Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma River Development

Default Re: Oklahoma River Development

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    You never jumped off the canal taxi while it is turning around and sprinted across I-40?

Your life must be boring.
    You just gave me new idea for a Youtube video, I can see the tittle being called, "OKC'S Guide to Being a Successful Pedestrian"

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    You never jumped off the canal taxi while it is turning around and sprinted across I-40?

Your life must be boring.
    Lol, or you could be parked in that lot and take your car drive over. This kind of defeats the purpose of a water taxi though.

A few pictures here from Sunday evening:

Notice on the east side of the river extension under I-40 is the reinforced steel they're laying for concrete sidewalk work.

A wider view.

What this concrete item is, I do not know. Snowman??

Its part of the sewer system. There is a line directly below that drains into the river canel through an opening in the wall. They will probably put a top with a manhole over that.

For some reason I can't post direct links to my flickr account anymore so that's it for the night....

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Its part of the sewer system. There is a line directly below that drains into the river canel through an opening in the wall. They will probably put a top with a manhole over that.
    Did you mean the storm water system? It wouldn't seem correct to have untreated sewer dumping into the river.

Quote Originally Posted by workman45 View Post
    Did you mean the storm water system? It wouldn't seem correct to have untreated sewer dumping into the river.
    Yes, lol. I think the term "sewer" is still correct in this case? There are just two kinds of sewers.

Yes, lots of people call the storm sewer just "sewer".

Obviously, it's completely separate from the waste lines out of homes and businesses.

Storm Sewer/Sanitary Sewer

It always helps to have the nomenclature down.

Nice aerial view of the river front and the CoreToShore area:

Source: PHOTOS > Downtown OKC | Deeyung Entertainment

I wonder how long its going to take for them to finish the bridge connection over the river boat inlet by Chesapeake Boathouse.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I wonder how long its going to take for them to finish the bridge connection over the river boat inlet by Chesapeake Boathouse.
    Since no one is on here anymore, I answered my own question by going down to the Robinson Street Landing and biking along the river today. I rode east toward the Chesapeake Boathouse and saw where the bridge I was talking about does have its concrete sidewalk connector on its west end poured and hardened, but the bridge has yet to be poured as well as the east end. I continued down toward where the inlet goes under I-40 (had to ride my bike over some random plywood to the end of the sidewalk) and walked on foot to the corner and took this pic:

I then went back west and rode only to Agnew, where I stopped beneath the bridge to drink water and rest in the shade. I snapped this pic looking back toward the city:

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post

Are those electrical conduits sticking out of the ground. Could be a really nice lighting feature.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Are those electrical conduits sticking out of the ground. Could be a really nice lighting feature.
    The last I heard the lighting was planed to be on hung either off the wall and/or bridge but at points they did talk about having some from the ground. Though unless they found some funds elsewhere or some other parts came in under the expected bid, it had sounded like any lights independent of the wall/bridge were not going to be done.

CSN and OKC Boathouse District Announce Partnership | NBC Sports Pressbox

That's Comcast SportsNet Houston (CSN).

CSN will become the TV home of Oklahoma river sports, with the most in-depth coverage of the largest number
    of rowing/canoeing/kayaking events in the region.

The network’s coverage will include reports, highlights and interview segments of many of the Boathouse District’s
    premier events on SportsTalk Live (M-F, 5 p.m.) and SportsNet Central (M-F, 6 p.m., 10 p.m., midnight; Weekends
    at 10 p.m. and midnight).
    Sounds like a good thing.

OKC Riversport has put out a slick promo video:

A video to give one a virtual tour of the zip lines and the new sky slide:

That slide is like a gigantic krazy straw.

Holy vertigo!!

Looks awesome, though.

Yeah, the part where he walks right up to the edge of the beam made my spine tingle just a little.

Which is ridiculous, because I know that I'm only watching a video. But parts of the central nervous system are not as clever as the brain and just react instinctively anyway.

It's nice that the sliders get a butt-saving cushion to ride on.

Please enjoy my commentary. Feel free to share this with the City of OKC if you know how to grab their attention since I assume they're the ones that are paying for this, meaning we citizens are paying for this:

Did you report it to the city?

A) sprinklers break like that all the time, especially in construction areas, but also just because they break. It is not at all uncommon and sprinklers are not generally monitored 24-7 by maintenance staff so this easily could've gone unnoticed for a few days.

B) that isn't a new sprinkler system, it's been there as long as I've been walking the trails.

Instead of wasting your time, making an overly dramatic cell phone video about how it bothers you, try actually doing something productive to get it fixed...like reporting it to the city. You almost sound like that idiot that ran around Norman making videos complaining about OU, calling David Boren a fathead. Sorry, but if it annoys you that much, quit complaining and do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Did you report it to the city?
    It was today after 5PM and, for that matter, I'm sure the city is not open on Sunday.

25. Default Re: Oklahoma River Development

For most instances when you want to bring an issue to the City's attention but are unsure to whom your comments should be directed:

Oklahoma City Action Center: (405) 297-2535 action.center@okc.gov or to submit an action request online click here.

In this case, since you know this is an area maintained by the Parks Department, the best place to go is:

Oklahoma City Department of Parks and Recreation Grounds Management: (405) 297-2356

Parks actually does a very good job maintaining many thousands of acres citywide with limited resources that are seemingly the first to be cut anytime the City has a budget hiccup. They will be appreciative and responsive to any reports regarding infrastructure or maintenance problems you might run across, and also are always willing to listen to (constructive) criticism.

Thread Information