Widgets Magazine
Page 78 of 149 FirstFirst ... 287374757677787980818283128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3701

Thread: Scissortail Park

1. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Cool! Good to know, thanks!

Default Re: Scissortail Park

It would be nice if, like they did with the park in Dallas, they eventually connected the two sides over the highway.

3. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by megathunder View Post
    It would be nice if, like they did with the park in Dallas, they eventually connected the two sides over the highway.
    That connection is already in place. The Sky Dance bridge will allow people to cross I-40 between both sides of the park. Read the prior two posts.

Quote Originally Posted by OUman View Post
    That connection is already in place. The Sky Dance bridge will allow people to cross I-40 between both sides of the park. Read the prior two posts.
    Googe Images or Maps for Clyde Warren park Dallas. The highway actually goes under the park.

Quote Originally Posted by megathunder View Post
    They didn’t connect two sides of a park, they literally built a new 5-acre park on top of an open air below-grade freeway.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    They didn’t connect two sides of a park, they literally built a new 5-acre park on top of an open air below-grade freeway.
    I know, but ours initially won’t be one giant park like that one hence the “connect”.

Blog Entries

Scissortail's connection to Wiley Post Park would attract greater interest since the skate park is to the east underneath Robinson. OKC has a chance to string 4 park areas--Myriad Botanical Gardens, Scissortail , Wiley Post & Wheeler Park just west across Walker.

8. Default Re: Scissortail Park

You can really see the details starting to show up!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    You can really see the details starting to show up!
    Yeah if you look closely you can see the pubic hairs on Lake Nutsack.

10. Default Re: Scissortail Park

The garden at the bottom right looks like a catcher's mitt. You're welcome.

Blog Entries

Awesome pic, Goldfire

Rode thru there on my bike this past Sunday, man things are taking shape...

This park is sure going to have a lot of "big...lake...energy".

MAPS Board approves plans for 2nd phase of downtown park

Thursday, the MAPS 3 Citizens Advisory Board approved a resolution approving preliminary plans for the 2nd phase of Scissortail Park.

The first phase of this 70-acre project is well under construction with completion set for next fall.

The area known as the Lower Park is 28 acres south of Interstate 40 and north of the Oklahoma River. When complete, the central business district and all of downtown will be connected to the river, its extensive trail system and all the recreation facilities in that area.

The budget for the Lower Park is $20.5 million and construction should start by the end of 2019 with a grand opening at the end of 2021.

The City of Oklahoma City has purchased the required property, most of which inhabits the area commonly referred to as Hubcap Alley. Several homes and structures have been cleared or soon will be razed.

Hargreaves Associates, which is responsible for designing Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London and the grounds of the William J. Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock, Arkansas, presented the plan which includes a sports area, community garden, crescent lawn for events and a wide promenade which will flow from the Upper Park, across Skydance Bridge and I-40 and all the way to the riverfront.

Once the resolution is approved by city council, the project will move into final design with construction bids to follow.

The MAPS 3 convention center has started construction to the east of the Upper Park and the Omni Hotel -- to be located directly north -- is set to start next month.

When complete, the entire Scissortail Park will span 70 acres in the city's core at a total cost of $132 million.

HangryHippo Guest

Those pavilion buildings - yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Those pavilion buildings - yeesh.
    I actually like them. Minimalistic, in my opinion, is the way to go. It is just my opinion, though.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    I actually like them. Minimalistic, in my opinion, is the way to go. It is just my opinion, though.
    I think it's mainly the roof designs I don't care for. But I do agree with you that minimalistic is the way to go.

I am glad they are, at least in the initial rendering, including tennis courts!

i very much like this! hope it lives up to or exceeds the designs

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/FranchiseOK/stat...19871035543552

Finish line of the memorial marathon will be moving to Scissortail.

Sorry, I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm a tad underwhelmed by phase 2 . Just seems like settling when there is so much possibility.
    I know I'll get roasted for this but I got to preview the Gathering Place in Tulsa. There is a lot's of stuff for everyone and it is really well imagined and thought out. This just seems like grass fields, sidewalks, some really ugly pavilions, and a basketball court...

23. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDustin View Post
    Sorry, I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm a tad underwhelmed by phase 2 . Just seems like settling when there is so much possibility.
    I know I'll get roasted for this but I got to preview the Gathering Place in Tulsa. There is a lot's of stuff for everyone and it is really well imagined and thought out. This just seems like grass fields, sidewalks, some really ugly pavilions, and a basketball court...
    It's a bit underwhelming, I agree. However I do believe this was supposed to be a less-programmed and passive part of the park, from the get go. North of I-40 is heavily programmed and I'm okay with there being two distinctly different areas. My biggest gripe about the Lower Park is the Cusack lot, but that ship has sailed...

The narrowing of the park between SW 11th & SW 12th due to the meat company parking lot is still so bad.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The narrowing of the park between SW 11th & SW 12th due to the meat company parking lot is still so bad.
    That's the part that really bothers me.

Thread Information