Widgets Magazine
Page 71 of 149 FirstFirst ... 216667686970717273747576121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3701

Thread: Scissortail Park

Default Re: Scissortail Park

For the people wanting the REHCO site to develop right now: I think that will honestly do more harm than good. I think extending the time to develop the Cox Site and the REHCO site only enhances our possibility of developing what truly needs to be put up on those sites. The reality is that it is the most important land in Oklahoma, and if we rush to put up a couple 15 - 30 story office buildings, we're going to have missed the greatest opportunity to create a world class stretch of development from Union Station to Santa Fe Station. This may be pessimistic of me, but I seriously question sometimes how clearly the owners of these properties can see the importance of these properties (one of those owners being the city). I'll say it a million times over, but I really think those two properties being developed correctly are the difference from us being a permanent Tier III city and becoming a solid Tier II city.

Here's a video I took on Sunday showing the Hubcap Alley / Lower Park area, then the Upper Park construction then a little trip over to the Producers Coop.

Forgive the jerkiness in the beginning, I am just starting to learn about how to take good drone video then editing it, but have ideas for lots of great new content.

Blog Entries

Pete, Can't see any attachment, link, or embedded video.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Pete, Can't see any attachment, link, or embedded video.
    Thanks for letting me know.

How about now?

5. Default Re: Scissortail Park

So cool! Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks for letting me know.

How about now?
    Working like a charm

Crazy how torn to shreds the park, convention center site and the old coop site are. A complete waste land at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Crazy how torn to shreds the park, convention center site and the old coop site are. A complete waste land at the moment.
    Yes, it's like a post-apocalyptic hellscape all through there but we will soon see some things starting to be built on those sites and then suddenly there will be a ton of construction all at one time.

Will be really fun to watch over the next 1-3 years.

I can't wait to see all of this get underway. It will almost certainly be the biggest transformation the city has seen in decades. If ever.

Drove by this the other day. It's quite impressive the mini-mountain they placed at the back of the Great Lawn. It's gonna be a cool setting if they do the stage and light programming correctly.

You can see they have started to dismantle the old substation. The building to the immediate north is set for demolition.

Someone had asked if the lake would be lined in some way...

There are bids out for a liner so the answer is definitely yes.

I believe it will be some sort of polypropylene.

More than I expected! Wish they had the same width as the north park all the way to the river but oh, well. I think it will all be a smashing success.

Note they did remove the dog park which was to go where they elected not to buy the Cusack Meats property due to expense.

Looking like no dog park. What a let down.

17. Default Re: Scissortail Park

Look at all the white people hanging out there! Do they really not have any computer drawings of people of color? I think there might be one guy on the soccer pitch...jeez.
    I'm not saying these guys are racist or anything, but it just glared at me that everyone in every drawing is white.

Always has to be that one person try to make something out of nothing, GEEZ !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    Look at all the white people hanging out there! Do they really not have any computer drawings of people of color? I think there might be one guy on the soccer pitch...jeez.
    I'm not saying these guys are racist or anything, but it just glared at me that everyone in every drawing is white.
    It’s 2017 so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised when someone gets offended because a computer mock-up isn’t PC enough... smh, pick your battles, this seems like a dumb one. FIRE THE RACIST COMPUTERS THAT DREW THIS!!!

132 mil seems like a little too much for a park. They better have some good development around it.

Keep in mind that a big chunk of that was just to acquire the land.

46 acres in the middle of the urban core... Doesn't come cheap.

How cool would it be to have something like the Milwaukee Public Market at the end of the park right on the river? Give this area a couple of decades and it's going to be the most happening place in okc.

23. Default Re: Scissortail Park

I'd like to see a general decking built out over the rocks to hide them but to make the lakeshore more useful

So I noticed that the pier shown in the aerial POV rendering of the park isn’t shown in the site plan or layout. They also filter out those ugly ass rocks lining the whole river. Is the pier not part of these plans? They intend on building it at a later date with other funds?

A bit off topic, but I would love to see a stone wall build along the river to replace those white rocks. It makes the river look like some rural irrigation project, IMO.

The riverfront is not part of the MAPS3 plans.

Thread Information