is OKCBiz, no longer OKC Business. Sadly, it probably will never be as good as it was when it was Duroucher's OKC Business. (This last line is a dig intended to get my friend to man up and start an account)

Default Re: Kingman building sold

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Another correction my friend would like to point out (notice she's too much of a coward to create an OKC Talk account like Bailey and I have): the magazine's name is OKCBiz, no longer OKC Business. Sadly, it probably will never be as good as it was when it was Duroucher's OKC Business. (This last line is a dig intended to get my friend to man up and start an account)
    You have been called to the yard, Pamela.

3. Default Re: Kingman building sold

Nope. Not Pamela I'm taking a cheap shot at. It's Heidi. So far, she's not taking the bait, though she's reading this and is alternately amused and peeved at me. We've been friends for a long time ... she'll survive.

4. Default Re: Kingman building sold

Good lord.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

5. Default Re: Kingman building sold

jbrown, all of this discussion regarding The Oklahoman, Journal Record and OKCBiz was just joking among friends and making light of comments made earlier in this thread by a frequent poster. Sorry if I offended.

Default Re: Kingman Building

Yucatan Taco Stand Tequila Bar and Grill going to this building.

Application before the Bricktown Design Review Committee to add patio and signs, I'm assuming on the canal.

http://yucatantacostand.com/

Experience the bold tastes and flavors usually found only in the Yucatan region of Mexico, Central and South America. Yucatan Taco Stand proudly features the freshest Latin fusion cuisine in a fast casual setting.
    We are famous for our award winning tacos, signature nachos and world class margaritas as well our bold Latin inspired dishes. Our made from scratch menu also includes such great culinary offerings as our handmade Banana Leaf Wrapped Tenderloin Tamales, Latin Caterpillar Roll, Paella De Venezuela, Vegetarian Mix-Mex Grill, Roasted Tequila Lime Chicken, Brazilian Shrimp Diablo and much more.
    Each Yucatan Taco Stand features both indoor and outdoor dining options where patrons can experience fast casual elegance surrounded by lively music, a sleek décor, warm colors, beautiful lighting and palm trees. For the tequila lovers, Yucatan Taco Stand offers more than seventy five different premium 100% agave tequilas and award winning made from scratch margaritas. Our full bars also proudly serve a variety of premium Artisan cocktails, imported Mexican & Latin beers and fine wine list. We welcome you to come savor the Yucatan Taco Stand difference of fast casual elegance and award winning fare.

Is this to replace Bourbon Street (which I have heard is not doing so well financially)? Or will this be just east of Bourbon Street in the same building?

Since the application is for a new patio, I believe it's in addition to Bourbon Street, not in place of.

this is on the main level the old othellos space .. this has been in the works for well over a year

HangryHippo Guest

Always nice to see new business coming to the area!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this is on the main level the old othellos space .. this has been in the works for well over a year
    On the corner? Where Banana Joe's used to be?

12. Default Re: Kingman Building

The space has been - among other things - Lotus, J. Frank's/Daddy Hinkle's, Othello's, and years ago Banana Joe's. It is directly ABOVE Bourbon Street and across from Peachwave. I saw them moving out old kitchen equipment last week in preparation for the new construction.

There are 7 words in the name of this new eatery. Siete.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The space has been - among other things - Lotus, J. Frank's/Daddy Hinkle's, Othello's, and years ago Banana Joe's. It is directly ABOVE Bourbon Street and across from Peachwave. I saw them moving out old kitchen equipment last week in preparation for the new construction.
    Geez, Bricktown lost its appeal to me long ago. That many since Banana Joe's? lol.

This place looks like fun. Hopefully the food is good.

$200,000 building permit today to renovate the office space in this building.

Anyone know what this is about?

It could be Black Oak Investments, especially if they didn't find a new tenant after Johnson & Associates (civil engineering firm) and Advanced Academics (education prep) moved out in 2010. I am referring to the article, "Kingman Building in Bricktown sells for $6.4 million | News OK" by Steve Lackmeyer.

Can't wait to hear stories about the ghosts not wanting renovations to be completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    $200,000 building permit today to renovate the office space in this building.

Anyone know what this is about?
    I have a friend on Facebook that just posted pictures of his new living quarters (inside this building). Pretty nice setup!

Following suit of several other Bricktown buildings, the Kingman is going to get some clean, fresh signage:

Boo! Save the "old paint."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    Boo! Save the "old paint."
    Yeah, will be interesting to see what the design committee says about this.

is yucatan taco stand gone or are they just removing the sign? wouldn't surprise me given the close proximity to fuzzy's.

The new signage received unanimous approval from Bricktown design review.

Very happy with some sprucing up on this building. Personally I like some of the worn looks on the buildings in Bricktown, but most of these new designs have been pretty good at not overdoing their updates. I'm assuming that Yacatan is still there, right? I've always enjoyed watching Thunder games there.

Thread Information