Widgets Magazine
Page 81 of 147 FirstFirst ... 317677787980818283848586131 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3663

Thread: Scissortail Park

Default Re: Scissortail Park

Wow. This is going to look so good. I'm really proud of the efforts of everyone involved...
    Does anyone know if the parking lots west of the Chesapeake Arena (between Reno/OKC Blvd and Hudson/Robinson) will remain parking lots? If so, I hope they will at least be repaved.

The 3rd photo is standing on the patio at the cafe looking out at the main stage and the grand oval. It's going to be a fantastic setting.

And in the first photo, they are putting in an intersection on the boulevard at Harvey, which is a very strong indication they are not going to let REHCO close that street (as they had previously petitioned) if/when they get around to developing those huge parking lots. Also, why are they tearing up the curb and doing this after they already finished that section of the boulevard?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Also, why are they tearing up the curb and doing this after they already finished that section of the boulevard?
    I don't think I'll ever understand how road construction decisions are made in this city. I can't tell you how many times they pour concrete only to come back after it's done and tear it up for something. It's obnoxious, messes up the final product, and is a waste.

Blog Entries

Does that align with the "Harvey Spine"?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Does that align with the "Harvey Spine"?
    Roughly.

Neither the Devon rotunda nor the crystal bridge exactly follow where Harvey once ran.

Interesting. I've been driving that bit of the boulevard recently just to keep looking at all the development in the area and I was wondering what the bit had been torn up for.I like the implication that they're not going to let REHCO create a super-block development between the Myriad and Scissortail.

Do we know if those are city workers building that intersection instead of the state workers still working on the rest of it, or has that section not been formally turned over to the city?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't think I'll ever understand how road construction decisions are made in this city. I can't tell you how many times they pour concrete only to come back after it's done and tear it up for something. It's obnoxious, messes up the final product, and is a waste.
    Must have been a last minute decision in this case and it wasnt in the original plans. It's a lot more work to build an intersection vs a straight road. The formwork for intersections have to be manually set while a straight road is probably a few hours using paving machines.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/weather/ot...ans/vi-BBO3rYN

Was watching CBS Sunday Morning and low and behold, the incredible new park in Moscow was designed by Mary Margaret Jones, the same landscape designer of Scissortail Park -

I walked this stretch Sunday night. I had to walk in the streetcar tracks as there are no sidewalks on either side of the street yet. I assume the city will put them in when ODOT turns the project over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-au/weather/ot...ans/vi-BBO3rYN

Was watching CBS Sunday Morning and low and behold, the incredible new park in Moscow was designed by Mary Margaret Jones, the same landscape designer of Scissortail Park -
    What struck me a bit more was the connection to the High Line in New York. On a trip to Manhattan a few years back I made a point to find and walk that, and it is fantastic.

This one turned out pretty well:

Has that little tunnel been closed off? The one underneath Robinson that goes from the park to where the construction trailers are staged? I believe the city owns the land on the other side, too. Was wondering if the park is designed to incorporate that for the future in any way?

Blog Entries

MAPS3 Re: Scissortail Park

Is it possible to relocate the land run monument to main park area in Scissortail Park? IMO it would enhance the park.

Would be willing to appropriate MAPS 4 initiative money to move this project.

What are your thoughts?

That would be a definite no from me. The city is already underway with landscaping and lighting projects for the monument. And is it really even hiddden? It may not be the absolute most visible area atm but despite that I see people over there all the time - even on the coldest days. Access and connectivity to the boathouse and the rest of Bricktown do need to be improved however which would create more awareness of the project. Time will also play a factor as development extends to that portion of the canal, producers coop and boathouse dist.

If anything we need to use Maps 4 to rejuvenate and add to lower Bricktown, repurpose all those parking lots, not take away one of the few reasons for outsiders to go there and wander down to the river and Boathouse district.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Is it possible to relocate the land run monument to main park area in Scissortail Park? IMO it would enhance the park.

Would be willing to appropriate MAPS 4 initiative money to move this project.

What are your thoughts?
    Please no. Our new park was designed with a particular style and architecture in mind. These monuments, while fantastic, do not have a place in Scissortail.

I agree that we need to do more to help people know about our awesome monument park but that can be done many other ways, especially once the Co-op property is in play. Those monuments need to stay where they are.

Also, the park around the monuments was designed with them in mind. So, it would be inappropriate and borderline offensive to just rip them out.

Better idea: develop the giant empty parking lot next to it and it won't be hidden anymore.

The grassy area directly on the canal, adjacent to the lot, north of the monument will likely be developed at some point I'm the next few years so that'll help a bit.

They have now sodded most of the lower park area.

Blog Entries

Man the Omni is going to dwarf the Fairfield. That first upper park pic really puts it into perspective.

Why are they sodding the lower park? They haven’t even placed any basic infrastructure there yet.

BTW, I hate to beat a dead horse, but seeing that first picture makes me happy and sad at the same time. Reason being that we’d have a beautiful development on the stage center lot if the OG&E plans went through. Oh well. Maybe something better will be proposed down the line.

Moved the posts on the Opportunity Zones initiative to a new thread:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=44772

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Why are they sodding the lower park? They haven’t even placed any basic infrastructure there yet.
    Erosion control and to keep dust blowing under control. Plus it just looks better while were waiting for construction to begin.

Thread Information