Widgets Magazine
Page 69 of 149 FirstFirst ... 196465666768697071727374119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3701

Thread: Scissortail Park

Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I don't understand why this parking lot isn't getting developed. It's arguably the most valuable land in OKC. The developers already know what's going in around it... why the wait?
    It's the Midtown Renaissance group and they aren't doing anything right now.

And even when they do, they have a ton of properties to develop.

Hopefully whatever is built here is nothing short of 50 stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Hopefully whatever is built here is nothing short of 50 stories!
    Amazon HQ2 in OKC confirmed!

Core2Shore would be great place for Amazon to build an urban campus all of the other issues aside.

That's good parking on Thunder game days. I hope they keep it.

Aside from a landfill, a parking lot is one of the worst uses for this property.

Similar to the lot by IHOP in Bricktown, I wish they would invest in rebuilding the parking lot. If it's going to be a parking lot for 5 or more years, at least make it as attractive and inviting as possible. Find a way to improve the connection between the two parks with a wide walking/bike trail down Harvey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    That's good parking on Thunder game days. I hope they keep it.
    So true, but I'm reluctant to park in that area anymore because it isn't monitored like it was prior to the renovation of the Peake when the OKCPD portable skywatch towers were used. There are just too many undesirables who could take advantage of parked cars in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    So true, but I'm reluctant to park in that area anymore because it isn't monitored like it was prior to the renovation of the Peake when the OKCPD portable skywatch towers were used. There are just too many undesirables who could take advantage of parked cars in the area.
    According to crime analytics in the OKC database, a vehicle hasn't been broken into in that area in over a year.

Blog Entries

Not to derail thread...but regarding PP post above ^ (and I know he was just kidding) but did OKC even put in a bid for Amazon?

Yes sir we did....I posted an article from koco with Abigail Ogle briefly speaking with Mayor Cornet about it in the Amazon thread.

In fact, someone mentioned they had a family member working at Amazon and apparently we have a real shot at it. Count me in as being optimistic that we get them to come here. They could have that land to the east of Scissortail or to the east of Chesapeake. Whatever the case, would be pretty awesome for us to win the bid.

**sidenote** I believe it was noted that Tulsa put in a bid too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1 View Post
    Not to derail thread...but regarding PP post above ^ (and I know he was just kidding) but did OKC even put in a bid for Amazon?
    It's discussed here: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...13#post1006213

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_on_mines View Post
    In fact, someone mentioned they had a family member working at Amazon and apparently we have a real shot at it.
    Is this anything more than just rumors of questionable truthfulness? I know I've been super negative about our odds at the HQ (for good reason, IMO), so this just strikes me as really implausible and more like what people from OKC want to believe than the truth. I know we haven't seen the package OKC put together, but I can't think of anything we can offer them that other cities can't except we also have a ton of drawbacks considering what they're looking for....

Everything I've heard is that we've got zero shot at it. We're not a tech hotbed.

Probably just sitting on it waiting for someone with big money to come buy it. Suprised the city hasn't offered to buy it yet.

15. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Probably just sitting on it waiting for someone with big money to come buy it. Suprised the city hasn't offered to buy it yet.
    Didn't they? I thought this was the lot they wanted for the convention center, but the price was too high.

16. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

It’s not JUST Midtown Renaissance, correct? Last I knew the Halls were still in the partnership on this property. If so, they’re a little busy at the moment doing some other really cool stuff downtown, but I’m sure none of these guys have forgotten this land.

The anxiety and impatience people show on this stuff. This property will develop, and based on who is involved, the development will be done very, very well. I can’t imagine that it will be empty/unplanned even five years from now, certainly not ten. Either of these would be a blink in the eye relative to how development has occurred downtown over the past half-century.

The impatience people have on stuff like this is always surprprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    It’s not JUST Midtown Renaissance, correct? Last I knew the Halls were still in the partnership on this property. If so, they’re a little busy at the moment doing some other really cool stuff downtown, but I’m sure none of these guys have forgotten this land.

The anxiety and impatience people show on this stuff. This property will develop, and based on who is involved, the development will be done very, very well. I can’t imagine that it will be empty/unplanned even five years from now, certainly not ten. Either of these would be a blink in the eye relative to how development has occurred downtown over the past half-century.

The impatience people have on stuff like this is always surprprising.
    OKC track record on development/redevelopment does not illicit confidence (mine) in either timely or transformational development outcomes. Look for a modest, uninspired, fill-in effort. Same for the cotton seed area. OKC just does not go big on development

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    It's discussed here: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...13#post1006213

Is this anything more than just rumors of questionable truthfulness? I know I've been super negative about our odds at the HQ (for good reason, IMO), so this just strikes me as really implausible and more like what people from OKC want to believe than the truth. I know we haven't seen the package OKC put together, but I can't think of anything we can offer them that other cities can't except we also have a ton of drawbacks considering what they're looking for....
    Eh....were all entitled to OUr own opinion. You have yours, I have mines. Nothing wrong with that.

19. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_on_mines View Post
    Eh....were all entitled to OUr own opinion. You have yours, I have mines. Nothing wrong with that.
    You gotta stop with the "OUr"

20. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I wonder if they're holding this land to sell the city for a new NBA arena. We're going to start having discussions relatively soon (4-5 years) about the need to begin planning for a new arena and the Thunder will want to keep the team downtown.

Will we need a new arena that soon? I don't see anything wrong with the current one.

22. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    This comment really needs more expOSUre.

I really wish there was a word with SWOSU in it...

I had to take a little ROSEy STATEx pill because this thread was starting to make my head hurt, but now I get it.

Thread Information