Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

Thumbs down Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

Anyone ever use them? They damaged my car and WONT own up to it. I used the one on Penn, their Quail location. I am new to the area (here about a year now), so was wondering if anyone else had any experience with them.

Default Re: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

You didn't do this did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jettmiester View Post
    Anyone ever use them? They damaged my car and WONT own up to it. I used the one on Penn, their Quail location. I am new to the area (here about a year now), so was wondering if anyone else had any experience with them.
    Yeah, they're bad. They put some Armor-All-type crap on my steering wheel and gearshift, unbelievable, *never* had that happen.... Wife used them (against my recommendation), her car wasn't as clean as it should be, windows had smears on them, etc. (I would've made them fix it, but she didn't, for some reason). Nothing damaged permanently, but still a sorry excuse for a car wash. USA Car Wash (I think that's their name) on NW Expressway just east of MacArthur is who I use now, they've done a good job the past few times. Red Carpet has a good rep, not sure if they're still good or not, though.

Angry Re: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

I've heard good things about Red Carpet car wash. After I get my car repaired (over $1100.00) I'll look into them and see where their locations are.

Even though one of their own employees admitted that the damage on my car was not there prior to entering the wash tunnel (and the damage was caught right after exiting the tunnel during the drying off process), they are still trying to back out of being liable for this. Unbelieveable.

While not near $1,100 - I took my car to CarSpa and the guy with the hand vacuum sucked out the liners to all the cup holders in my car. They replaced them (about $30) but I still had to take time to go to the dealership. I still use CarSpa on occasion, but I take out the liners on my cup holders first. In fact, I remove everything I don't want sucked out of car.

On a funny note, many moons ago I purchased a used car and when I got home I pulled the window sticker off the car. It left some glue residue on the window so I used a razor blade to scrape it off, which fell has a white powder on the black carpet. When I got done I just dropped the razor blade on the floor with the glue and about a month later when to Jiffy Lube for an oil change. When I got the car back I was expecting them to vacuum it, which they did, but they left the white powder and razor blade right where it was. I asked them to vacuum it again and they left the glue and razor blade again. I then figured out why they weren't cleaning it up. They thought it was cocaine. I hope they didn't try to use any.

Just contacted KFOR about this, In You Corner. We'll see if this route works. Anyone have experience with them? Seems they do alot of good for people who are victims of bad business.

I took my last car to the one in Norman. That was the first and last time I will ever went there. They are HORRIBLE.

Red Carpet on May gets my money now.

8. Default Re: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

I worked at the one in Norman for a short period of time in 2001. Believe it or not, at least back then, the lower and mid-level management cared very deeply about the job getting done correctly.

My guess is that the problems have a lot to do with their hiring base.

I remember when businesses cared for their customer base and/or it's clients. That day is just about total history now. This place never kept its work on contacting me, returning phone calls or anything they promised. It's amazing how people are not only treated, but lied to.

10. Default Re: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jettmiester View Post
    I remember when businesses cared for their customer base and/or it's clients. That day is just about total history now. This place never kept its work on contacting me, returning phone calls or anything they promised. It's amazing how people are not only treated, but lied to.
    Lodge a complaint with the Better Business Buraeu. Hit'em where it hurts. I believe in consumer feedback, much like it sounds like you do.

11. Default Re: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/complaintlink.aspx

They have a B- rating right now. Looks like the Better Business Bureau attempted to contact them for background info, and they didn't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/complaintlink.aspx

They have a B- rating right now. Looks like the Better Business Bureau attempted to contact them for background info, and they didn't respond.
    Thanks for the great advice, that was going to be my next step. I am getting ready to file it now.

Don't use the BBB - ineffective and widely-suspected of giving positive ratings to subscriber businesses, lower ratings to others. 60 Minutes did an expose in 2010 I believe.

Why not small claims court?

14. Default Re: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Don't use the BBB - ineffective and widely-suspected of giving positive ratings to subscriber businesses, lower ratings to others. 60 Minutes did an expose in 2010 I believe.

People still use BBB anyway.

Small claims court is another, better, option, but it will be a little bit of a time suck.

So how exactly did they do $1100 worth of damage?

Doing the small claims court thing as well.

Brandon, there is a gouge in the hood thats deep and well into the sheet metal. The hood has to be replaced. Body shop says filler wont last with the opening and closing the hood in time.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post

I already filed with BBB, didn;t know about the 60 Minutes Expose on them. Nothing can be trusted now days huh?

Small Claims court is in the works. I am doing anything and everything possible I know of to hit em where it hurts.

I've even thought about getting a group of friends and picketing in front of their business during business hours.

For the record, the Fast Lanes in Norman is now independently owned and has nothing to do with the Fast Lanes in OKC and Edmond other than having the same name. Their automatic wash part was closed for about three weeks last Fall while they put all new equipment put into the wash. Not sure of the problem swilki had there recently, but I think they do a great job now as opposed to before the new owner took over. I had stopped going there years ago and a friend of mine told me about the new ownership and recent changes. Just had them flush the transmission recently and got good service and didn't have to wait very long either. I've never used the ones in Edmond and Quail, so I really can't comment on their services.

I always wash mine by hand, granted I do it less in the winter and it is a mustang so fairly small surface area.

I was using them when washing by hand was not feasable....like when building my home and during my bout with Pneumonia. From now on I'll just let is stay dirty when it's not feasable to hand wash.

This company has no integrity and just will not own up to it's wrong doing. It is so amazing how no one is responsible for their own actions any longer. Especially when one of their own managers who prepped my car himself stated that that gouge was not present before entering the wash. Simply amazing.

This business still refuses to work with me at all on the matter. Just a heads up and hope no one else gets damage there and has to go throught what I am dealiing with.

Don't use them. I went to have my Sequoia detailed and I paid extra for carpet shampoo and for large car and for seats. I go to pick it up and they tell me it's $5.00 extra per mat of I want the mats shampooed! Not only that, there is a spot on my paint that looks dull. They say they did not do that, but this car is only a year old! Wow...a 60k car that needs a new paint job!! Please take this advice and stay away from this place!!

Too bad you didn't come acrosss this thread first. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You can claim up to 6k in small claims court. Did you talk to anyone at the wash abut your situation?

File with Better Business Bureau. I already have a file on them there, the more the merrier they say!

My court date is set....mid April. Wish me luck!

Thread Information