Widgets Magazine
Page 75 of 149 FirstFirst ... 257071727374757677787980125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3701

Thread: Scissortail Park

1. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Enough copper in there they could probably just take down the fence and let the drug addicts do their thing. Will be gone in a few days!
    no kidding. lol
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: Scissortail Park

Here is a better shot.

I believe it is now completely out of commission.

Here is a link to access both webcams, the one from the bridge that was posted earlier, and one from near Chesapeake Arena looking south mainly at what is going to be the stage area.

https://www.senserasystems.com/publi...g/M68710754797

Walking to the game this past Saturday from just West of the Myriad Gardens, I noticed that the 'Hill' behind the great lawn hides 90 % of the Union Train Station. My thought was that's just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Walking to the game this past Saturday from just West of the Myriad Gardens, I noticed that the 'Hill' behind the great lawn hides 90 % of the Union Train Station. My thought was that's just wrong.
    I had that feeling as well. but then thought how when completed I might actually prefer it. It doesn't need to be visible from the north for me as there will be trees and plantings any ways. then as you explore the park you get to discover it. I think it can be nice as a treasure you find on exploration. I always enjoy that when exploring parks myself. -

From the northern part of the park and north of there, Union Station won't be visible anyway once all the trees mature. It's just not that tall.

OTOH, if and when the station gets redeveloped, the skyline still should be pretty visible from the front patio area, which everyone agrees would make a great cafe.

Several homes have been demolished and all the commercial buildings are now vacant with some demo work starting .

Will the cross streets be disappearing once this is complete?

As always I really enjoy your drone shots Pete. Great investment!

Yes, they will eventually demolish all the internal streets just like the did in the upper park.

Glad you enjoy the shots! I really does help to get a bigger picture view of what is happening around town.

Between the upper & lower park what type of security presence is expected to be in place?

Are there buildings planned for the lower park like the ones in the upper park?

This shows the lower park from the OK River:

It looks weird.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    It looks weird.
    It does. I really hate the lower section.

I mean, when you look at it with the outline it looks weird. When it actually is built it won't. The plot that is missing from the meat packing plant will just look like a bare part of the park. A lot of people I'm sure will play in that spot. Good luck to the owners trying to keep kids off of it.

17. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I mean, when you look at it with the outline it looks weird. When it actually is built it won't. The plot that is missing from the meat packing plant will just look like a bare part of the park. A lot of people I'm sure will play in that spot. Good luck to the owners trying to keep kids off of it.
    If they don't ultimately sell it to the city, I'm sure they'll put up a fence to keep people off and protect them from liability issues. That won't look great on that section of the park, but I think it will ultimately be resolved in a favorable manner.

What will the park's interaction with the river be? Will it be a seamless transition from the park to the river?

That seems likely. The river is more or less already parkland with the river trails, hopefully it all gets integrated together nicely.

Perhaps they can put in some kind of visitors' center there next to Lack of Commitment Square. Make it look like it is two separate parks. Have some large building/public art design tunnel thing where people pass through it to the next section. That way it'll look like the big parking lot that divides the park isn't just a missing piece.

Cusack dispute could be resolved this month

Meating of the minds?

By: Brian Brus The Journal Record April 10, 2018

OKLAHOMA CITY – City Hall’s conflict with Cusack Wholesale Meats Co. over the value of potential MAPS 3 land is heading to a resolution at the end of the month.

Al Cusack, who owns the 85-year-old meat processing company, said the municipal counselor’s office recently asked his lawyer to provide records that showed how his company came to the $100,000 Cusack is seeking from the city. At the end of March, City Council members met in executive session to discuss the claim; Cusack said he had been told to expect negotiations then.

Cusack submitted his claim in December after years of disagreements about the value of the company’s property at S. Harvey Avenue and SW 11th Street. The Urban Renewal Authority started condemnation proceedings to acquire the 3 acres in 2013 but dropped the plan due to a pricing conflict: The city’s appraisals came in at about $170,000, and the company expected $7.6 million because of U.S. Department of Agriculture standards and costly upgrades the company has made over the years. The complaint alleges that Cusack incurred significant expenses in order to engage in discussions with the city and OCURA.

City attorney Amanda Carpenter said her office needed additional information before a recommendation could be made to council members. That material will be presented to them in two weeks and a determination made then, she said. Carpenter said further details could not be divulged.

Cusack said he will be glad to put the problem behind him.

The part of Cusack’s property targeted by OCURA involved empty parking lot space used for turning semi-trucks around for dock loading. The site just barely overlapped a new park planned under the Metropolitan Area Projects temporary tax.

Instead, the City Council shifted to an alternative target and approved $14 million to purchase property held by Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. at SW Fourth Street and S. Robinson Avenue. That development also required OG&E to relocate a control center for power transmission and distribution systems.

Nice shot of Wiley Post Park to the south of the OK River and how Scissortail Park will ultimately take you all the way to the riverfront.

This is pretty cool... You can see the landscaping start to take form, or at least where many of the trees and small berms will go.

25. Default Re: Scissortail Park

It looks like they are building a slide into the lake.

Thread Information